Trijicon 2.5-15x42mm Credo HX SFP Field Evaluation Q&A

schmalzy

WKR
Looking forward to seeing the rest of this evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElPollo

WKR
I have no real interest in a SFP scope in this zoom range, but I will admit to interest in the result of this test sort of like a Roman citizen attending a gladiatorial battle or maybe the tossing of war prisoners to the lions in the Colosseum. Guilt and schadenfruede aside, I do appreciate these tests and get a lot of good information out of them.

I'm gonna guess the Credo and Leupy sort of held zero and the Vortex did not...just a guess. As an aside, I too use 18-20 in-lbs of torque on ring caps (and also use loctite) as I have had scopes slip (and sometimes break loose altogether) with 15-16 inch pounds dry--and that's just under recoil (no drops). I have tried 16 inch pounds wet (loctite) and that was borderline. The 18-20 range seems to be the sweet spot. In my opinion, folks saying 18-20 in-lbs with loctite is what caused a scope to fail really need to take a step back and think about that...

I'm gonna guess the Credo and Leupy sort of held zero and the Vortex did not...just a guess. As an aside, I too use 18-20 in-lbs of torque on ring caps (and also use loctite) as I have had scopes slip (and sometimes break loose altogether) with 15-16 inch pounds dry--and that's just under recoil (no drops). I have tried 16 inch pounds wet (loctite) and that was borderline. The 18-20 range seems to be the sweet spot. In my opinion, folks saying 18-20 in-lbs with loctite is what caused a scope to fail really need to take a step back and think about that...
It says lost zero rite on the leupold 🤣

I'm not exactly a read the owners manual kinda guy.
But I've never seen 16 lbs recommended for the ring caps. I suppose I always look at the ring manufacturer specs. But its always been at least 18
Hawkins has 25 listed for there rings. Wonder if I've cause any issue with over torque.

But I've never seen 16 lbs recommended for the ring caps. I suppose I always look at the ring manufacturer specs. But its always been at least 18
Hawkins has 25 listed for there rings. Wonder if I've cause any issue with over torque.

My theory is that if I cause damage to a scope by torquing above 16 into the 18-20 range, I've chosen the wrong scope. I don't want something that fragile...

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
But I've never seen 16 lbs recommended for the ring caps. I suppose I always look at the ring manufacturer specs.

B6EE7A8B-6B7B-4169-9824-AD7CE846BE43.jpeg

But its always been at least 18

18-20 in-lbs with loctite holds scopes well with most pic rings. On personal scopes I use 22-25 in-lbs.

Hmm....so the Trijicon Credo didn't fair as well as I'd hoped it sounds like with some POI shifts on drops. Maybe I can wait for the Nightforce NXS to come back in stock.