UPS Strike

Is this just speculation? If I'm going to guess, UPS hires lots of part time folks to avoid paying full time benefits/wages and like lots of places, the days of making a good living need to be fought for. I'd also guess UPS isn't ever going to voluntarily share extra profits. Maybe a Jelly of the Month membership..?
Did someone force these PT workers to apply for and accept the UPS job?

No one thinks they should get paid the same. They just think the guy sorting your vortex crossfire should be able to buy his kid fresh broccoli if the cfo can get a half million dollar thank you for getting fired.

The “you’re a commie” gaslighting for wanting a fair wage that keeps up with inflation while the company is extremely profitable is ridiculous
You want what you consider a fair wage (different for different folks) go out and earn it. Just showing up without out any skills outside of knowing how to read and write isn’t going to get you there in the real world where no one owes you anything.

If you can’t keep up with inflation that’s your fault and your fault alone. That’s a fact you can take to the bank.

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm absolutely amazed at what these corporations have convinced people of. Ups shareholders got 8.6 billion with a B last year and this year are set to get at least that much. Yet there are guys on here defending companies needing to make a profit. No Sh_t they need a profit but not always on the little guys back. Should never have reached this point as they Clearly have the ability to pay their workers a good wage and cost of living increases. Yet they claim can't afford it and a large portion of the public buys that load of manure. Good for UPS workers for standing up and getting a little something for themselves! F___ the ceo and shareholders

You want what you consider a fair wage (different for different folks) go out and earn it. Just showing up without out any skills outside of knowing how to read and write isn’t going to get you there in the real world where no one owes you anything.

If you can’t keep up with inflation that’s your fault and your fault alone. That’s a fact you can take to the bank.
College costs 5x more after inflation than it did in the 80s, housing had increased above inflation, real wages have flatlined against inflation

gEt ouT AnD EaRn iT (even though the generation screaming it didn’t). My neighbor growing up was a great man, would give you the shirt off his back and help you iron it. He was quite literally illiterate. He worked a blue collar low end trade for a small business and was lucky he lived in a time that allowed him to have a happy and full life doing it. You can still pull it off working for a small company in a small town where the owner knows you and cares about you. Unfortunately big corps have convinced everyone around you you don’t deserve it from them while they count their private jets.

Fwiw I have a skill, I have a good job and I have a good life. I consider myself lucky. I’m just saddened that we have gotten to wear we scream commie everytime someone wants their pay to keep up with inflation. I do regret getting into this thread as I knew better.

D S 319

WKR

You’re also delusional.

College costs 5x more after inflation than it did in the 80s, housing had increased above inflation, real wages have flatlined against inflation

gEt ouT AnD EaRn iT (even though the generation screaming it didn’t). My neighbor growing up was a great man, would give you the shirt off his back and help you iron it. He was quite literally illiterate. He worked a blue collar low end trade for a small business and was lucky he lived in a time that allowed him to have a happy and full life doing it. You can still pull it off working for a small company in a small town where the owner knows you and cares about you. Unfortunately big corps have convinced everyone around you you don’t deserve it from them while they count their private jets.

Fwiw I have a skill, I have a good job and I have a good life. I consider myself lucky. I’m just saddened that we have gotten to wear we scream commie everytime someone wants their pay to keep up with inflation.
Who said anything about college?

Yes, get out and EARN what you make. It’s amazing this concept is so very hard to understand, mind boggling actually.

You say you have skills. Are you saying luck afforded you those skills? I have skills that afford me a comfortable life in which i don’t have to worry about having to work a no skill entry level job anymore. I assure you, luck had nothing to do with it i earned the skills i have now through hard work, resolve and determination and no it wasn’t always easy but that’s why my time is worth more to an employer. Anyone in America can do the same.

Last edited:
I came from a humble lower middle class family in a small rural town and worked my way up to where I am today on my own, without help.

Are you saying you can’t do the same? Why not, too much effort or what? Help me understand the thought process because an emoji doesn’t help your argument at all.

Who said anything about college?

Yes, get out and EARN what you make. It’s amazing this concept is so very hard to understand, mind boggling actually.

You say you have skills. Are you saying luck afforded you those skills? I have skills that afford me a comfortable life in which i don’t have to worry about having to work a no skill entry level job anymore. I assure you, luck had nothing to do with it i earned the skills i have now through hard work, resolve and determination and no it wasn’t always easy but that’s why my time is worth more to an employer. Anyone in America can do the same.
I’m showing that the world around the latest generation got radically more expensive extremely fast and the generation above them has their hands over their ears screaming about hard work when they lived a great life with a highschool diploma, brainwashed their children into an overpriced degree and then called them commies for asking for a pay rise when they couldn’t afford the same small home their parents bought in the 70s.

Omg why are kids not buying homes anymore, omg why are they not buying 20k dollar wedding rings, omg why can’t they pay 100k in state tuition with a side job waiting tables on Friday night why are these millennials wanting the same life I lived?!

“They need to shut up strap up their boots and become a useless middle manager like I did.” Mentality

The idea that they should work hard and then get promoted to not being a laborer establishes the idea that if you’re still a laborer(which is literally required to make the world work) you don’t deserve to afford to raise a family. Which is imo absurd.

Last edited:

Zerk

Lil-Rokslider
Did someone force these PT workers to apply for and accept the UPS job?
Or is the issue tiered wages? PT not getting paid as much. Company hires cheaper works. You see places new hire on different pay scales. Which I have to think creates strife

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure there is a portion of the part time workers that only want part time. The majority would love a full time job with benefits and pay enough to buy a house and raise a family. I can assure you they work hard enough to deserve such a thing. These worthless corporations use temporary and part time as a way to avoid having to pony up. And guys still on here defending them. All so the ceo can say hey look at me, I made the shareholders another 8.6 Billion dollars this year!!!

D S 319

WKR
I came from a humble lower middle class family in a small rural town and worked my way up to where I am today on my own, without help.

Are you saying you can’t do the same? Why not, too much effort or what? Help me understand the thought process because an emoji doesn’t help your argument at all.
That’s great, and so have I..This issue is much larger than just UPS, but nobody cares until it starts to slightly inconvenience them because their package might not show up on time.

I do agree with you on a few of your points, but most are just what you are fed to believe.

Last edited:

Lonebow

FNG
looks like they reached an agreement union leaders and UPS execs. Now it has to be voted by union members but it seems they got everything they asked for so the vote is only a formality. No strike

Username checks out....