Trijicon 2.5-15x42mm Credo HX SFP Field Evaluation Q&A

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up one of these recently, just arrived the other day. It appears to have very solid and precise construction. Elevation turret is nice and firm, weight is good at 22 oz especially given it has decent magnification, parallax and illumination. I took it out for some twilight testing and it maintained good light transmission until end of shooting light which is 30 minutes past sunset here in Wyoming. I would have no issue taking a shot even out to moderate-long range in that light. The reticle is nicely balanced, not too thick but still visible at twilight, good range of brightness on the illumination too. I compared it to a Sightron S-TAC 3-16x42 and SIII 6-24x50. Glass is better than S-TAC and about the same as the SIII. I also have a 3-10 NF SHV in route for direct comparison. Most likely will end up on either a Tikka 6.5 CM or my Savage UL 280 AI. I will share more info after I get some range time in with it. The eye box gets tight above about 12x but that's kind of expected, eye relief is adequate at 3.5" for me and seems to stay consistent from 2.5 up to 15x.

Drifteds

FNG
I picked up one of these recently, just arrived the other day. It appears to have very solid and precise construction. Elevation turret is nice and firm, weight is good at 22 oz especially given it has decent magnification, parallax and illumination. I took it out for some twilight testing and it maintained good light transmission until end of shooting light which is 30 minutes past sunset here in Wyoming. I would have no issue taking a shot even out to moderate-long range in that light. The reticle is nicely balanced, not too thick but still visible at twilight, good range of brightness on the illumination too. I compared it to a Sightron S-TAC 3-16x42 and SIII 6-24x50. Glass is better than S-TAC and about the same as the SIII. I also have a 3-10 NF SHV in route for direct comparison. Most likely will end up on either a Tikka 6.5 CM or my Savage UL 280 AI. I will share more info after I get some range time in with it. The eye box gets tight above about 12x but that's kind of expected, eye relief is adequate at 3.5" for me and seems to stay consistent from 2.5 up to 15x.
what did you think between the credo and shv?

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
what did you think between the credo and shv?
Still waiting on the SHV to arrive as I found it on a deal but it was on back-order. I will be sure to chime in when I get the SHV. That being said I am really liking the Credo and its hard to imagine a better scope at this price point IMO.

Drifteds

FNG
Still waiting on the SHV to arrive as I found it on a deal but it was on back-order. I will be sure to chime in when I get the SHV. That being said I am really liking the Credo and its hard to imagine a better scope at this price point IMO.
yea that scope ticks every box of mine, i liked the shv 4-14 2fp but doesnt have exposed turrets. So think i might have to put in an order for the credo soon.