Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

slowelk

WKR
This isn't another "Let's see your semi-custom tikka" thread. This is for mostly unaltered Tikkas in 223/6/6.5, wearing an SWFA. I think OP needs to remind folks what a rokslide special is, because it certainly isn't a magnum, long action, aftermarket barrel, aftermarket stock wearing a Leupold :)

Iketurner

FNG
This isn't another "Let's see your semi-custom tikka" thread. This is for mostly unaltered Tikkas in 223/6/6.5, wearing an SWFA. I think OP needs to remind folks what a rokslide special is, because it certainly isn't a magnum, long action, aftermarket barrel, aftermarket stock wearing a Leupold :)
Simple mistake on my part. It's deleted now, hopefully the world can continue on unscathed

OP
sbaker0029
Yeah, thanks. Going to edit main post with that as the definition for a rokslide special.

I do enjoy some semi-custom tikka's though
@Iketurner that's a nice rifle you've got, you didn't have to delete the post.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
All tikkas are long action 😎
The mtn tactical bottom metal is nice but functionally, it didn’t do anything. Didn’t make the gun any more accurate or save any weight. I have a high desert bottom metal on my tikka 30-06, same thing. It looks/feels nice, I’d have been better off spending the money on ammo or gas for hunts.
Fully agree on not derailing this thread any further... but I also use the High Desert bottom metal. My favorite of all the aftermarket bottom metals. Having taken apart 5 Tikka T3X's and 6 Sako 85's with factory metal trigger guards; the torque on the screws holding the action to the stock are significantly greater on the metal Sako variants. Def a discussion for a different thread, but I was able to match the torque specs from the Sako rifles on my now plastic eliminated Tikka which made me feel warm and fuzzy.

BjornF16

WKR
I'm seeing a couple of 5/8" adapters on the .223 muzzles...why 5/8"?

Do your cans only have fixed 5/8" threads?

OP
sbaker0029
View attachment 509720
223 with vertical grip and Swfa 6x with sportsmatch rings cut and threaded to 18”
I like the rifle but love that book collection. I see some Louis L'Amour in there, I've got the entire collection handed down to me from my grandpa. Great childhood memories. I'd borrow one, read it, we would discuss the next time I was over.
Can't like your picture enough.