Trijicon 2.5-15x42mm Credo HX SFP Field Evaluation Q&A

This review along with the euro optic blowout has my mouth watering over the $520 2.5-10x56mm Credo HX…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What rings are you running to get that to clear the continuous rail of an ar?

Thanks!

Burris XTR high I believe.

Are you using a gunbearer with the K4 or just strapping the rifle to rear?

I’ve got a couple things I’m trying. Generally with packs I slide it in the side pocket, or if I need it the SG rifle carrier.

Clarktar

WKR
This review along with the euro optic blowout has my mouth watering over the $520 2.5-10x56mm Credo HX…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see these for $520.... Can you share a link?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
what did you think between the credo and shv?
I have had the Nightforce SHV 3-10 and Credo 2.5-15 and have had them out to the range a half dozen times. Both are solid scopes and I believe would serve any hunter well.

Pros of the Credo include slightly better glass, reticle is a bit bolder, exposed elevation turret and a bit more top end magnification. Cons are it is a pretty large scope but not overly heavy.

Pros of the Nightforce SHV are very compact design, better illumination IMO, nice clear glass. Cons are reticle is a bit fine for dusk if not illuminated, short mounting length will be an issue on many long actions rifles.

I really enjoy the Credo and it is going to stay on my 280 AI as a nice open country set-up. I also have a Tikka 6.5 CM that is wearing the 3-10 SHV and as a more compact mid-range mountain/packing rifle. I will likely keep try both in the field this fall and decide if I will keep the SHV or swap it for another Credo.

Firth

FNG
In the last pic where your shooting off trekking poles are you just holding them together (that's what it looks like to me) or are you using something like quick-stix:

I ask because I've experimented with shooting off trekking poles a bit. Mostly with putting the loops of either handle around the other pole to make a cradle. That worked OK, it was just slow, so I'm curious how you prefer to shoot off trekking poles.