Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

OP
sbaker0029
I don't have a current photo of my slightly sexier Swede, but here's the ought-six WKR spesh to tide you over.

View attachment 509553
When you get the chance, let's see that sexy Swede. I've been a fan of the OG 6.5 for a long time. Got introduced at a young age by my grandpa and a 1916 Swedish Mauser. Kick myself for not jumping on deal on a T3 swede years ago

SouthPaw

WKR

gerry35

WKR
Loving the lefties! The magazine on the 6.5 PRC isn't the 4 round they seem to normally come with could you share a few more details on that?
Not quite sure they fall into the "absolute" rokslide special but since they are tikkas, they're special.

6.5 PRC superlite, 3 x 18 trijicon, sportsmatch rings, salmon river solution arca rail.

223 CTR, 3 x 9 swfa, xtreme hard-core rings.

RandyView attachment 511076View attachment 511079

Wrongside

WKR
Not quite sure they fall into the "absolute" rokslide special but since they are tikkas, they're special.

6.5 PRC superlite, 3 x 18 trijicon, sportsmatch rings, salmon river solution arca rail.

223 CTR, 3 x 9 swfa, xtreme hard-core rings.

RandyView attachment 511076View attachment 511079
Would you be willing to share the story on how you came to own a LH 6.5PRC SL? I've been waiting for Tikka to offer that exact model!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would you be willing to share the story on how you came to own a LH 6.5PRC SL? I've been waiting for Tikka to offer that exact model!
Get yourself a 6.5 creedmoor in a superlite, send it to Shaen Magan or your choice of gunsmith, rechamber to the prc, enlarge the bolt face, install a long boltstop and use a magnum magazine.
Viola.

Feeds and works flawlessly.

Randy

For everyone chopping and threading barrels for suppressors, seems like 16"-18" is the typical cutback length. What thread pitch are y'all able to get that far back on the barrel? Particularly on a 6.5 CM.

slowelk

WKR
Get yourself a 6.5 creedmoor in a superlite, send it to Shaen Magan or your choice of gunsmith, rechamber to the prc, enlarge the bolt face, install a long boltstop and use a magnum magazine.
Viola.

Feeds and works flawlessly.

Randy

I was under the impression that the chubbier prc rounds did not feed well out of the LA magazines. Can you confirm that that you're using the standard LA magazine and have no issues cycling PRC rounds? Can you fit three in the mag?

robtattoo

WKR
When you get the chance, let's see that sexy Swede. I've been a fan of the OG 6.5 for a long time. Got introduced at a young age by my grandpa and a 1916 Swedish Mauser. Kick myself for not jumping on deal on a T3 swede years ago

20230203_142923.jpg

I guess it's not reeeally a WKR spesh. T3 Ultralight Hunter, SWFA 6x42 in Sportsmatch rings.

Last edited: