Tikka Barrel Removal and Install Tool Swap Thread

Checking on status of rental resuming or if anyone is local in AZ that could assist. Thanks

Unreal generosity fellas.
UPDATE: I now have an internal Tikka action wrench as well.

-J
I’m in still trying to figure out which way I want to go with my build, but I’m in Idaho Falls and will likely be hitting you up.

Unreal generosity fellas.

I’m in still trying to figure out which way I want to go with my build, but I’m in Idaho Falls and will likely be hitting you up.
Heck yeah bud. If you can get yourself to the airport I'm happy to pick you up at Aeromark and save you the drive.

-J

Heck yeah bud. If you can get yourself to the airport I'm happy to pick you up at Aeromark and save you the drive.

-J
Wait.. am I reading this right? If I get to Aeromark, then you’ll fly me to go do the barrel swap? Or am I dumb and misunderstood?

Hey @gtriple

Looks like I could use your Wheeler action wrench and barrel vise if they are available. Any idea what the wait looks like?

Also, if anyone has a line on go / no go gauges for .223 rem I'd be grateful.

If your barrel is shooting well, I'd probably go the latter route (Kampfeld, LRI, Twisted Barrel, UM). Small sample size but my PVA and Proof pre-fits don't shoot as well as my factory Tikka barrels.

-J

Has anyone tried the SAC short action customs tikka internal action wrench? I have a PMA barrel vise and some Remington action wrenches but I’m getting ready to pull a 7 rem mag barrel off a tikka to chamber a 6.5max and need a good internal wrench but starting to think maybe a wrench I can switch between receiver could be nice. I don’t know anyone personally that owns one

Bugholes internal wrench and viper/pma vise.
Have you been able to remove factory barrels with the internal wrench? I thought most people were having to use the wheeler external wrench to break loose the factory barrel.

I’m in the Denver metro and am considering re-barreling a 300 WM tikka to something lighter, so I may take you up on your offer.

Back