Tikka "Rokslide Special", let's see 'em

Alright guys let's see those tikka "rokslide special's"

EDIT: defining a RSS aka Rokslide Special

Rokslide Special- mostly unaltered Tikkas in 223/6/6.5, SWFA, sportsmatch rings, standard barrel length or cut with can, factory or aftermarket stock.

Edit to add that the new UM rings and level also meet the requirements.

I know they'll all pretty much look close to the same but I can't get enough gun setup pictures lately.
I'm currently not so patiently waiting for my sportsmatch rings and swfa 6x to come in off backorder, so who knows how long it will before I have mine together and out to shoot. Tell me about yours.

If you don't mind post a picture or two and share some kills or groups or both

Thanks guys!

Here's mine waiting for that scope and rings

Attachments

• 20230106_204111.jpg
    20230106_204111.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I know they'll all pretty much look close to the same but I can't get enough gun setup pictures lately.
I'm currently not so patiently waiting for my sportsmatch rings and swfa 6x to come in off backorder, so who knows how long it will before I have mine together and out to shoot. Tell me about yours.

Here’s one, t3x superlite, 6.5 creedmoor, sportsmatch to84, SWFA 6x. It’s a shooter.

This one has mountain tactical bottom metal which didn’t do anything other than make my wallet lighter. It also has the vertical tikka grip, those are on all of the tikkas I have. Only other thing it has is an atlas rail for my bipod.

Attachments

• 5917492C-9252-4864-82F7-DFBF36121322.jpeg
    5917492C-9252-4864-82F7-DFBF36121322.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:
OP
sbaker0029
Here’s one, t3x superlite, 6.5 creedmoor, sportsmatch to84, SWFA 6x. It’s a shooter.

This one has mountain tactical bottom metal which didn’t do anything other than make my wallet lighter. It also has the vertical tikka grip, those are on all of the tikkas I have. Only other thing it has is an atlas rail for my bipod.
Nice rifle! I've got a t3x 6.5cm superlite hunter, bought it for my daughter and it's probably going to sit in the safe until she gets big enough handle it or I get the itch to start using myself haha.

I've often pondered and considered the mountain tactical bottom metal and curious if that might be the case. Thanks for that tid bit, saved me some money!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nice rifle! I've got a t3x 6.5cm superlite hunter, bought it for my daughter and it's probably going to sit in the safe until she gets big enough handle it or I get the itch to start using myself haha.

I've often pondered and considered the mountain tactical bottom metal and curious if that might be the case. Thanks for that tid bit, saved me some money!
The mtn tactical bottom metal is nice but functionally, it didn’t do anything. Didn’t make the gun any more accurate or save any weight. I have a high desert bottom metal on my tikka 30-06, same thing. It looks/feels nice, I’d have been better off spending the money on ammo or gas for hunts.

Sportsmatch told me 2 weeks and swfa told me 30-60 days on a 3-9 I'd guess the same for the 6x

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
sbaker0029
Sportsmatch told me 2 weeks and swfa told me 30-60 days on a 3-9 I'd guess the same for the 6x

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I was told the same for the sportsmatch, yesterday was 2wks so hopefully they'll be here soon.
I'll probably call swfa when the in-stock stuff I ordered gets delivered.

JGRaider

WKR
Currently running a Tikka 695 7Mag (since 1998), wears a Leupy VX6, a Tikka T3 7-08 with Leupy VX3 3-10x42, Tikka CTR in 6.5CM wears a LRHSI, Tikka t3X 6.5CM LRHSi.

OP
sbaker0029
BTW. You posted this picture in a different thread and although simple, it's my favorite gun I've ever seen on RS, even over the custom stuff. Not sure why I like it so much but it's bad ass. I want one to make one similar in 300wsm.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
I can't agree more. It's such a slick setup, simple and clean.
Something like that us what I'm shooting for.