The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

go_deep

WKR
Bought a few hundred GLOP at $3.35 last week, looks like that's working out already!

Last edited:

JungleDan

Lil-Rokslider
using some oil earnings to grab stuff like MTTR- getting in under 7 and it has been as high as 37 before

Johnboy

WKR
@Broomd - What effect would an oil embargo against Russia have on our favorite tickers if Biden makes any such announcement today? Any thoughts on that?

No, ship has sailed Oil and gas would be risky to enter right now. Most are up 50-100% in a few months.
Yeah, but isn't WTI up another 8% today and looking to reach 150 or even $200 before this is over? Honest question.

just realized i have 7 shares of GTE in a very old Robinhood account LOL so i got that goin for me.
See you on the moon brother!

Anyone else here riding the VET wave? I believe it was around $10 when I first mentioned it here, it hit $30 and climbing this morning. That's in canadian pesos but I'm not complaining, between that and GTE I'm smiling today. Saw this article last week, no idea how credible the author is but my stop losses have been set, adjusted and readjusted, currently keeping me eyes on things and riding it out. https://seekingalpha.com/article/4491589-vermilion-energy-stock-shareholders-going-to-get-paid

CorbLand

WKR
Is it still worth getting in on PGAS or GTE?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
GTE still has potential but the risk is higher than it was a week or two ago. If things keep going the way they are 2.50 to 3.00 are not out of the question but it can change really quick. Depends on what level of risk tolerance you have.

lak2004

WKR
GTE still has potential but the risk is higher than it was a week or two ago. If things keep going the way they are 2.50 to 3.00 are not out of the question but it can change really quick. Depends on what level of risk tolerance you have.
I'm losing money everywhere else, so may as well take a gamble!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Looks like BORR is getting ready to hit my stop loss.

EDIT. BORR hit my stop loss. Feels good to pull 30% off that one. Held that one for a long time.

Last edited:

go_deep

WKR
Yeah, but isn't WTI up another 8% today and looking to reach 150 or even $200 before this is over? Honest question.

I do not believe the ship has sailed.
This is one thousand percent uncharted territory though, we could see a wild run straight up for a couple more weeks or days, or over night this whole thing could crash and burn like the Hindenburg.

Broomd

WKR
@Broomd - What effect would an oil embargo against Russia have on our favorite tickers if Biden makes any such announcement today? Any thoughts on that?
The obvious answer to me is that we continue the upward movement. This stuff is complex, way above my paygrade, but lack of supply puts more dependence on domestic supply. More drilling, more rigs online, more production. The SPR can only last so long.
The caveat is getting into bed with Iran, KSA, and other ME bad actors for more imports here and abroad.
In a sane administration and world, NATO would call on countries like ours for more domestic production for our own needs---and we'd outsource oil and NG to Germany and others. These euro-idiots had the ability to be more self reliant with nuke and shale production, but about 15 years ago their high priests of climate change nixed all of it.

Globally we're in deep sh t with energy, and it was all predictable to everyone here. Out there? Idiots.

Use your own risk tolerance. The best time to be in oil was months ago.

The old adage buy the rumor sell the news always seems to ring true for me.
Fair enough, and I agree. Go_deep is right on too. Just trying to garner wisdom.
UEC was on my list and I sold way early... crazy how one comment from Musk about Europe needing to get back into nuclear can send that one soaring... I think it's topped out now too but, I was wrong a few weeks ago, sooo???