What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my rant yesterday. I was venting. It was borne out of frustration, fear, lack of resources, and stress. Where i live in northern MI we have very little cases. Our hospital has been sending some of us nurses to Detroit and it is bad. I have coleagues that are very sick, some are just at home, some are hospitalized, some are on vents, 1 doc just died. 1 of our nurses just spent a month in icu. It is (maybe) starting to slow a little in our hotspots but is creeping north slowly. My post was pretty bad and I probably shouldn't have wrote it but I won't change it.

On a better note I managed to go land a few steelhead today.

The WHO will definitely need a review, reassessment, etc. but during the pandemic Trump chooses to withhold funding....how is that a good idea? This is a global challenge, not some MAGA rally.

I dont know if you noticed but we are hemorrhaging money due to wuflu to take care of AMERICANS. The WHO left us out in cold on this one and until we get stuff right here at home we should cut off all forgien aid.
We continually year after year send money overseas to whoever asks..Including funding the damn lab in Whuhan that spread this stuff. Look it up WIV is approx 20 miles from the supposed "wet market" were it started...If you think that's a coincidence we got bigger problems than funding the WHO, WTO, and UN.

Jauwater

WKR
..Including funding the damn lab in Whuhan that spread this stuff. Look it up WIV is approx 20 miles from the supposed "wet market" were it started....

Now I knew I heard about this and I was wanting to mention it but, for the life of me I couldn't remember where I heard / read it. Do you happen to know if they mentioned when that funding started for that lab in Wuhan? I've been researching this, because I swear I heard it said, but I'm curious if you heard the same. This is why I'm asking first.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Now I knew I heard about this and I was wanting to mention it but, for the life of me I couldn't remember where I heard / read it. Do you happen to know if they mentioned when that funding started for that lab in Wuhan? I've been researching this, because I swear I heard it said, but I'm curious if you heard the same. This is why I'm asking first.

Not a great source but a start.

If Trump had even an ounce of empathy and/or a responsible bone in his body perhaps the way others treat him would be different. Poor Trump has been victimized his whole presidency...
Your attempt at sarcasm is probably closer to truth than what you dare to admit. Trump has made many mistakes, but so has every other president. It is very obvious that the left wing media DOES attack the man round the clock, hence his rude counterattacks. They deserve it. They care little to zero about the common people, they just want to follow their own agenda.
It is also true that the right wing media supports Trump and takes things the other way. But at least they aren't digging up old statements and applying them to today.

Just some food for thought.
A new flu hits after the end of flu season (there's no rampant spread and school is over). An existing vaccine works against the virus, and is available in large quantities within 8 months. But over 12,000 people die in the US. 1/3 of people over 65 had antibodies from a similar strain from years before, so up to 80% of deaths are people YOUNGER than 65. Oved 1,200 CHILDREN died from H1N1, many of them WITHOUT preexisting health issues.

Obama declared a national health emergency with 20 cases in the US. He declared a national emergency 6 months later after 1,000+ deaths.
7.65 billion was directed to help with the pandemic. Nothing was shut down.

Trump declared a national health emergency with 6 cases in the US. He declared a national emergency one month later with 2 deaths in the US. An $8 billion bill was passed followed by $100 billion. After that came a package for $2.2 TRILLION. Trump shut down travel to China, while the media blamed him as "racist". He also deployed the Defense Production Act. Then he stopped international travel, and shut down the US.

Yet somehow, the Obama administration handled H1N1 perfectly, but Trump failed miserably and didn't do enough and what he did do was too late.

Any of y'all care to explain this paradox to us?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I see somebody beat me to it.

Where is Shi Zhengli...10yrs of published papers on coronavirus and Pandemic breaks out near her lab and she is MIA?

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
It just seems impossible to me that the world has shut down over a virus that has a 2ish% death rate.

Obviously China completely under reported their cases and death number which leads to the obvious that the US is doing the same to not look bad in comparison to China. Of course Russia will follow that as well.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but this virus has to be worse than it being let on. That's probably for the best as the general population would REALLY go nuts then. TP wouldn't be the only problem. It's just a weird situation.

Jauwater

WKR
I see somebody beat me to it.

Where is Shi Zhengli...10yrs of published papers on coronavirus and Pandemic breaks out near her lab and she is MIA?
I just remember them saying something about US funding for that lab starting some time between 09-13. I just remember giggling thinking how ironic is it that Trump is taking the heat for this, if that is true. Anyway I just remember hearing that, and having that reaction and was curious if you happened to hear or read the same thing. I just cant find that printed anywhere so I'm assuming I heard it said somewhere. Cant find any info on that specifically.

If Trump had even an ounce of empathy and/or a responsible bone in his body perhaps the way others treat him would be different. Poor Trump has been victimized his whole presidency...
Your attempt at sarcasm is probably closer to truth than what you dare to admit. Trump has made many mistakes, but so has every other president. It is very obvious that the left wing media DOES attack the man round the clock, hence his rude counterattacks. They deserve it. They care little to zero about the common people, they just want to follow their own agenda.
It is also true that the right wing media supports Trump and takes things the other way. But at least they aren't digging up old statements and applying them to today.

Just some food for thought.
A new flu hits after the end of flu season (there's no rampant spread and school is over). An existing vaccine works against the virus, and is available in large quantities within 8 months. But over 12,000 people die in the US. 1/3 of people over 65 had antibodies from a similar strain from years before, so up to 80% of deaths are people YOUNGER than 65. Oved 1,200 CHILDREN died from H1N1, many of them WITHOUT preexisting health issues.

Obama declared a national health emergency with 20 cases in the US. He declared a national emergency 6 months later after 1,000+ deaths.
7.65 billion was directed to help with the pandemic. Nothing was shut down.

Trump declared a national health emergency with 6 cases in the US. He declared a national emergency one month later with 2 deaths in the US. An $8 billion bill was passed followed by $100 billion. After that came a package for $2.2 TRILLION. Trump shut down travel to China, while the media blamed him as "racist". He also deployed the Defense Production Act. Then he stopped international travel, and shut down the US.

Yet somehow, the Obama administration handled H1N1 perfectly, but Trump failed miserably and didn't do enough and what he did do was too late.

Any of y'all care to explain this paradox to us?

Perhaps blueyceman or THBZN or some of y'all other Trump haters? It's a bit confusing to me.
WARNING: I take silence as an admission to being stomped or just too embarrassed.

I believe they have ruled out the wet market as the starting place.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Who is they?

Where do you get your news?

Again, if your going to make very bold statements, it would help us all to see some sources. With so much bad info spreading around, it would be helpful.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Internet communication. Was more of a question than statement. I've read so many articles the last month. I recall one that said they had identified patient 0 in China and she had never visited the wet market in question. Read one yesterday that said the wet market in question does not sell bats.

Internet communication. Was more of a question than statement. I've read so many articles the last month. I recall one that said they had identified patient 0 in China and she had never visited the wet market in question. Read one yesterday that said the wet market in question does not sell bats.

How could you identify patient zero of a virus that is transmitable by asymptomatic carriers for 14 days, maybe longer, in a city of 12 million people?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

cmahoney

WKR

No bats? What a crap wet market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewade07

WKR
This thread has about ran it's course. Seems the information exchanging is definitely decreasing and chest pounding increasing.

I think it ran its course about 20 pages ago. All we hear now is the same nonsense in a regurgitated state.

Status
Not open for further replies.