The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Spoonbill

WKR
any of you oil gurus care to predict what's going to happen in the next few months with PR or others?
Just a guess but if the debt ceiling deal passes and pipeline projects get approved, then oil companies may see profits go up. Flip side to that is if pipelines get approved and crude prices go down then oil stocks get hammered.

Beendare

WKR
Aff, we're in a shit market, plain and simple. The people in control are systemically destroying the economy and they aren't worried about that. The average 401k retirement acct has been destroyed.
Sad situation and dark times.

PRs numbers look good, but overall the O&G sector is getting pummeled pretty good right now. I'm setting an 11.80 sell order and won't touch it. Should have bailed at 12.05 but I was swamped with life stuff and ranch work, calves etc. Given the latest divi payout, I'll adjust my sell order down a bit and will wait.

Hopefully June for an exit! Tired of watching this market implode while the senile First Perv eats his ice cream.
Agreed, Excellent commentary 👏👏👏

I’ve been blessed with a few big winners holding me up; trtn, nvda
but the broad market looks ugly. I’m going to sell some of my longer-term winners to offset some of my losers and go to bonds.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for advice

Wife inherited 18,000 shares of Horizon what would you do with it?

View attachment 558270
It looks to currently be paying an excellent dividend. If it doesn’t get changed it may out perform the market. Looks like they are being brought down by false quarterly reports which is terrible. I personally would ride it out to $15 and move on. May take some time I imagine. My 2c

Anyone looking at SLDP? I don't do as much research as I should but I have big expectations for this stock in the coming years.
Own it.

Solid Power has better tech than Quantumscape.

Quantumscape was focused on energy density, but ignored manufacturability.

Their test cells are all hand assembled. The seperator is brittle.

SolidPower designed around reel to reel manufacturing, the same process used in conventional battery production. They are much closer to going into production.

Own it.

Solid Power has better tech than Quantumscape.

Quantumscape was focused on energy density, but ignored manufacturability.

Their test cells are all hand assembled. The seperator is brittle.

SolidPower designed around reel to reel manufacturing, the same process used in conventional battery production. They are much closer to going into production.
I thought they were in the news recently saying they solved the brittle issue.

Got a link? I haven't been keeping up recently.

Sldp was doing reel to reel last year on a midsized machine and was going full scale this year.
I dont. I came across an article on them a little while ago and I thought it was about them solving the issue but it could have been a different thing all together.

JungleDan

Lil-Rokslider
so I was up 25% on my portfolio for 2 minutes this morning

I didn't know what to do

i'm now up 1% on my portfolio

oh well

Been out of the loop for a while... seems like the consensus of the market from the past few pages, is pretty cautious and most people holding on to cash (other than a few plays)?

Finally accruing money now that I'm graduated and have a job, and looking to put money somewhere instead of in a savings account. Typical SPY / VTI / VOO seems like a safe long term plan, anything else to really look at to diversify or keep an eye out on?