TRT Anyone?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Same boat. Heavy letting and diet will bring it up marginally but my dr says the risks of trt outweigh the benefits

What risks? To say that there are “risks” needs rigorous medical study and research…. TRT in America doesn’t have that.

Jbogg

Lil-Rokslider
Conversely, if you feel like shit at 400, it may be time to act. The reference ranges were determined from a random sample of males in select age groups. That means your level is being compared to a Cheeto eating bag of inactive lard on the skinny tail. He moved the mean down. Why would you not want to be compared to a fit male with an active lifestyle?
I can’t argue with that. It’s definitely not a one size fits all. I’ve seen plenty of guys post statements like “I feel great, but my TRT is only 500, should I get my doc to prescribe?” My point was that if somebody feels great, then why add a medication needlessly. Self pinning is not fun or convenient. I hit another nerve last week. Dang.

Pin in your delts,so much better especially if you have some muscle there.
Did quads for years and there’s no comparison.
1/2 insulin needle

LostArra

WKR
Sleep is one of the biggest things!
Sleep is probably the greatest aid to recovery which actually builds strength and endurance, second only to anabolic steroids.

"No one gets strong from lifting weights, You get strong by recovering from lifting weights." quote by some big dude with a brain.

What risks? To say that there are “risks” needs rigorous medical study and research…. TRT in America doesn’t have that.

I had a widow maker heart attack at 43 just a few months after winning the BJJ Pan Ams. Ten years later I was feeling like crap when I was talking to my cardiologist and out of curiosity asked him to check my Test levels. When we got the results I was under 200. We were both surprised that it was so low because I have so much muscle.

He sent me to a urologist to follow up about it and they both agreed the benefits of TRT would most likely outweigh the risks. After 9 months on TRT I felt only slightly better, had a total Test level of only 400 when the urologist wanted me in the 700 range. I had raised hematocrits, hemoglobin and red blood cells. I would have been kicked out of the Tour De France for doping my hematocrit was so high. I now have extremely high blood pressure. My BP when we discovered it was 201/145! I was told immediately to stop all test and put on BP meds. It’s now a year later and still on BP meds and even with it there are days I still measure 150/100 which is way too high.

I know 4 people that have done TRT now and 3 of them one of which is me have all had similar adverse effects. Obviously that’s not a statistically significant group but it’s enough for me to not recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ehh I don’t feel great and I don’t know how much is related to overworking myself vs this is real feeling secondary to low ish T.

So I’ve worked (5) 14 hr shifts this week; Sunday through Thursday. Last night (Friday I worked 4-2 am.

Had to be back up at 545 this am to be at work at 7am until 8 pm

Then I work 7-7 tomorrow and then back on (4) 14 hour overnights and then off a week

I am no doctor but it looks like you work shift work that doesn't start or end on a consistent basis. I would say your body can't adapt and get used to it because you are constantly changing your sleep patterns. I hope you are getting paid well enough to justify this because that I am sure will destroy your long term health.

Marble

WKR
Ehh I don’t feel great and I don’t know how much is related to overworking myself vs this is real feeling secondary to low ish T.

So I’ve worked (5) 14 hr shifts this week; Sunday through Thursday. Last night (Friday I worked 4-2 am.

Had to be back up at 545 this am to be at work at 7am until 8 pm

Then I work 7-7 tomorrow and then back on (4) 14 hour overnights and then off a week
The low side of the "normal" range for your age is probably 290. At 38, that's what mine was. The high side was 900 something. I've been on it since 2014, and mine stays in the 550 range. Significant difference between the two.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

DuckDogDr

WKR
The low side of the "normal" range for your age is probably 290. At 38, that's what mine was. The high side was 900 something. I've been on it since 2014, and mine stays in the 550 range. Significant difference between the two.

How you feel since being on it? What’s your schedule like for it

Marble

WKR
I feel awesome. My situation was slightly different from most. I had cancer, and chemo and radiation just smoked all my testosterone. I feel great now. I was tired all the time, low sex drove, sleepy, but I slept crappy.

After, more energy, lost fat around my mid section, which wasn't much. I gained lean muscle (about 12 pounds) and went from a large to an XL shirt size. Awesome sex drive and performance.

The bad, a very slight amount of back acne that went away. Grew more body hair, but I'm a dude, so who cares.

At first, I got a little moody 2 days after injections. But I lowered my dosage to .80 ml weekly. Now I'm at 1ml weekly. It's a win win.

I inject every Friday.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Note for those who can't take TRT. Sunshine exposure can increase T by 67%. Exercise and more calories from fats also increase T.

Also, I’ve been taking Tonkat Ali daily for about a year. Proven natural supplement for raising T.

For those who inject weekly, I guess you have to pack your gear into spike camp when you hunt? Seems like a PIA…

big44a4

WKR
Also, I’ve been taking Tonkat Ali daily for about a year. Proven natural supplement for raising T.

For those who inject weekly, I guess you have to pack your gear into spike camp when you hunt? Seems like a PIA…

I’ll take however many filled syringes I need or I leave them at the truck. One week etc is not a big deal.

What were your levels before T Ali and after?

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
PSA, driving over passes in CO will cause your previously accessed vials of testosterone to leak out of the vials r/t pressure changes, same with airplane travel and checked bags.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I’ll take however many filled syringes I need or I leave them at the truck. One week etc is not a big deal.

What were your levels before T Ali and after?

Sorry I couldn’t tell you as I have never measured my T yet. My experience is very noticeable in bedroom performance/blood flow. No issues before but it was a nice surprise. Since I’m in my 30s and exercise daily since I was a teenager I didn’t notice much else other than that. But people with low T or 40’s and over apparently can get a 100-200 boost.

big44a4

WKR
Sorry I couldn’t tell you as I have never measured my T yet. My experience is very noticeable in bedroom performance/blood flow. No issues before but it was a nice surprise. Since I’m in my 30s and exercise daily since I was a teenager I didn’t notice much else other than that. But people with low T or 40’s and over apparently can get a 100-200 boost.

Yeah I’ve heard about it but curious on real world results from someone. Personally a 100-200 total T increase wouldn’t have done anything for me prior to starting TRT (linked article shows even lower from a quick glance). I was already in what others would say is great shape, working out 5+ days a week for 13+ years before starting, and ate a good diet. Had no issues in the bed room. My issue was just overall energy. I also get much better sleep since I’ve been on.

ArrowHunt

FNG
I have been on injections for 6 months know once a week and noticed a big increase on energy and mood previously before being on it I would come home from work and be super tired and felt like I was always mad at everybody

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
How old are you guys @ArrowHunt @big44a4?

Is everyone issuance covering trt? Sorry it’s probably been addressed here before.
My insurance didn't cover any because I saught it out myself, or so they say anyways. I'm surprised this thread is still going lol, been a while since I started it.

I don't think age has much to do with low T personally.

*zap*

WKR
It is, imo, important to know your total and free t levels at least once a year. I finally checked mine end of june and have another test on 8/10. Meanwhile I started carnivore 7/1 and increased my iron, boron and d3 intake. It will be interesting to see if the levels change or not. I will know in wo weeks or so.

Marble

WKR

It's just 1 vile, one syringe w/needle and another needle. Fits in toiletries bag.

ArrowHunt

FNG
I was told that age doesn't have anything do with it as everybody is different and levels below 300 the insurance will approve it depending on provider