Unconventional horse food

A long time ago I had one of my horses beg for a bite of my bologna sandwich. I gave it to him and he made some of the most bizarre facial expressions and returned the sandwich to me by washed pieces. First the bread then the meat and finally the cheese.

Today we had a similar situation as my mare was begging for lunch. Turns out she really likes onion rings.

What have you folks seen?

Ferg

FNG
I had an old gelding that insisted he have some of my coffee. It wasn't hot anymore so I just held the cup out. He stuck his nose in there and took a swig, curled back his lips and stuck his head straight out. The look on his face was great. Don't think he'll be back for more.

Oldffemt

WKR
My son’s one year old gelding learned that fig newtons are hard to get down without a drink! But he seems to like them anyway.

Fordguy

WKR
I had a gelding that liked a variety of different foods from BBQ sandwiches to pizza, and another who wasn't adventurous was far as foods went but he loved coke. If you opened a 20 oz plastic bottle and offered it to him, he would hold.it with his teeth and tip it back.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I had a gelding that liked a variety of different foods from BBQ sandwiches to pizza, and another who wasn't adventurous was far as foods went but he loved coke. If you opened a 20 oz plastic bottle and offered it to him, he would hold.it with his teeth and tip it back.
My mom had a gelding that would do that with any canned drink, soda or beer.
Suck the bottom out, crush the can and belch afterwards.

BKehoe05

FNG
We have one mare who gets a cup of coffee every morning for the past 2 yrs. She comes to the back door when I turn the kitchen light on in the mornings and waits patiently. We have another gelding who loves regular potato chips.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Doritos, Cheetos, licorice, cheez-it crackers, bbq sandwiches, beer, Gatorade, jello. I’m surprised we don’t have more colic issues at my house. Have one mare that won’t eat anything except cheez-its. I have a 5 year old daughter that’ll feed them anything she’s eating. Even had a gelding take a Gatorade bottle from my wife. He swallowed the Gatorade and the lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife was riding a gelding we had, she opened a bag of m&ms, he stopped and turned his head around. Someone must have treated him to some before because he knew exactly what they were and loved them.