Tikka 223 problem

OP
M

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
It's an 8 twist.
I am somewhat close to UM and Kampfeld.
Other than that no real access to a bore scope.
I'm not unwilling to rebarrel or something. Just don't really have the funds and would much rather spend that money on a suppressor or ammo.

Was using cheap brass
The last 40 rounds or so were new starline.
I'm not %100 my loading is super refined. However I've hand loaded for years and never had a problem. Doesn't mean it isn't what's happening.
What bullets are you using? Mine didn’t like 75 elds much. Not 3”+ bad but didn’t like em enough for me. 73 elds and 55 sbk shoot well.

I've tried 5 different loads or so with 3 different powders
Tac,varget,reloader15
77tmk and 80 eldm
It was also a new takeoff from j&a
Have you gone against the modern grain and tried a lighter bullet? My ctr barrel doesn't shoot the heavies as well as the lighter stuff.
I favor the 52gr smk. Out to 300yds it's very accurate in my ctr barrel. .5 to .75 moa for 10rds. The speed you can get with them makes up for lack of bc at shorter distances.

I've had 2 factory tikka barrels in 223. Tikka chambers are so consistent that 1x fired brass from the lite barrel fit into the ctr barrel after neck sizing it. They shot about the same. Slight edge to the ctr on longer strings.

I would also go over the entire rifle before calling it the barrels fault.

Oh and dude clean the damn thing
Mine always shoots better when it's clean despite the no ***** given thing some people have on here.

TaperPin

WKR
If a carbon ring has built up, it might not come out with normal cleaning - you definitely need to find a friend with a borescope.

I’d also confirm the twist rate with a cleaning rod.

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
Don't clean it. I got ambitious one winter and cleaned the bore in all my rifles. Never again. Guns that shot 1moa opened up to 5-6moa. Took 30-40 rds to settle them down. Also, take a look at your crown. Had a burr on a crown bite me in the butt too.