What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING....No, not embarrassed or any "stomping". It is called a discussion. They are an important part of the equation.

We will agree to disagree. As stated by others, this thread has run its course and has become more than a bit worn.

Everyone stay safe and sane.
If it's a discussion, I would really like to hear some ideas! Are the differences between H1N1 and COVID-19 as big as the difference in response? Or is the media playing whatever song fits their wim? Some of y'all were pretty adamant that Trump wasn't doing enough, and I wondered what ya though about Obama/H1N1?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Ok so how did it get from the bat cave if was first discovered in, a completely different providence than Whuhan, to Whuhan with out any inflections along the way?

I dont they created it but lack of safety protocols at WIR is well documented. WIR has been researching cornaviruses for at least 10 yrs...
Intermediary hosts.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
It's gonna be a while.....

A look at the guidelines:

— BEFORE PHASE ONE: What states or regions must do before proceeding to a phased opening of their economies:

Among the boxes that must be checked are a downward trajectory of documented COVID-19 cases within a 14-day period and a robust testing program in place for at-risk health care workers. Other criteria include a downward trajectory of influenza-like illnesses reported within a 14-day period and hospitals having enough protective gear for their workers and enough beds, ventilators and other needed supplies to treat all patients.

jmez

WKR
Most of the country has been on a downward trajectory for a week. Flu like illnesses also start downward by first of April.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Kansas has not that many confirmed cases but on 4/9 we had 1,106.
Seven days later we have 1,588.

How is that a downward trajectory? I see new cases going up all over the country....and a lot of places are weeks behind the real hot spots....

jmez

WKR
Didn't say all. SD is going up as well. Cases for the country have been coming down. We're on the backside. They will all start falling.

I can say that the economic impact is really starting to hit the middle class and upper middle class and it is definitely adjusting some attitudes. My mother who is a raging far left liberal suffering from a severe case of TDS had a whole different attitude yesterday evening on the phone. She’s a retired Nurse Practitioner and Attorney. My step sister is a nurse practitioner and her husband is a radiology technician running MRI machines. They’re now both laid off and many of their friends are too. Attorneys, doctors , nurses , and all sorts of professionals are starting to feel the impact of the shutdown. Suddenly they’re not all so worried about the Chinese virus and TDS. Suddenly they’re worried about mortgages and when the economy is going to open back up. Funny , when your neighbor loses their job it’s a recession but when you lose your job it’s a depression. A lot of people who were all for shutting everything down and blaming Trump are now all about opening things up and Trump is right to talk about it.
For anyone who has time to read, although the one is pretty long, it's also from 2009 but totally relevant.

Republicans have been taking from the lower and middle class for a while. I am open to arguments otherwise.

Read these articles and then change my mind?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Ten Bears

WKR
For anyone who has time to read, although the one is pretty long, it's also from 2009 but totally relevant.

Republicans have been taking from the lower and middle class for a while. I am open to arguments otherwise.

maybe read who wrote and owns that site. perhaps it’s got some slant and bias to it ?

the fact that someone quoted an article from commondreams.org on this site is really funny.

Last edited:

Obviously, a person with $1billion business is gonna lose more than the guy with $20,000 invested in lawn care in an economic crash. $2,000 might save the lawn care, but the airline is gonna need $100 million. Can you grasp that?

The old article doesn't say anything about Obama racking up 9 trillion in 8 years, just short of doubling it.

If this Republican theory of operating taxes is such a BS plan, do you care to explain why the US economy reached its best ever under Trump, before coronavirus? Lowest unemployment for decades?

IF there was a national health care system, all health care paid, and IF this corona thing is so bad, just think of happily paying a massive tax increase in 2021. And all the rich guys couldn't invest their money because they need to pay taxes, hiring would decrease, so the unemployment would rise, and then the government needs to pay for unemployment, so increase taxes again....

Yes I know that's oversimplified, but you see how it works? Or doesn't work.

Wheather or not they admit it, millions of lower class and middle class unemployed people in 2016 owe their jobs to Trump.

Obviously, a person with $1billion business is gonna lose more than the guy with $20,000 invested in lawn care in an economic crash. $2,000 might save the lawn care, but the airline is gonna need $100 million. Can you grasp that?

The old article doesn't say anything about Obama racking up 9 trillion in 8 years, just short of doubling it.

If this Republican theory of operating taxes is such a BS plan, do you care to explain why the US economy reached its best ever under Trump, before coronavirus? Lowest unemployment for decades?

IF there was a national health care system, all health care paid, and IF this corona thing is so bad, just think of happily paying a massive tax increase in 2021. And all the rich guys couldn't invest their money because they need to pay taxes, hiring would decrease, so the unemployment would rise, and then the government needs to pay for unemployment, so increase taxes again....

Yes I know that's oversimplified, but you see how it works? Or doesn't work.

Wheather or not they admit it, millions of lower class and middle class unemployed people in 2016 owe their jobs to Trump.

Good ol' trickle down theory huh? I think before this happened, there were plenty of indications the economy was akin to a 6 year old who chomped down too many pixie sticks and was wayyyy too hyper for bed.

This is what we know about COVID19

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

Good ol' trickle down theory huh? I think before this happened, there were plenty of indications the economy was akin to a 6 year old who chomped down too many pixie sticks and was wayyyy too hyper for bed.
Are you saying the 6 yearold ate the pixie sticks in 2016?

S.Clancy

WKR
The WHO was and is helping the Chinese cover up the source. The Chinese may or may not have been developing biological weapons and it may never be known exactly how this virus came about but there’s no doubt about how it was intentionally allowed to spread around the world. While China was locking down internal travel from Wuhan they were lying to the world that there wasn’t human to human transmission and allowing international travel in and out of Wuhan. The Chinese are responsible for the world wide pandemic 100%.
I agree they're responsible, but probably out of stupidity and negligence instead of maleficence.

S.Clancy

WKR
Kansas has not that many confirmed cases but on 4/9 we had 1,106.
Seven days later we have 1,588.

How is that a downward trajectory? I see new cases going up all over the country....and a lot of places are weeks behind the real hot spots....
I think he's refering to the instantaneous rate of change of infections. A decrease in trajectory would mean going from 30 a day to 20 a day.

MattB

WKR

The rich are economically benefitting from the lower economic classes, it isnt a matter of republican or democrat. See Mike Bloomberg, or any CEO of a CA tech company.

As a fiscal conservative and registered republican, I believe the continued shift in wealth - call it unbridled capitalism - will be the undoing of America.

Last edited:
OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
A pot as big as the kung flu global pandemic shutdown need a good 250 hp outboard motor to stir it......

Status
Not open for further replies.