USPS lost my package

They lost a very important package and I knew better than not buy Innsurance.
I have shipped 500 packages I bet in 20 years.
Just in the last year have I had issue with three claims.
They paid only one and all were a hassle.
I have called and tried everything but haven’t filed a claim yet as im afraid they may just pay the 100 this time and not worry about finding it.
It was 2 day delivery at a destination 4 hrs away.
Been 17 days.
Anyone with any advise that works with these slugs.

Bug the ever loving shit out of them. Get online and follow all the bullshit hoops you have to jump through or they will literally blow you off as I’m sure you know. They lost a barrel blank of mine for almost a month and it magically appeared and made it to its destination some how. I can’t stand the United States Package Stealers but sometimes they can’t be avoided.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
See that's the issue. By the time you insure every package you could have the money to replace the one shipment item that may get lost. It's such a scam. I save insurance purchase for only very high ticket items these days, and even then, getting any of these shipping companies to pay you is a nightmare. Plus most of them put a "cap" on the value now. When I ship a $100,000 system for work out to customer, I cringe at the thought of them losing it...

tony

WKR
I am at work with a girl right now, her spouse is a postal worker. Let me see what she can find out.

Not being a dick, if it was 4 hours away why not drive or meet halfway?

The insurance is a damn joke. So far I have been lucky, so far.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I have had more issues with USPS in the last 3-4 years than in all of my previous life. It's starting to get irritating. We have a lock box setup for the neighborhood that USPS installed and I will put nothing in the send mail box. Way too many problems recently.

Last edited:

KsRancher

WKR
I will not ship with USPS anymore. UPS or FedEx is the way to go. You can pay for 2 day shipping thru USPS and when that package hits Wichita, Ks that sucker will set there for over a week. It's infuriating.

OP
C
Just life,kids etc.
Who would think something can get lost in a 4 hr trip.
Its in Tulsa or Kansas City with a destination of smithville mo.
Shows Kansas but I have heard it’s not.Those we’re fake generated scans and it looks like the last real scan was in Tulsa.

Denver USPS stole my $975 proof prefit that I was swapping with a company. I still get sick thinking about it.

Q child

WKR
Oh jeez. I am pretty sure that every single package that I have ever sent or received with USPS has reached it's destination, but sometimes way later than expected. I'd agree with the above advice that it is probably best to be persistent in hassling them. Find anyone who will talk to you and reach out to them every couple of days.
I'm surprised that people prefer UPS and Fedex. Where I live it is no contest, USPS is by far the most reliable with the best service. It's not even close.

Just life,kids etc.
Who would think something can get lost in a 4 hr trip.
Its in Tulsa or Kansas City with a destination of smithville mo.
Shows Kansas but I have heard it’s not.Those we’re fake generated scans and it looks like the last real scan was in Tulsa.
The way USPS shipping routes work doesn't make sense to me but even shipping a short distance on paper can turn into a much longer journey for packages. I live in southern colorado and if I ship something to Moab just a few hours away it goes northeast in the opposite direction about 200 miles either to Colorado Springs or Denver first. In my mind the package should only change hands once going point A to point B but in reality it probably changes hands 5 times or more before reaching its destination.

dan33

FNG
I've seen some awful stupid shit from them. When I was up in NY I ordered something that got to Syracuse then went to Indiana then to utica. Most recently I was getting knives shipped to Tennessee from Alabama. They went through tn stopped in Kentucky, then to Cincinnati, left Cincinnati, back to Cincinnati then got it a week late

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy of mine bought a reasonably expensive gun off gunbroker in January from a reputable seller in northern IL somewhere. A week goes by....no gun, no updates on the tracking number. He bugs the seller every other day, they both bother the usps. 6 weeks later law enforcement gets involved and finds 7 of the seller's guns at a usps warehouse in St. Louis. Took him nearly 2 months but he finally got it. As others have said, FedEx and ups seem better.

OP
C
The way USPS shipping routes work doesn't make sense to me but even shipping a short distance on paper can turn into a much longer journey for packages. I live in southern colorado and if I ship something to Moab just a few hours away it goes northeast in the opposite direction about 200 miles either to Colorado Springs or Denver first. In my mind the package should only change hands once going point A to point B but in reality it probably changes hands 5 times or more before reaching its destination.
I get that but it left and went 35 minutes away and supposedly still there even though it says it’s 4 hrs away near the destination.
It’s sitting somewhere in a 4ft Gaylord container that hasn’t moved,at least that’s what one postal worker thinks.

Cynoscion

WKR
I’m still missing a paycheck that never showed up from 2002. Another check got lost on its way to me in May of this year. It showed up about 2 weeks ago. USPS is super random and annoying but what do we expect from a government run business, efficiency? 🤣

ODB

WKR
Only advice is to keep at it, file the missing item, supply tracking, call the PO etc, etc...

I sent a package from Boise to a friend in Maun, Botswana once in November of 2006 - it never arrived. The next year in May, after I had moved to Seattle, I got a notice of a package in the mail. I went to the post office and there was the package I sent to Botswana from Boise. It had been to Africa and come back to Boise then forwarded to Seattle with a note of "insufficient address." The address was a PO box, was clearly marked, and it was for one of, if not THE, most well-known person in Maun, who had lived there since the 60s.

Impossible to figure out the USPS (or African mail service) sometimes...

Maki35

WKR
Hopefully it will show up soon.
Recently I ordered something and watch (via tracking#) my package arrive at my local post office one day and then scan at another location (further away) the next day. This went on for two days before it finally showed up on my doorstep.