Viht N560 & 7 PRC

Anyone have any experience with N560 in 7 PRC with 168 - 180gr bullets? More specifically, down a 22" barrel and suppressed.
Gun is on order with an expected arrival date in July, so I have just a bit more time to think things through. Powders being hard to come by and increasing in price, I'd like to be selective on my decisions.. At this point, it is my only magnum cartridge rifle, so I have no powders other than 8lbs of N560 for it at this point. I'm thinking a faster burning magnum powder like N560 would be most appropriate for the 22" barrel. Am also considering 4831SC- would that be better suited for 18 & 20" barrels, you think?
Thanks!

I’m having a 20 inch 7PRC built that will have a suppressor also. From what I’ve seen on some of the forums it sounds like H1000 works well. And some people are having good results with N570.

I’m having a 20 inch 7PRC built that will have a suppressor also. From what I’ve seen on some of the forums it sounds like H1000 works well. And some people are having good results with N570.
Thanks. H1000 sounds like a great powder. my hesitancy with it is, it's slower burn rate and the 22" barrel. I could be way off base, but I'm thinking H1000 might be best for 24" and longer barrels in terms of 100% burn before reaching the end of the barrel.

@Shooter Mike I’ve been postulating the same question. I’ve got a 20” 7PRC and am looking to optimize the powder burn for the rifle. I ran it thru GRT to get an idea and it appears to be a viable option, however I’m hesitant to make that jump since I have H1000 and Staball HD in the cabinet.

@Shooter Mike I’ve been postulating the same question. I’ve got a 20” 7PRC and am looking to optimize the powder burn for the rifle. I ran it thru GRT to get an idea and it appears to be a viable option, however I’m hesitant to make that jump since I have H1000 and Staball HD in the cabinet.

Thanks. I need to figure out how to get GRT running on my Mac. I wish it was web based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back