USPS lost my package

These are the same people that set your package in the snow tire track against the garage door. You learn to pay attention when backing into the garage.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I've had 2 guns go missing with USPS but never anything else that I can think of.

I suspect something goes on behind the scenes:
- theft...the thief would be a scanner operator of some sort and assumes its illegal and that no one will come looking for it if it goes missing and sets it aside to wait a couple months to see if anyone comes looking for it before they move it out of the facility
- someone scanned it and assumed the item is illegal and is trying to over-help their employer as a do-gooder.

The first gun was never found. It was shipped around Christmas time, probably 15 years ago or so, I assume stolen by a temporary holiday employee.

The other gun was found. I screwed around with tracking and local people and even the head of the post office where it was destined to go. The postmaster there poked around and couldn't find it even after making some calls, etc. I filed a claim with the postal inspector for theft within their system and it magically made it to its destination within a few days of getting them involved.

I get that but it left and went 35 minutes away and supposedly still there even though it says it’s 4 hrs away near the destination.
It’s sitting somewhere in a 4ft Gaylord container that hasn’t moved,at least that’s what one postal worker thinks.
That does sound strange.

Would putting an air tag in an important package do any good? I suppose you would have to get law enforcement involved in the retrieval which would also be a PITA.

Marble

WKR
I'm currently waiting for my wife's wedding ring to be located. Approximate value of $15-$20k. This is a UPS loss...ensured by the jewler through a particular company that deals in insuring jewelery and precious metals. Apparently, it went somewhere in the south and was shipped just prior to the hurricane coming through there a few weeks ago.

Still in the wait and see period. Pretty frustrating. Wife is not happy...

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

MtnW

WKR
I decided to get a separate firearm/optics insurance policy. I ship some expensive firearms occasionally and I have found my firearms policy pays for itself some years in not having to purchase shipping insurance from the carrier. USPS has not lost a shipment of mine. UPS has done some stupid stuff like leaving a pair of shotguns at a dealers door over the weekend up in CT. I ship to OK frequently and USPS 3 day priority takes 7-13 days. I just shipped A 48lb package to Alaska, package delivered to USPS on Monday on Thursday the dealer received the shipment.

KsRancher

WKR
I decided to get a separate firearm/optics insurance policy. I ship some expensive firearms occasionally and I have found my firearms policy pays for itself some years in not having to purchase shipping insurance from the carrier. USPS has not lost a shipment of mine. UPS has done some stupid stuff like leaving a pair of shotguns at a dealers door over the weekend up in CT. I ship to OK frequently and USPS 3 day priority takes 7-13 days. I just shipped A 48lb package to Alaska, package delivered to USPS on Monday on Thursday the dealer received the shipment.
That frost my undershorts. They won't even reimburse you uncharge amount from the 3 day priority

OP
C
Ita 33x2.5x5 and 5 lbs,double boxes and taped up very well.
It’s not big but it’s also no a tiny box.
I just hope they find it.
It was priority with signature required.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I will not ship with USPS anymore. UPS or FedEx is the way to go. You can pay for 2 day shipping thru USPS and when that package hits Wichita, Ks that sucker will set there for over a week. It's infuriating.
Same when they get to Seattle/federal way on the way up to AK. Not unusual to have packages sitting there for 2 weeks.

Drenalin

WKR.
Besides the online help function, which you should do, it can also help to go down to your local post office and talk to a human there. I've had situations where a package seemed to be stuck or lost and for whatever reason got moving again after I talked to someone. Last time I used the online help function, someone from my local post office called me within two hours to help.

This fishing reel has been floating around a while. Guess I’ll start a claim.

91f01e05f8d46ea7b9d7695404df1525.jpg

66be4086417d47fc29c072656ac39fd4.jpg

93cc13ba88986b88a60367eab3f9530e.jpg

I'm currently waiting for my wife's wedding ring to be located. Approximate value of $15-$20k.

I'm usually not a salt in the wound guy, but man, I am glad I have enough sense not to buy such an expensive ring, and if I did avoid shipping it.

stonewall

WKR
Here’s a FedEx story for you all

Had to overnight some paperwork. FedEx express envelope. My local drop location had a new “closed for lunch” policy. I was headed out of town. Figured I’d drop off at any number of FedEx locations

Used the FedEx website to find nearest location. FedEx at dollar general. Should have been my first clue. Left a ground package (retail return - we just ate that lose) and my express envelope.

FedEx never picks up. That DG store doesn’t have a phone that works. DG corporate couldn’t reach that store. FedEx was no help of course. They gave me a case number is all. Finally a week later I got the idea to schedule a pickup. A pickup at their own location. Lo and behold they picked up my express envelope and delivered it

Marble

WKR
@Dos Perros Yeah, I hear you on that. I probably have about 10k into it. I pieced the ring together over the last 11 years, buying pieces when the market was down.

It's the only piece of jewelry my wife wears daily. Since she hasn't been wearing it, she's been hit on constantly. Except when I'm standing next to her...

@Dos Perros Yeah, I hear you on that. I probably have about 10k into it. I pieced the ring together over the last 11 years, buying pieces when the market was down.

It's the only piece of jewelry my wife wears daily. Since she hasn't been wearing it, she's been hit on constantly. Except when I'm standing next to her...

I have more $ than I care to admit in my wife's ring (not as much as you) and I've been begging her to get rid of it. She wears it to work or 'out and about,' but mostly wears these:

BTLowry

FNG
All of them suck
USPS, UPS and FedX

Never lost anything yet with them but have a buddy that got taken for $4K worth of marine electronics

No doubt it was stolen at the local UPS hub. Tracked to there and vanished

There is no way I would trust any of them with a $20k wedding ring
Drive it there yourself or find another jeweler.
My wife's wedding ring will not appraise at that but it is priceless as it has the diamonds out of her grandmother's wedding ring in it

OP
Hope your stuff shows up soon

Weldor

WKR
I've had all three of them lose shipments, it's a crap shoot. I've dealt with the postal inspectors, just high payed crossing guards. Ups and Fed-up just make excuses. I agree the insurance is highway robbery. Some have had good luck getting payed others not so much. I try to do the minimun amount of shipping, saves on the aggravation. Was at the local PO Saturday, 1 guy working. Most of the people in line were looking for lost mail or packages, clerk tells everyone of them the same thing" We've been having a problem here with that".

CorbLand

WKR

Bro, flirt with your wife.

Last edited: