Tikka Barrel Removal and Install Tool Swap Thread

GACory

FNG
Looking for an internal action wrench and possibly 308 family go/ no go gauges in the North Georgia area (Canton).

Edit: I’m installing a new barrel, not removing one.

Last edited:

robtattoo

WKR
I've got Savage barrel & Action wrenches, plus a set of 6.5x55 go/no-go gauges if anyone needs.
Same deal. $25 shipping + $5 to Rokslide

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Based on the discussion from the Semi-Custom Tikka thread, I want to offer up my tools that I'm no longer using to others to remove their factory barrels and install new ones.

Here's what I've got and the cost to replace:
Wheeler Action Wrench #1 - $80
PMA Gen II Barrel Vise - $87
Bugholes Tikka Internal Action Wrench - $97
Torque Wrench (up to 80 ft-lb) w/ bit - $50
Some leather from Hobby Lobby

Full cost to replace = $314

I think some others might be willing to include go/no-go gauges if needed. If there's other items that are needed, feel free to post below and we can include them all together.

I'll figure out the cheapest shipping option this week and update this thread. I'm hoping it will be about $25-30 round-trip.

The deal will be that the "buyer" pays shipping from and back to me plus makes a $5 donation to Rokslide to keep the Classifieds free.

If you have good feedback here, I won't charge anything up-front. If you are newer, then you'll need to pay me the full cost to replace prior to shipping then I will refund you once I get the items back.

I'm local to Charlotte, NC and can loan them out locally too.

IF YOU BREAK IT, YOU REPLACE IT.
That is damn awesome of you! I read your comments/thoughts about sharing your tools in the custom Tikka thread and thought to myself "no way this guy is gonna follow thru". You proved me wrong. Good on you!

Awesome thing you’re doing! Hope to need some help in the future! Thanks for offering this to people!

sprink

FNG
Based on the discussion from the Semi-Custom Tikka thread, I want to offer up my tools that I'm no longer using to others to remove their factory barrels and install new ones.

Here's what I've got and the cost to replace:
Wheeler Action Wrench #1 - $80
PMA Gen II Barrel Vise - $87
Bugholes Tikka Internal Action Wrench - $97
Torque Wrench (up to 80 ft-lb) w/ bit - $50
Some leather from Hobby Lobby

Full cost to replace = $314

I think some others might be willing to include go/no-go gauges if needed. If there's other items that are needed, feel free to post below and we can include them all together.

I'll figure out the cheapest shipping option this week and update this thread. I'm hoping it will be about $25-30 round-trip.

The deal will be that the "buyer" pays shipping from and back to me plus makes a $5 donation to Rokslide to keep the Classifieds free.

If you have good feedback here, I won't charge anything up-front. If you are newer, then you'll need to pay me the full cost to replace prior to shipping then I will refund you once I get the items back.

I'm local to Charlotte, NC and can loan them out locally too.

IF YOU BREAK IT, YOU REPLACE IT.
I’m interested in renting your barrel vice and internal Tikka action wrench. I understand that I’m new to this forum and have no problem you holding the full purchase price until they’re returned.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I've got a #1 wheeler and Viper barrel vise here in Star Valley Wyoming. Anyone local is welcome to come by the shop and use for free. Shipping is a nightmare for me out here, but I respect the guys who are doing it!

-J
UPDATE: I now have an internal Tikka action wrench as well.

-J

qotsa23

FNG
Love this support for the DIY approach. I may be removing a barrel in the near future and appreciate what folks are offering here.

arrow179

WKR
current setup:

Tikka SS long action bolt stop (.300 WM donor)
Carbon6 19” 7RSAUM 1:8
Stocky’s VG2 Tikka
Mountain Tactical bottom metal
Yo-Dave trigger spring
Mark5HD 3.6-18x44
9F0FC838-CA5E-463E-8BF4-77CF664AE4A9.jpeg

Clarktar

WKR
I'd like to get in line if possible. Need to remove a barrel, get it re-chambered then re-install...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

sprink

FNG
Huge thank you to gtriple! Just got my barrel torqued to the action tonight as soon as I got home from work. In my excitement I wasn’t careful enough and got a small marr mark but I’m sure it’ll see worse nicks this elk season. Guess this is why I can’t have nice things lol. Again thank you very much gtriple!

Attachments

• 0DF51B8D-CDCC-48B0-97CF-01E62524FCFB.jpeg
    0DF51B8D-CDCC-48B0-97CF-01E62524FCFB.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 83

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Anyone around southwest montana that has a barrel vice and action wrench for a tikka?
I’m not far from there in Etna WY. If it’s not time sensitive maybe you could wait until I have a flying mission to Bozeman in a few weeks?

-J

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Huge thank you to gtriple! Just got my barrel torqued to the action tonight as soon as I got home from work. In my excitement I wasn’t careful enough and got a small marr mark but I’m sure it’ll see worse nicks this elk season. Guess this is why I can’t have nice things lol. Again thank you very much gtriple!
Lookin good!