UM RokStok + metal bottom metal issue - probably user error

@fwafwow, I had a similar issue with one of my bottom metals (it may have been an Oregon Mountain) on a recent build with a Manners stock. It was contacting the trigger exactly where you show the worn cerakote in your picture. Essentially, when it was tightened down it was locking the trigger in place. As it was a perfect fit in regards to not being sunken or proud and the mags fit just fine, I didn't want to shim it, so I just beveled that edge with a jewelers file until I got the clearance I needed. Hit it with a sharpie to cover up the bare metal and it works perfectly now.
I would almost guarantee that a shim or two will fix your issue.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Update - Thomas has been in touch a few times. He not only gave me a refund, he wants me to keep the bottom metal. I explained that I thought that was not the right outcome, as I didn’t say I was going to use it for an after market stock, and since I still have the OEM stock, it would work with that. He wouldn’t budge. A class act.

Then he called and said he thinks he has a solution. He’s sending me one of the below (in orange!) It was made for the KRG Midas Trigger, so he thinks it may be the solution to the problem. At least the trigger part. I’m going to test it, along with the one I purchased (with more shims) after I get the KRG model, which should be in a week or so. I will report back. 7712251594308517728.jpeg

atmat

WKR
Update - Thomas has been in touch a few times. He not only gave me a refund, he wants me to keep the bottom metal. I explained that I thought that was not the right outcome, as I didn’t say I was going to use it for an after market stock, and since I still have the OEM stock, it would work with that. He wouldn’t budge. A class act.

Then he called and said he thinks he has a solution. He’s sending me one of the below (in orange!) It was made for the KRG Midas Trigger, so he thinks it may be the solution to the problem. At least the trigger part. I’m going to test it, along with the one I purchased (with more shims) after I get the KRG model, which should be in a week or so. I will report back. View attachment 778402
For anyone reading, that is customer service.

I’ll consider buying these now just to support someone like that.