What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
The Stanford antibody test came out today and estimates that ~3% of Santa Clara County in CA was infected or ~40x the number of confirmed cases.

1833 confirmed cases

Study (linked above) estimates total cases at 44,000 to 81,000

The county had 69 deaths.

69 deaths are 0.09% of 81,000 or .16% of 44,000

So that's good, right?

For humanity as a whole, yes it's good news that this thing isn't as deadly as being pushed. For those doing the narrative pushing, no it's not good news and needs to be buried to never be seen again.

The Stanford antibody test came out today and estimates that ~3% of Santa Clara County in CA was infected or ~40x the number of confirmed cases.

1833 confirmed cases

Study (linked above) estimates total cases at 44,000 to 81,000

The county had 69 deaths.

69 deaths are 0.09% of 81,000 or .16% of 44,000

So that's good, right?

It's just more information in the pool. Another estimate. People will grab on to it if it supports their view or ignore it if it doesn't. It's interesting to see people dismiss one estimate and latch on to another. Another county in a different part of the country could do the same study and get very different results. Many factors to consider.

PMcGee

WKR
Stating the fact that there is a growing weath gap is complaining? Interesting.

You’re taking my post the wrong way. The envy part wasn’t directed at him. I was talking about people that do complain. It wasn’t specific to that post. But like I said that wealth gap has always been here and always will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You’re taking my post the wrong way. The envy part wasn’t directed at him. I was talking about people that do complain. It wasn’t specific to that post. But like I said that wealth gap has always been here and always will.

I don't take issue with the gap, so much as the inequality of tax payments and tax cuts that allow the gap to get greater and greater. Meanwhile our deficit gets larger, the stock market balloons, and the middle class gets F'd.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

PMcGee

WKR
I don't take issue with the gap, so much as the inequality of tax payments and tax cuts that allow the gap to get greater and greater. Meanwhile our deficit gets larger, the stock market balloons, and the middle class gets F'd.

77d806bc1cf0695aca84d86a593cc3f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How are the rich not paying their fair share?

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How are the rich not paying their fair share?
Tax bracket does not end up being anywhere near actual paid tax %.

In its annual regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jeff Bezos' sprawling e-commerce empire said it paid $162 million in federal income taxes on $13.3 billion of U.S. pre-tax income, an effective tax rate of 1.2 percent. It deferred more than $914 million in taxes

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
It's just more information in the pool. Another estimate. People will grab on to it if it supports their view or ignore it if it doesn't. It's interesting to see people dismiss one estimate and latch on to another. Another county in a different part of the country could do the same study and get very different results. Many factors to consider.

I believe another one is taking place in CO. I think these types of studies should be top priority right now.

jmez

WKR

Partially true. The difference with this estimate is it has real, known numbers going in. All of the other "estimates" that are being used estimated numbers going in.

I don't think anyone is surprised that the total case numbers are being vastly underestimated. The degree is what we need to find out.

There is another study going on in Telluride, Co, it is referenced in this paper. If you click on the PDF preview from the link provided you can actually read the entire paper. Preliminary estimates from Telluride is just under 2% seropositive. They also reference two studies in Europe: Robbio, Italy, every resident tested, showed 10% seropositive. Gangelt, Germany, 14% seropositive.

You are going to get different results from different counties and different areas of the country. You can't take the numbers from this small sample and blanket apply them to the US. What the study, and the ones in Europe, do suggest is the the infection rate is far higher than what is being reported and the death rate is far lower than what is being reported. By what magnitude, don't know. Won't know until there is widespread antibody testing over the US.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
The experts evaluated the #'s and graphs back in January and said kung flu was no problem. Now they say something else....

Tax bracket does not end up being anywhere near actual paid tax %.

In its annual regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Jeff Bezos' sprawling e-commerce empire said it paid $162 million in federal income taxes on $13.3 billion of U.S. pre-tax income, an effective tax rate of 1.2 percent. It deferred more than $914 million in taxes

You cant compare personal incone tax rates to corp tax rates marginal or effictive..I am pretty sure Bezos has a few more resources, ie tax accounts, at his disposal than you or me..it makes sense he can get he corp taxes rates that low I am sure he has a entire division of tax atty and accountants.

Do you not take any deductions on your taxes?

You cant compare personal incone tax rates to corp tax rates marginal or effictive..I am pretty sure Bezos has a few more resources, ie tax accounts, at his disposal than you or me..it makes sense he can get he corp taxes rates that low I am sure he has a entire division of tax atty and accountants.

Do you not take any deductions on your taxes?
Certainly not enough to get my effective tax rate close to zero.

I hope you are wrong, and that covid-19 and this depression may be what we needed.

The 2017 tax cuts gave 83% of the benefit to the top 1%.

Cooperations used that to buy back stocks and inflated the stock market. Trickle down doesn't happen.

Now they need to be bailed out again and given even more tax cuts, while the low and middle class get a few crumbs.

This most recent tax break:
An 86 billion dollar tax break

16% to people making 100k-1 million.
82% to people making over 1 million

And the working class gets 2%

And for context -
"for those earning $1 million annually, a tax break buried in the recent coronavirus relief legislation is so generous that its total cost is more than total new funding for all hospitals in America and more than the total provided to all state and local governments."

Why are some of you guys bitching about the tax cuts for the big corporations?
If it was as simple as some simpletons make it out to be, sure, it'd be unfair. Some of you guys seem about as bright as a guy that came to the hardware store I worked at several times a week just for free coffee and to run his trap. He quit working in the beginning of June of '18. Then, after his 2018 tax return, he said Trump was cheating Americans etc. etc. because he didn't get as big of a refund. When we told him that it was because he only worked half a year, and only paid half as much tax in, he said "But that shouldn't make any difference! "
However, big corporations employ scores of millions of Americans. Sure, let's tax them through the roof. Think of all the money the gov. could get! But, to make up for that extra 82 billion in taxes, they are gonna have to fire 1,640,000 people at $50,000 a year. Say half the extra taxes come out of net profit, (if they have that), that's still 820,000 low-mid class workers that would get laid of. With less net profit, investments will need to be hacked. With less investment, net profit will decrease. See the circle? Yes, it would be a wonderful idea to bite the hand that feeds us.

Before coronavirus crashed the economy; (and yes, it would have crashed under the same circumstances, under Bush or Clinton or Biden or Obama or Cuomo or Pelosi or whoever you wanna put in there)
Before coronavirus...
1. Unemployment was lowest ever since most of you RS crowd was born.

2. Disposable income in the average American household was higher than it had been for decades.

3. Stock market set lots of records that previous presidents only dreamed of.

Now that coronavirus has crashed the economy, you blame the one that made it good in the first pkace. If he could create a good economy once, I'm sure he could do it again. And it probably won't take 8 years to get it to mediocre!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I believe another one is taking place in CO. I think these types of studies should be top priority right now.

Johnson County Kansas just released results of random sampling test of asymptomatic people: 3.8% positive

Not sure if this is public info yet but probably gets released later today.

826bdf0e391b6aded622946ed5bdc7a7.jpg

Laramie

WKR
So businesses shouldn't have a rainy day fund to help ensure they can employ people in the event of an emergency, you know, like Covid-19? Would you rather work for a company that survived month to month or one with great financial stability that could weather any storm? Seriously this isn't complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.