Grilled Pb&J!

Apparently I have been living under a rock! I recently came across the idea of a grilled Pb&J. I never really liked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a kid, was more of the bologna or tuna sandwich kid. Now as an adult with 4 younger kids I have come to fully appreciate the delicacy of a good Pb&J on a good quality white bread. I had no idea though that by just grilling it like a grilled cheese sandwich would take it to another level!

I was passing on this new wisdom to my father who apparently already knew how incredible this was, but of course never told me (thanks a lot ol'man) and my aunt who was sitting next to him and agreeing, mentioned that an even better sandwich is the grilled cheese with grape jelly! I guess this is somewhat of a fan favorite at some little diner in Chicago.

So is there any other food items that I am missing out on? I already know about bite sized steak, fry sauce (I make the best you have ever had), and dough boys(elephant ears). What else is out there?

OP
NorthIDHunter
Oh yeah. Wrap them in tin foil and throw them in a fire on a cold November day, awesome meal
Oh that sounds like a fantastic idea! I have regularly carried one in my back while chasing whitetail, always in a sandwich bag, now will be in tin foil for sure! Thanks.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Try fried egg and peanut butter on toast of your choice. everyone says, WHAT, until they try it.

OP
NorthIDHunter
Its really pretty simple actually. I admittedly stole the idea from a restaurant in Lewiston Idaho. They have an incredible fry sauce, it was just a bit different than others with a smokey mesquite type flavor. Well one day I was mixing up the ketchup, mayo, Lawry's seasoned salt, and pickle juice when I took notice of the bottle of liquid smoke in the fridge door. I thought to myself, SOB that is how that place is doing it. So I read up a bit and learned that it takes very very little of that stuff to get the flavor so I started with about a half of a cap full, for one basic soup bowl of sauce, and viola that was it!