What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, you had me scratching my head. However, to your example, no one said everyone should get the same pay for different professions or levels of work. Reducing income inequality doesnt mean everyone gets the same pay. I dont know how you fix it but the wealth gap will prove to be a major issue at some point.
Maybe my example isn't the best analogy, but my point is, the more you give~the more you get. If you pay more tax, it makes sense that you get a bigger credit in circumstances like now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I did some back of the napkin calculations.

I considered the weekly JoCo # of test and # positive of sick people. Related that data to the recent % of asymptotic people who have it. Back calculated off old data how many people must have been sick. Assumed it takes two weeks to recover. Ya da ya da. I postulate that over 15% of my county has already had it, over 90,000 people. And 23 deaths. If the rest of the state is similar Kansas should get out with 750 deaths overall. The flu killed 1192 this season.

MattB

WKR
Did you ever think just a little bit longer on what you just posted? The rich people are rich because they save money (you just said that rich people usually do save extra money) and the low class never get rich because the spend it!
Now, how do know somebody's rich?
1. They have a lot of assets? Well, then they DID spend their money, and in the process, helped the economy!
2. You snooped into their bank account and saw they got $3M in there? Then quit being nosy and mind your own business.
3. Mabe your in the tax system somewhere... and a certain individual paid $100,000 in taxes, obviously they must be rich or they wouldn't be paying that much tax. (Some middle class folks who make between $40,000 and $50,000 a year pay that much in taxes some years, the middle class people pay almost all the tax anyhow, they must pay at least that much.)

You should also research who pays the majority of income taxes because you are way off. Filers who make $250K+ per year pay roughly half of total federal income taxes (49% per the attached link). Those folks aren't considered middle class in most of the US.

Please also explain how people who make $40-50K pay $100K in taxes. This should be even more entertaining.

Of the high net worth individuals I have worked with in my career (~$10MM+ in net worth), they generally became wealthy through a combination of high income or inheritance and successful investing - or being in the lucky sperm club and having inherited their wealth. None have gotten notably wealthy through saving.

You should also research who pays the majority of income taxes because you are way off. Filers who make $250K+ per year pay roughly half of total federal income taxes (49% per the attached link). Those folks aren't considered middle class in most of the US.

Please also explain how people who make $40-50K pay $100K in taxes. This should be even more entertaining.

Of the high net worth individuals I have worked with in my career (~$10MM+ in net worth), they generally became wealthy through a combination of high income or inheritance and successful investing - or being in the lucky sperm club and having inherited their wealth. None have gotten notably wealthy through saving.
Please read post #3278.

And then #3281.

I was poking at the folks who can't grasp why the large corporations get larger tax writoffs than middle class workers.

Saw a tiny Jake on the way home.. maybe tomorrow a Tom worth shooting.

Had a 3 bird day last Saturday, daughter shot her first bird ever at 6 years old (a Jake), 40 minutes later called in two Tom's and my 10 year old shot one and the other was nice enough to pause at 20 yards so I could stick him. . . All over the same setup!

Nebraska the land of plenty when it comes to turkeys

eamyrick

WKR
For folks with Kids at home: My 6 year old has to show proof of work in multiple subject. I refuse to let him sit behind a computer all day. I got him a $1 notebook and we are going to setup a trail camera at the local county park in an isolated area and record our methods using the scientific method. Area has a good number of turkey, deer, bobcat, and occasionally has a lion pass through. First pages are about where he thinks would be best to set up and what he thinks we will find. I’m just excited as him.

Hospital here is still empty. My 3 year old is going back to private school daycare on Monday. I’m not going to forgo his early education while liquor stores are still open.

The Stanford antibody test came out today and estimates that ~3% of Santa Clara County in CA was infected or ~40x the number of confirmed cases.

1833 confirmed cases

Study (linked above) estimates total cases at 44,000 to 81,000

The county had 69 deaths so far.

69 deaths are 0.09% of 81,000 or .16% of 44,000 so far. This will go up as more people will die.

So that's good, right?

Two U.S. companies — Premier Biotech of Minneapolis and Aytu Bioscience of Colorado — have been distributing the tests from unapproved Chinese manufacturers, according to health officials, FDA filings and a spokesman for one of the Chinese manufacturers. Many of the unapproved tests appear to have been shipped to the U.S. after the FDA relaxed its guidelines for tests in mid-March and before the Chinese government banned their export just over two weeks later.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

The Stanford antibody test came out today and estimates that ~3% of Santa Clara County in CA was infected or ~40x the number of confirmed cases.

1833 confirmed cases

Study (linked above) estimates total cases at 44,000 to 81,000

The county had 69 deaths so far.

69 deaths are 0.09% of 81,000 or .16% of 44,000 so far. This will go up as more people will die.

So that's good, right?

Just touching on the death rates part - NY #'s currently indicate 901 deaths per million residents or 0.09%. So basically for a 0.09% rate to be true in NY, everyone included in the population of NY would have had to be infected already. Thus, death rates mentioned from the Stanford study seem a little low?

Of course, the above is assuming the death count in NY is relatively accurate and not grossly inflated.

I’m outside of DC and still don’t know anyone with a diagnosed case. Friend in New Jersey has a wife who is a nurse and it’s pretty bad up there. I know people are dying somewhere but I still think a big part of this is political fuckery. It’s just not adding up.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Just touching on the death rates part - NY #'s currently indicate 901 deaths per million residents or 0.09%. So basically for a 0.09% rate to be true in NY, everyone included in the population of NY would have had to be infected already. Thus, death rates mentioned from the Stanford study seem a little low?

Of course, the above is assuming the death count in NY is relatively accurate and not grossly inflated.

I shouldn't have put those numbers as I'm sure there will be more deaths thus making the death rate higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.