What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RN on a Covid isolation floor.

Even we are mandating(time off on rotation) our RN's. As an organization we have hundreds, if not thousands, of health care workers furloughed. Including many, many registered nurses.

We are supposedly one of the top hot spots in the United States.

What’s your take on the situation? It’s crickets over here.

Fatcamp

WKR
What’s your take on the situation? It’s crickets over here.

I don't know. Some people get really sick but the ones I work with are more stable. Cardiopulmonary vs. ICU, ya know.

It is a mess, and the only thing I know for sure is that trying to get solid answers on any of this is like juggling water. Super strange situation.

Some doctors must believe it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Everything I'm seeing suggests against using it for treatment.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Ten Bears

WKR
That’s all from the exact 368 person study. The other study posted above has 6000 folks.

Not saying it works. Just interesting to see how when it’s something that makes them feel fuzzy about Trump being wrong numbers don’t matter.

But when data about the virus being more rampant that originally thought and lowering its death rate to near flu numbers, such as the LA county, Standford, Netherlands, and Boston story the same folks argue that we need more data

Last edited:
Yeah I have to post multiple links to prevent being called fake news.

Important to note, the links I posted are a study released more recently than the other link which was a survey form early April.

Ten Bears

WKR
I doubt that’s the reason.

The date of each study doesn’t really matter. The virus doesn’t care about that. I do know one has 6000 people and one has 368.

Neither study is obviously large enough. But it’s kinda gross to see people run with it if it fits their narrative.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have to post multiple links to prevent being called fake news.

Important to note, the links I posted are a study released more recently than the other link which was a survey form early April.

[/

Last edited:

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider

For some reason I trust the guys and gals who are more like myself doing independent journalism. (That isnt to say I am a journo but is to say more average folk like myself)

But I understand I'm not everyone and really anyone can "research" to write an article. Also understand that people can be paid to research in a selective way and paid to write the articles.

Anyways...its a beautiful day to be alive because the cost of oxygen is still free.

🎼Count your blessings, name them one by one🎼

You don't thin the date of a study related to a virus that we know very little about matters?

Obviously the more days go by the more cases docs will have a chance to treat, the more we know...

If you dig into the survey with 6000 docs, only about 2000 answered the question about what treatments they have used or seen used.

The other options listed include anti-HIV drugs, cough medications, "compassionate use of experimental drugs," Vitamin D, zinc tablets and "nothing." Among U.S. doctors, only 23 percent listed "Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine" — and the top answer, with 51 percent, was "nothing."

6000 people could very well be large enough. I’m sure the study publishes confidence intervals. “95% chance the true population ya da ya da.” It doesn’t take many samples from a large population to make meaningful conclusions (in this case, that there are tons of unreported cases and that the true death rate is much lower than advertised).

Ten Bears

WKR
in regards to both studies. the date is not that important. we are talking about the effects of a drug in studies weeks apart. the disease is the same, so is the drug. not that hard to grasp. the pool needs to be larger.

the guy above already posted an article about how your study isn't apples to apples.

but again I am not arguing the effects or merit of the drug because it's too early to know. need more data.

You don't thin the date of a study related to a virus that we know very little about matters?

Obviously the more days go by the more cases docs will have a chance to treat, the more we know...

If you dig into the survey with 6000 docs, only about 2000 answered the question about what treatments they have used or seen used.

The other options listed include anti-HIV drugs, cough medications, "compassionate use of experimental drugs," Vitamin D, zinc tablets and "nothing." Among U.S. doctors, only 23 percent listed "Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine" — and the top answer, with 51 percent, was "nothing."

Last edited:
in regards to studies both this new and in such small size the date is not that important. we are talking about the effects of a drug in studies weeks apart. the disease is the same, so is the drug. not that hard to grasp. the pool needs to be larger.

the guy above already posted an article about how your study isn't apples to apples.

but again I am not arguing the effects or merit of the drug because it's too early to know. need more data.
Agreed, both studies are flawed insome way or another.

PMcGee

WKR

Well over 2000 doctors disagree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Even further, the virus mutates. It has been reported 30 different mutations. Even if it isnt exactly 30, the point is it mutates. Man kind hasn't come up with a specific vaccine to be cured from the flu. It's why some people get the vaccine every year. They are trying to guess a strain it might be that year and come up with a vaccine for it. This is no different. Hydroxychloroquine may work for some but not all. And I'm a supporter of the hydroxy idea. Beyond the hydroxy which is man made, zinc being natural is a great all around preventative anyone can benefit from safely before getting sick.

jmez

WKR
The 30 mutation paper is highly flawed as well. First and foremost it was done in China, that alone raises huge red flags. It also has not been peer reviewed.

We should all ignore any data about covid-19 that is contrary to what the media says and use this precious time to think about our carbon footprint. Never mind that we have steadily been reducing ours as China has increased theirs and smothered all of Asia in a beautiful cloud of soupy pollution where you cannot see past 1000yds on a clear day in Seoul or Kobe. That would be to much of an effort for my comfortable self to protest. Let’s just focus on downgrading our own economy even further. I’m Helping! 😁

MattB

WKR
Facts about Covid19 - All Sourced.

Probably the best info I've found. Make your own conclusions. Just to be 100% transparent, this site is on the 'it's not as bad' side of the spectrum.

When I read a title that contains the word "facts" it reminds my of Democrats talking about "common sense gun legislation". Not to say I disagree with the overall thesis of the article, but considering my suspicion of the title I'll just say it didn't disappoint.

Last edited:
Regardless of which side of the political spectrum I believe we can all agree this is a complete and utter shitshow and it's embarrassing to watch unfold.
I think thats rather obvious when the Gov best line of defense is 14th century technology...

Status
Not open for further replies.