The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
What is the likely hood of GTE getting acquired? They continue to reduce their debt and are located in an area with off shore exploration doing quite well. Any chance one of the big boys would buy them? I haven't heard much for consolidation in this market for Oil and Gas. Or im not reading the right stuff.

BBob

WKR

Oasis Petroleum Inc. Announces Expected Redemption of OMP Common Units and Declares $4.00 per Share Special Dividend

PR Newswire

HOUSTON, June 29, 2021

HOUSTON, June 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NASDAQ: OAS) ("Oasis" or the "Company") announced today that upon the closing of the offering by Oasis Midstream Partners LP (NASDAQ: OMP) of 3,623,188 of its common units at a price of $24 per unit (the "Offering"), OMP would use the proceeds of the Offering to redeem an equal number of common units held by a subsidiary Oasis (the "Redemption"). The closing of the Offering and the Redemption are scheduled to occur today, June 29, 2021. The Offering was designed to improve OMP's liquidity while highlighting the value of Oasis's ownership. OMP remains a valuable and important asset to Oasis. In connection with the Offering, the Redemption will reduce Oasis's approximate ownership from 77.1% to 69.6%.

Additionally, Oasis declared a special dividend of $4.00 per share. The special dividend is payable July 21, 2021 to stockholders of record as of July 9, 2021. Oasis continues to expect increasing its fixed dividend 33% to $2.00 per share (on an annualized basis) upon closing of its previously announced Williston acquisition in late July.

"OMP's public offering and redemption of common units held by Oasis, together with Oasis' announcement of a $4.00 per share special dividend are consistent with our core strategy of emphasizing strong returns and value creation while returning cash to shareholders," said Danny Brown, Oasis's Chief Executive Officer. "The OMP common unit offering accomplishes the mutually beneficial objectives of increasing OMP's public ownership and liquidity while highlighting the value of Oasis's ownership. Oasis will continue to evaluate strategies to increase visibility into its ownership in OMP and close the current sum of the parts discount imbedded in its stock price. As Oasis generates significant free cash flow, it remains committed to returning cash to shareholders."

Broomd

WKR

Oasis Petroleum Inc. Announces Expected Redemption of OMP Common Units and Declares $4.00 per Share Special Dividend

PR Newswire

HOUSTON, June 29, 2021

HOUSTON, June 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NASDAQ: OAS) ("Oasis" or the "Company") announced today that upon the closing of the offering by Oasis Midstream Partners LP (NASDAQ: OMP) of 3,623,188 of its common units at a price of $24 per unit (the "Offering"), OMP would use the proceeds of the Offering to redeem an equal number of common units held by a subsidiary Oasis (the "Redemption"). The closing of the Offering and the Redemption are scheduled to occur today, June 29, 2021. The Offering was designed to improve OMP's liquidity while highlighting the value of Oasis's ownership. OMP remains a valuable and important asset to Oasis. In connection with the Offering, the Redemption will reduce Oasis's approximate ownership from 77.1% to 69.6%.

Additionally, Oasis declared a special dividend of $4.00 per share. The special dividend is payable July 21, 2021 to stockholders of record as of July 9, 2021. Oasis continues to expect increasing its fixed dividend 33% to $2.00 per share (on an annualized basis) upon closing of its previously announced Williston acquisition in late July.
Wait, what?!
Damn, now I see why OK is holding 5000 shares plus! :)

I'm holding 500 of OMP, might have to double that. If I'm reading this right, $4 per share divi payout by late July??
Thanks for the DD, Bob, always excellent stuff----indebted to you for it.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Wait, what?!

I'm holding 500 of OMP, might have to double that. If I'm reading this right, $4 per share divi payout by late July??

Is it OMP holders getting the dividend? Or OAS holders?

BBob

WKR
I'm reading it as an OAS dividend.

Oasis Petroleum (NASDAQ: OAS) declared a special dividend of $4.00 per share.

The dividend will be payable on July 21, 2021, to stockholders of record on July 9, 2021, with an ex-dividend date of July 8, 2021.

Oasis continues to expect increasing its fixed dividend 33% to $2.00 per share (on an annualized basis) upon closing of its previously announced Williston acquisition in late July.

BBob

WKR
Wait, what?!

I could have posted that up with a little more clarity. OAS took a big dip yesterday and I added early today on the rebound so it was on watch on the news ticker.

BBob

WKR
OMP just took a quick pop to 24.45 AH. That puts it over resistance now support and clears the way ahead a bit. If it holds and moves on from there tomorrow we just might be in business!

Edit: Well it didn't hold and it looks like more profit taking on open with OG this morning. OPEC meetings tomorrow probably driving this.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
LKNCY Luckin Coffee finally seeing some daylight, up 25%.
SHs have been waiting on financials for many months. Looking for $23 per minimum, with relist.

NDGuy

WKR
In Sept XLU calls in case of market downturn money should flow into utilities

Pflum

FNG
I sold about half of my small position in POWW about a month ago. It had been stagnant for a while and I needed some cash, so figured I'd have time to buy it back. Literally the next day it started cruising up lol. At least i l kept half

WoodDuck

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like the short and distort is fizzling out for RECAF. There may be another attempt or two to drive share price down, but lots of potential catalysts in July.

1. Completion of exploratory well 2
2. Start of 2D seismic
3. Core sample analysis from first 2 wells

Still a risky play, but the upside potential is huge and the RECAF team has been spot on so far. The next month could be exciting.

WTI
Day's Range
73.39 - 76.11

PGAS showing some legs....
Yeah. It fizzled super quick and volume dried up, but maybe it will come back. I was up above my avg there for a min and have too many shares and was hoping to offload some, but didn't pull the trigger.

Okhotnik

WKR

hope everyone added more to o&G the past few days. LPI, WLL, TGA, SU, CNQ doing really well. Bought into cdev again at 6.71 yesterday. . like crack

slowly getting back on omp. Looking at jumping in some in WISH today. obviously risky

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
OMP trying :)
OAS moving well. I'll bet Ex Div players looking at the $4 div helping to drive this.

Edit: OMP toying with and bouncing between previous support and resistance today. Maybe it'll break but I'll bet it sticks here today and consolidates more.

Last edited: