Unknown tikka action mod issues…

OP
Rooseveltwrecker
Oh that's good to know. One thing that came to mind is if you're starting off as a T3 you'll actually see a little more weight savings in the action that the T3x. You digging the nitride?

I'm on the fence of sending mine in and if so whether to get nitride or elite. I'd really like an answer about that extra blind hole for the sports match rings (that would sure be nice and avoid headaches later).
Yeah the nitride is nice for sure!

Dunky

WKR
If you have any short scope issues you might be worried about, you can request the ejection port not be touched but all the other machine work be done.
any estimate on how much weight that would take off? Just the bolt and the action pockets? guessing most of the weight comes from the metal lost from the ejection port.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Has anyone sent one in and gotten it back recently? I sent one in 7weeks ago, it was supposed to be 3weeks machining and 3 weeks nitride for turn around time. I called today to check in and got weird answers. First said the lead time on nitride is 3-4 weeks so it’ll be a bit, I reiterated I sent it in 7 weeks ago, then they said something about a machinist picking it up early May (5weeks after I sent it?). Guy was friendly but I found the replies confusing and was left with the statement they’re really busy and it’ll be a while longer so I frankly have no feeling for when I’ll be getting it back (week? month? longer?). Curious if anyone else has gotten one back recently and what the turn around time was to recalibrate expectations since I couldn’t figure that out talking to them directly.

Dunky

WKR
Has anyone sent one in and gotten it back recently? I sent one in 7weeks ago, it was supposed to be 3weeks machining and 3 weeks nitride for turn around time. I called today to check in and got weird answers. First said the lead time on nitride is 3-4 weeks so it’ll be a bit, I reiterated I sent it in 7 weeks ago, then they said something about a machinist picking it up early May (5weeks after I sent it?). Guy was friendly but I found the replies confusing and was left with the statement they’re really busy and it’ll be a while longer so I frankly have no feeling for when I’ll be getting it back (week? month? longer?). Curious if anyone else has gotten one back recently and what the turn around time was to recalibrate expectations since I couldn’t figure that out talking to them directly.
I sent 2 actions in for nitride only, no milling, on April 11, got my shipping notice yesterday they are headed back. Pretty quick turn around on that part.