UM TIKKA Scope Rings

RussDXT

WKR
After an ejection issue that UM went well above and beyond to correct, let’s just say I will not be buying anything from anyone else when UM makes a solution.

Superb company with awesome customer support.
4755c40b1e1bb52d2313d6dcac52641e.jpg

KU_Geo

WKR
The gunwerks Tikka stock group buy should be highest on the list... BUT they must offer it left handed...
is some actually looking into a clymr stock group buy for tikkas? That would be amazing! I never thought they’d do a tikka inlet as it’s not even close to any of their action specs.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
is some actually looking into a clymr stock group buy for tikkas? That would be amazing! I never thought they’d do a tikka inlet as it’s not even close to any of their action specs.
A customer had a Clymr rifle shipped to our shop and I could not believe how head-and-shoulders better than any other stock it felt. The fit and finish was impeccable, and the geometry was perfect for me.

-J

amassi

WKR
A customer had a Clymr rifle shipped to our shop and I could not believe how head-and-shoulders better than any other stock it felt. The fit and finish was impeccable, and the geometry was perfect for me.

-J

Don’t shoot one
The Magnus and clymr stocks will ruin other rifle stocks for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After an ejection issue that UM went well above and beyond to correct, let’s just say I will not be buying anything from anyone else when UM makes a solution.

Superb company with awesome customer support.
4755c40b1e1bb52d2313d6dcac52641e.jpg

What height did you go with? I’m mounting a SWFA 5-20 on a 3B profile barrel and ordered lows.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Damnit Ryan 🤣🤣

We just ordered the material, and will start making them this next week. Probably two weeks to machine, and 1.5 weeks at anodize. We did have a few overage from the first batch. Which we will get to UM tomorrow. We’re running a larger number to make sure they stay in stock.

I think Ryan was the only one that thought they would sell like they are. We will adjust quantities and keep them in stock.

SRS / Ken
Ryan wasn't the only one who KNEW they would sell like crazy.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a pic of my SWFA 3-9 in lows.

I put the pins in the threaded base holes on mine (they slid in with little resistance so I locktighted them into the holes so they don’t migrate into the action).

IMG_9881.jpegIMG_9882.jpeg

RussDXT

WKR
What height did you go with? I’m mounting a SWFA 5-20 on a 3B profile barrel and ordered lows.

I have to run highs. I had plenty of clearance with the medium. The problem I ran into was that the spent casing would bounce off the windage turret and fall back into the chamber.

This is on a 300wsm so a different caliber probably won’t have that issue.

I have to run highs. I had plenty of clearance with the medium. The problem I ran into was that the spent casing would bounce off the windage turret and fall back into the chamber.

This is on a 300wsm so a different caliber probably won’t have that issue.
Thanks. I had that same issue with certain rings and calibers on Tikka’s with SWFA 3-15

The rifle these are for is a 6CM with 3B barrel. Probably going with mediums and will sell the lows or use them elsewhere.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I mounted UM lows, UM rail level, and a S&B 3-12x42 this past weekend. Just a quick mockup non-locktite mount to see spacing and fit. I used the rear pin in the middle hole of the ring, any further back and the bolt will contact the ring. I used the front pin with the last hole in the ring....not sure if I'll keep the pin or remove it to move the ring forward a bit to increase spacing. It works as is but I'd prefer it forward a bit. The idea of threaded pins would be nice here.

I played around with the level location and ended up putting it in front of the front ring. I can see it well with my offside eye. If I move the ring forward I'll likely put the level behind the ring.

Really impressed with the rings and overall design of the system. Nice and wide with plenty of contact area on the tube. I understand the pins aren't required but I like pinned rails/rings so it's a nice bonus. About the only improvement imho would be the option for threaded pins to allow more spacing.

Great rings.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok we moved the giveaway. And Ryan was kind enough to add a Havalon Knife to it! Check it out, make your entry posts over there!

I bought the last set of 30mm lows available and just received them. Holy smokes, these are really something. With them in hand, I think they're a bit more than I actually need right now and I think I'll stick with the Sports Match TO84's, which are about 1 oz lighter and little lower too. If someone is looking for 30mm lows and needs them sooner than the backordered ones come in, let me know and I can let these go. Otherwise, I'll eventually put them to good use. (edited, they were sent along)

Last edited:

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I bought the last set of 30mm lows available and just received them. Holy smokes, these are really something. With them in hand, I think they're a bit more than I actually need right now and I think I'll stick with the Sports Match TO84's, which are about 1 oz lighter and little lower too. If someone is looking for 30mm lows and needs them sooner than the backordered ones come in, let me know and I can let these go. Otherwise, I'll eventually put them to good use.
They’re the correct design and are the most practical design for a Tikka ring made. Mount them up and post your seasons feedback!