Will you take the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 159 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 163 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep saying 1% death rate. Show me the numbers, because I can only get about 2.5% if we include everyone, which we should. Old people deserve to not be killed by this thing.

What liberty are you given up by getting a vaccine? Lmao a little dramatic

Not being able to go to a workplace, or go to a store,because I didn’t get a covid vaccine? What else will be mandated? Will it stop at vaccines? Give an inch and people will take a mile. Like I said plenty of times, if you want to partake in this vaccine, go right on ahead. If you feel protected by it, then why care if others are not vaccinated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

He did, but he would likely be pretty pro-vaccine today given that he was pro-smallpox inoculation.
What about the Spanish flu, 100 years ago?
That’s a fair point, but there’s quite a bit of research that suggests that it was only WWI that allowed Spanish Flu to spread as well as it did, and it either faded out or mutated to be less deadly once it lost its huge reservoir of immunocompromised soldiers living in trenches. That strain of flu still exists today but has never caused such a severe outbreak since then, despite nobody having immunity to it anymore.

Haney

FNG
Yes, murdered. Specifically, it's depraved indifference murder, although it's happening too often for anyone to get around to prosecuting all the offenders, and it's too hard to prove individual cases. The specific definition varies by state, but in general it's that "defendants commit an act even though they know their act runs an unusually high risk of causing death or serious bodily harm to a person. If the risk of death or bodily harm is great enough, ignoring it demonstrates a "depraved indifference" to human life."

Hundreds of thousands of Americans who are now dead would still be alive if everyone had followed what the science says we should be doing: minimize public interactions in enclosed spaces, keep your distance from other people in public as much as you can, and wear high-quality masks correctly for any closeup social interactions with people outside your immediate household. Soon, getting vaccinated will be at the top of the list of common-sense obligations for everyone who cares about their country or the people in it. Reckless people who flaunt all these precautions and end up spreading the virus to somebody who dies are personally responsible for those deaths. They're every bit as responsible, and almost as stupid, as hunters who shoot at anything that moves and end up killing a person.

As for "getting a grip," I had a very close relative who could barely walk and barely breathe for two weeks, after being incredibly careful and catching the virus anyway due to somebody else's recklessness. I take this personally. It was awful for me worrying about them, way more awful for them to go through, and still we were the lucky ones. Millions of other Americans have similar stories that ended in a lonely death and a funeral nobody could safely attend. And this is all so completely preventable. Again, we're looking at deaths approaching a hundred 9/11s, and we still have some people who claim to be patriots doing the equivalent of standing on the towers with glowing orange batons waving the jets in to their target.

Also, as a Ph.D. biologist, I look at the arguments people make for ignoring Covid precautions and want to throw up. The dumbest people in our society are all suddenly armchair epidemiologists who know more than all the experts in the field because they saw a video on Facebook with spooky music.
Well said right there, thank you ! Also, glad your relative made it through OK . I wish we had more smart people on this planet like you , instead of all the knuckle draggers trying to kill us with their ignorance about what covid is really doing .

Billinsd

WKR
People keep saying 1% death rate. Show me the numbers, because I can only get about 2.5% if we include everyone, which we should. Old people deserve to not be killed by this thing.
No one deserves to be killed by it. How about the flu and pneumonia?

Haney

FNG
I’ll take the 99%+ mortality rate over a vaccine. If people want to take a vaccine, who am I to tell them no? I live in the land of the free and I will choose to not take one. After all, if it does work, those that are scared of the virus will be protected. If it doesn’t, then they’ll just have to deal with the effects of the vaccine on their body.
Its your choice, but i hope you keep your dumb ass at home.

Haney

FNG
People like you who disagree with someone else’s point of view, ALWAYS result in attacking the other person. Thanks for fitting the stereotype.

People like you deserve to be called out for the ignorant fool you are.

fwafwow

WKR
Not being able to go to a workplace, or go to a store,because I didn’t get a covid vaccine? What else will be mandated? Will it stop at vaccines? Give an inch and people will take a mile. Like I said plenty of times, if you want to partake in this vaccine, go right on ahead. If you feel protected by it, then why care if others are not vaccinated?

Much like someone is free not to take a vaccine, store owners and employers are often (not always) able to choose who is a customer or employee - and can often impose rules that you and I don’t like. I have a CCW but a store owner is able to prohibit me from entering their private property if I’m carrying, and my employer is allowed to prohibit me from bringing my gun to the office. I disagree with their stances, and sometimes choose not to shop at those stores, but it is their right. And I believe they should also be able to set the same restrictions based on the vaccine.

I gotta say, some of these posts really crack me up, both pro and anti. After much research and contemplation on my end, I will be getting it (the vaccine that is), and possibly as early as next week. Call me what you will, a sheep, a chicken, or whatever (although I prefer to be called a goat, simply because I have a ton of respect for those critters), but regardless, I’ll be taking care of the less fortunate that end up in my ICU from this shitty disease. Fingers crossed, this vaccine helps to keep both me and my family safe.

I gotta say, some of these posts really crack me up, both pro and anti. After much research and contemplation on my end, I will be getting it (the vaccine that is), and possibly as early as next week. Call me what you will, a sheep, a chicken, or whatever (although I prefer to be called a goat, simply because I have a ton of respect for those critters), but regardless, I’ll be taking care of the less fortunate that end up in my ICU from this shitty disease. Fingers crossed, this vaccine helps to keep both me and my family safe.

Gotta so what’s best for you.

MattB

WKR
I’ll take the 99%+ mortality rate over a vaccine. If people want to take a vaccine, who am I to tell them no? I live in the land of the free and I will choose to not take one. After all, if it does work, those that are scared of the virus will be protected. If it doesn’t, then they’ll just have to deal with the effects of the vaccine on their body.
Do you mean a 99%+ survival rate? I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.