The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Everyone is saying it’s on sale. Why’s it down? Why’s it going back up?

It’s been down lately since musk came out and said Tesla wasn’t going to accept bitcoin as a form of payment afterall in late may because bitcoin mining is not environmentally friendly enough. But it fluctuates due to many factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is saying it’s on sale. Why’s it down? Why’s it going back up?

Looking at the weekly for most crypto they are down from 25-30%, for me that’s a good time to buy in. Like was stated musk said stuff about crypto and the environment and China kicking out miners, which isn’t the first time they’ve done it. As well as other things.

For me nothing about it has changed so I’m scooping them up at low prices.

Just wondering who's taking advantage of this little dip in the market to buy some stocks on sale?

I like cruise lines. Carnivals always a good company and the Oil companies are getting hit.
Not sure what you're talking about. The market is literally at an all time high. Some stocks have dipped, but that's normal.

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what you're talking about. The market is literally at an all time high. Some stocks have dipped, but that's normal.

giphy.gif

jlh42581

WKR
Took 4.80 credits on my 7/02 48C DKNG which was up from purchase of 3.60, held the contracts and rolled them from the same EXP to $52, lets see how it plays

4dcfries

FNG
Just wondering who's taking advantage of this little dip in the market to buy some stocks on sale?

I like cruise lines. Carnivals always a good company and the Oil companies are getting hit.
I would hesitate to recommend to anyone what to do with the stock market (as i re read this I am laughing as I filled the next paragraph with recommendations!). I personally have been very successful at investing both for the long term and for short opportunities. I retired from working within the private banking world in family office divisions so I have seen a few wild things regarding investing. The old rule in putting long term money to work is never time the market…that being said strategic buying on individual stocks can reap wonderful results. I might look for attractive dividends with quality companies. For those who do not have the background in how to either purchase or hedge positions it will in fact come down to gambling. Warren Buffet recommends that you just buy the index’s and hold long term. Wise advice. If you feel uncertain about the prices, commit to a strategy of buying a percentage each month/quarter and just do it. If I do short term pops I limit my exposure to 2 percent of my portfolio net worth and always know how to hedge and have an exit strategy.
Hope some of this helps. I so enjoy this community of hunters and in my elder years wish I had spent more time bow hunting or fly fishing. Party on Garth.