The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
If a guy had some money to put into SPY and QQQ for a long term hold (25yrs) would you do it now or wait on a dip. I should have already put it in 6 months ago

They best way to buy anything long term is to dollar cost avg, because nobody knows the top or bottom. If you were to buy a starter at some point, then add day every single paycheck or once a month what ever long term for the next 10 years that’s the safest, pretty much what out 401k’s do.

I still see downside with current world problems, but who knows, housing is crazy, oil over $100 in sight (people are buying $200 Dec 2022 oil calls now!), inflation, China in a disaster right now.

I’m just playing day by day, react to each days news I guess. I still don’t have it mastered, but I’m bound and determined to get it down!

This is some current happenings in China, that makes me a little nervous! Basically tied us for largest economy

9a372c9efbc8d1258f9af14772384710.jpg

585c01b7c27636ff39e130664892103d.jpg

Johnboy

WKR
They best way to buy anything long term is to dollar cost avg, because nobody knows the top or bottom. If you were to buy a starter at some point, then add day every single paycheck or once a month what ever long term for the next 10 years that’s the safest, pretty much what out 401k’s do.

I still see downside with current world problems, but who knows, housing is crazy, oil over $100 in sight (people are buying $200 Dec 2022 oil calls now!), inflation, China in a disaster right now.

I’m just playing day by day, react to each days news I guess. I still don’t have it mastered, but I’m bound and determined to get it down!

This is some current happenings in China, that makes me a little nervous! Basically tied us for largest economy

9a372c9efbc8d1258f9af14772384710.jpg

585c01b7c27636ff39e130664892103d.jpg
Coop, what oil stocks would you suggest for such a run coming into winter? I currently hold BORR, CDEV, CPE, FET, GTE and XOM, in no particular order. BORR is the only turd in the bowl at the moment.

EastMT

WKR
I’m not a very good oil guy, Broomed is the man there. I don’t have the paytience for those long ones, I let the smart people managing my 401k handle that stuff!

Broomd

WKR
@Broomd, as the resident oil tycoon, any thoughts on this question?
Ha, I wish.
John, you gotta be sitting on some great gains at this point...
I'm watching my O&G closely. Coop mentioned $200 oil, if it hits even half of that the gains in your portforlio should be meteoric. With the current WTI the companies are paying down debt, some are even talking divi's and share buybacks. We could be in for an historic oIl bull run. Natural gas is at time highs, Europe is out of gas, it's a disaster over there. ....OPEC this week will determine the next step.

The whole market feels like it could implode in the next year and yet we still hear from many who warn to not be on the sidelines when the DOW hits 40K by EOY '22.
I wish I had the answers, but oil should be safe for some time. IMHO.

Magic 8 ball.....

1633199408387.png

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
Second Evergrande debt payment is due in late October. If they miss the date the ripple could be epic. Their liabilities alone are reportedly 3-4 percent of China's entire GDP. According to the Hudson institute, non-bank debt in China has exploded to 160% of GDP. 160%! That's ridiculous.

Broomd

WKR
Good news/bad news...
Bad news first, as AMPY which was killing it, will be liable for yesterdays spill off of Kali. *^&^%!

Good news,
WTI Crude
+2.21 (+2.91%)

Guess Cathy Wood is fulla sh t. OPEC+ sticks with their plan.

Might we see $8 with CDEV this week?
BORR, GTE etc. up....

Good news/bad news...
Bad news first, as AMPY which was killing it, will be liable for yesterdays spill off of Kali. *^&^%!

Good news,
WTI Crude
+2.21 (+2.91%)

Guess Cathy Wood is fulla sh t. OPEC+ sticks with their plan.

Might we see $8 with CDEV this week?
BORR, GTE etc. up....

Back in 2010, I bought BP during their oil spill dip. As a long term hold, it worked out well. They price came back up after the uncertainty of the lawsuits were settled.

I will be following this one closely.

Broomd

WKR
Anyone getting brave and buying AMPY at 50% off?
"Officials are looking into whether a ship's anchor may have struck an oil pipeline on the ocean floor, causing a major leak of crude into waters off Orange County."
More....
"Amplify Energy Corp. is getting close to “a source and a cause” of the incident, which may have been caused by a ship’s anchor, Chief Executive Officer Martyn Willsher said at a press conference Monday. The spill that began on Saturday dumped about 3,000 barrels (126,000 gallons) of crude into the Pacific Ocean near the seaside community of Huntington Beach, which hosted the U.S. Open of Surfing last week."

This makes sense as AMPY's CEO stated that the company just had conducted a mandated recent inspection of their pipeline and infrastructure.
Given that this is California any semblance of common sense and proper investigation is out the door. Jumping to conclusion is the way they roll.

Edit: NTSB is involved, hopefully we get straight answers without political or green bullshit conjecture etc. whoever was at fault.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
Update...

LOS ANGELES — The Coast Guard is investigating whether a large commercial ship set anchor in the wrong location, damaging an oil pipeline and causing a spill that threatens Laguna Beach, Newport Beach and other Orange County coastal cities, an official familiar with the investigation said Monday.

The pipeline was dragged as much as 150 feet by the anchor, the official said. Vessels are given anchor points to ensure pipelines are avoided. Coast Guard investigators are examining whether the ship’s captain was aware of the dragging.

Okhotnik

WKR
Hopefully this energy run will last til end of October. Hoping for 30 per cent gains.

I wish I had more free cash back in August to pick up deals. Might be some good tech deals if this energy run continues. Staying away from China stocks for now