Will you take the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 159 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 163 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of irony, what’s ironic is how all the pro-lifers get their panties in a wad over welfare. Well guess what happens when a mom is raped and doesn’t want to have a kid but must because abortion is illegal, and the kid grows up with a horrific home life, without mentors or positive role models? I’ll let your brain do the rest of the thinking on that one. If you’re pro-life you gotta be pro welfare.

Troutnut

FNG
I’ll take the 99%+ mortality rate over a vaccine. If people want to take a vaccine, who am I to tell them no? I live in the land of the free and I will choose to not take one. After all, if it does work, those that are scared of the virus will be protected. If it doesn’t, then they’ll just have to deal with the effects of the vaccine on their body.
"I live in the land of the free and I will choose to drive drunk."
"I live in the land of the free and I will choose not to be sure of my target before I shoot."

Freedom gives you choices. It doesn't let you off the hook for making irresponsible choices, especially when they're putting other peoples' lives needlessly at risk.

It's not about anyone being "scared of the virus," as if people wearing masks and getting vaccinated are less tough than anyone else. It's just the smart, responsible thing to do. Many of us are in demographic groups with low death rates ourselves, but this virus is killing plenty of people you'd never expect it to, and you have no way to know whether your genetics predispose you to be one of the unlucky few whose immune system responds to this specific pathogen in the wrong way. There are also many relatively healthy people who've had long-lasting (possibly chronic) respiratory problems after getting over the main Covid symptoms, and those could be really bad news for a mountain hunter. Just as importantly, even if you catch it with no symptoms or only experience it as a minor cold, you could easily spread it without realizing to somebody else who's vulnerable, or whose family is vulnerable.

There are people who can't get vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons, and they deserve the protection that comes from everybody else being vaccinated and knocking the virus down to almost nothing. The vaccines also don't perfectly protect those who get them. This is true for vaccines for measles, polio, and everything else. The best Covid vaccines just make people about 20X less likely to get sick. If you're vaccinated in a room full of unvaccinated people and Covid is still raging, you're not especially safe. If you're vaccinated and so are 90 % of the other people in the room, then you're probably all safe. It's a group effort to build that herd immunity through vaccination. The faster the vast majority of us are vaccinated, the faster we can all safely get back to normal travel, normal gatherings, normal jobs, etc.

If you aren't willing to do something so simple and easy for the good of our country, you're not really treating the land of the free with proper respect.

"I live in the land of the free and I will choose to drive drunk."
"I live in the land of the free and I will choose not to be sure of my target before I shoot."

Freedom gives you choices. It doesn't let you off the hook for making irresponsible choices, especially when they're putting other peoples' lives needlessly at risk.

It's not about anyone being "scared of the virus," as if people wearing masks and getting vaccinated are less tough than anyone else. It's just the smart, responsible thing to do. Many of us are in demographic groups with low death rates ourselves, but this virus is killing plenty of people you'd never expect it to, and you have no way to know whether your genetics predispose you to be one of the unlucky few whose immune system responds to this specific pathogen in the wrong way. There are also many relatively healthy people who've had long-lasting (possibly chronic) respiratory problems after getting over the main Covid symptoms, and those could be really bad news for a mountain hunter. Just as importantly, even if you catch it with no symptoms or only experience it as a minor cold, you could easily spread it without realizing to somebody else who's vulnerable, or whose family is vulnerable.

There are people who can't get vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons, and they deserve the protection that comes from everybody else being vaccinated and knocking the virus down to almost nothing. The vaccines also don't perfectly protect those who get them. This is true for vaccines for measles, polio, and everything else. The best Covid vaccines just make people about 20X less likely to get sick. If you're vaccinated in a room full of unvaccinated people and Covid is still raging, you're not especially safe. If you're vaccinated and so are 90 % of the other people in the room, then you're probably all safe. It's a group effort to build that herd immunity through vaccination. The faster the vast majority of us are vaccinated, the faster we can all safely get back to normal travel, normal gatherings, normal jobs, etc.

If you aren't willing to do something so simple and easy for the good of our country, you're not really treating the land of the free with proper respect.

Saying that not getting a vaccine is equivalent to drinking and driving and shooting a gun without regard for the path of the bullet is somehow comparable to not getting a vaccine is ludicrous.

That’s like saying anyone who has passed the flu on to someone else and that person died is more at fault than someone who got the flu vaccine but did the same thing.

Not getting a vaccine doesn’t make me irresponsible, it’s me choosing what is best for me.

Are you going to say those who do not get vaccinated due to their religious beliefs are irresponsible?

I just don’t get how people justify trying to mandate what others do with their life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one deserves to be killed by it. How about the flu and pneumonia?
My point was it isn’t less than 1% death rate. It’s around 2.5%. People that quote 1% or less are not including older people. This ain’t the flu

Last year 38 million people got the flu. 22,000 people died.

At 2.5%, if 38 mil people get this thing, 950,000 people could die. And yes, most will be older Americans. Parents, grandparents that would have had many more years.

Any way you smoke it, I want this D%mn virus to be over

Status
Not open for further replies.