Trijicon 2.5-15x42mm Credo HX SFP Field Evaluation Q&A

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Some additional info for those looking at this scope. I have the Credo HX in both 2.5-15x42 and 4-16x50 on different rifles. I find that the eyebox on the the 4-16x50 noticeably better. It is easier to maintain a good sight picture and just more comfortable to get behind. Weight difference is 2.6 ounces between the two models. Really like them both but if the weight/size different is not a big deal then I would go with the 4-16x50.

Some additional info for those looking at this scope. I have the Credo HX in both 2.5-15x42 and 4-16x50 on different rifles. I find that the eyebox on the the 4-16x50 noticeably better. It is easier to maintain a good sight picture and just more comfortable to get behind. Weight difference is 2.6 ounces between the two models. Really like them both but if the weight/size different is not a big deal then I would go with the 4-16x50.
If only euro was still giving 4-16s away

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Form, in your opinion how does this Trijicon model compare to the SWFA 3-15x42? Which would be better for purely hunting applications?

SWFA 3-15x has a superior reticle for all around hunting, FFP mil/mil, with a long history of generally very reliable performance.

Fowl Play

WKR
SWFA 3-15x has a superior reticle for all around hunting, FFP mil/mil, with a long history of generally very reliable performance.
Just to mention, the HX model you are testing is MOA. The same scope is available in the non HX version with mil. Still SFP though.

Fowl Play

WKR
If this helps anyone. This is what this scope looks like mounted on the Tikka with Talley extra low bases (PN 720714). Pic of scope it is replacing for reference. There is only a 0.135” gap between the bolt handle and scope body during its throw (roughly the same distance between scope and barrel as well) — you can’t go much lower.

IMG_9367.jpeg

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Im very curious to see what the result of the eval was, hoping it held zero.

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

m77huntr

FNG
🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I mean the complete eval, since he mentioned that he’s approaching 3000rds with the scope…

young7.3

WKR
Thought id share my results on this scope.

I have been following this thread since it started. Bought the scope after the drop test data was published. Mounted to a tikka 6.5 prc zeroed at 100 yds. I carried it roughly 8 days during Montana general rifle. From 70 degrees to single digits with 6” of snow. It fell out of the back of a sxs once and landed on the case. Checked zero and it was dead on. Ended up taking my first muley and a 5 point elk with it. Great scope and look forward to shooting it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chindits

WKR
Awesome evaluation.

I’ve been using this scope for a couple months now on a 7 mag. My only complaint is in cold weather with mittens (-10 to +15) I can not feel my elevation clicks. I visually have to check my elevation. I also wish the parallax and windage knobs had a lower profile.

Scottyboy

WKR
thank you @schmalzy and @Formidilosus for all the efforts. I just took delivery on mine after a short 4 week leadtime,..and fully intend on dropping it with a tikka built by UM to see how it holds up. Not real thrilled about a new rifle get the shit kicked out of it but at the same time am looking forward to seeing what happens when a complete system gets the shit kicked out of it (not permanently bonded like some of forms)

thank you @schmalzy and @Formidilosus for all the efforts. I just took delivery on mine after a short 4 week leadtime,..and fully intend on dropping it with a tikka built by UM to see how it holds up. Not real thrilled about a new rifle get the shit kicked out of it but at the same time am looking forward to seeing what happens when a complete system gets the shit kicked out of it (not permanently bonded like some of forms)
Don't kick it too hard. You might bend a turret

I got a question. I have this scope in the mil version and all the adjustments (elev, wind, parlax) seem very stiff. Is this the same experience as everyone else ?
Thanks