The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
Today was SOLID!!! I made a great profit. Here is to hoping tomorrow is the same!!!! Call me Optimistic, but I would rather be that than pessimistic like all these Doom and Gloomers!

I’m not doom n glooming, just want a bigger dip so I can make more hahaha. I’d like to double it, not a nibble! The only reason I have what I have is because of 2007-2009. When I started my 401k I didn’t pick funds so it went in the safe one. In 2009 I logged on to see how much I’d lost, it was all safe. Tossed her in the market, over 400% since 2009.

If it hits 10,000, I’m buying the booze all night long. We can toast with a selfie stick so we don’t become felons!

How are you guys thinking about tomorrow job report on the oil stocks? They are pretty beat up with prices and the Saudi/Russia deal, do you think what will inevitably be a terrible jobs report will crush it even deeper? Or do you think it’s baked in?

I’m looking at going long on CVX, and a smaller risky position on HAL, and OXY...which is why I am thinking about it...

EastMT

WKR
I think when the jobs report comes in, it’s going to shock. It should be an all time record, like over a million new claims. I think the record is 600k in 2009.

Home loan apps dropped 30% last month, that’s gonna be rough as well.

Gonna be wild for awhile yet

NDGuy

WKR
Yeah I wouldn't buy today. Wait for unemployment numbers to come out tomorrow we haven't hit bottom at all.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
We haven't seen any real pessimism in this market yet, as far as I've seen. It's hard to bottom when everyone is still looking to buy the dips. Having said that, I did buy the SLV a week ago. It's up 20% since. I also added to HD and will continue to do so when it drops again.

Doesn’t the jobs report have a month delay? If so, Next months report is gonna be the real hurt locker.
I’m new to all this and finally liquid enough to play.

Last edited:
I agree with incoming volatility that you guys are concerned with. I am def holding out most of my cash right now.

Oil just keeps pulling at me thinking its crushed about as hard as it can get, but I guess theres always room to go lower. CVX is the one I am most interested in putting a big position in.

I hope I made some good choices with what I have bought... JNJ @ $118, got some OXY at just under $10, and JPM at around $88. I am hoping those pay off down the road, now just waiting and trying to be patient like the rest of you!

Okhotnik

WKR
Cashed out and took profits. Invest more in Boeing, Ford, ATT, Nuveen and Alaska air, southwest in a few days when or if market correction.

Seeing if everyone is taking out profits.

Cashed out and took profits. Invest more in Boeing, Ford, ATT, Nuveen and Alaska air, southwest in a few days when or if market correction.

Seeing if everyone is taking out profits.

I’m waiting, doubled my money on United. Waiting for boeing to take a hit and I’ll dump more into that. March unemployment report gets posted April 3, I’m betting the market will see a pretty good drop then.

Waiting for occidental to surge but might be awhile. However, my american airlines and norwegian cruiselines both have gained a few bucks the last two days.

Okhotnik

WKR
I balked last week on IMAC Holdings. Only bought a 200 shares. Ouch Should have bought a few thousand. oh welll

Broomd

WKR
I agree with incoming volatility that you guys are concerned with. I am def holding out most of my cash right now.

Oil just keeps pulling at me thinking its crushed about as hard as it can get, but I guess theres always room to go lower. CVX is the one I am most interested in putting a big position in.

I hope I made some good choices with what I have bought... JNJ @ $118, got some OXY at just under $10, and JPM at around $88. I am hoping those pay off down the road, now just waiting and trying to be patient like the rest of you!
Yep, be patient, you'll be rewarded. ....MRO is worth a look too.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Been buying and selling MSFT call options on the volitility

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk