The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Tagalong

FNG
Bought some Boeing. Risky but cheap. Putting some more in t rowe price dividend growth fund. Glad I sold most of my shopify at 480. Probably but it again if it looks to level out under 300.

I'm positioned short..the news release that they are planning to pay for everyone's salary that cant go to work and has to work from home has me worried. I think that's going to hurt us long term as far as debt loads but may smooth the near term out if the virus runs through quickly.

It may also create a ticking time bomb where if we are hit hard and for a long duration the bill keeps racking up. Kind of like drilling a water well where you pay per foot until you hit water...we've drilled 300ft, still no water, your bill is currently X, want to keep going?

ODB

WKR
Buying a house right now scares me more than getting the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat. Lots of risks going on, but with a good cash pillow when prices drop, might be a once in a generation opportunity.

Old_Navy

Lil-Rokslider
The worse part is yet to come, Commercial paper, IE:
corporate Debt is around 9 T. $ or about 46 % of GDP.
Which is worse that it was in 2008. That was only a liquidity
credit problem. The Us economy is consumer driven, if
people have to stay home & not work , spending is going to drop
and cash flow will cripple the retail side.
Airlines are already taking out Billion dollar loans just to cover
day to day operations. My money guy & I have restructured
everything looking toward a 5 yr window for recovery.
Moved a load of cash into Ultra Short Term ETF's
They don't pay alot, but they are'nt subject to wild
swings. Picked up MSFT, AMD, & BRK-B
to hold long term. Still under water by about 10%
YTD. But I went way conservative at the end of last year.

Well, I branched out and finally stuck my toe in the water. Never bought stocks before. Friday I opened a Vanguard brokerage account with cash I had sitting in a savings account, and bought my first stocks during a dip.
My boys and I picked AAPL, MSFT, AMZN, and BRK-B.
Figure they will drop more over the next month and we’ll buy some more each week on the way down and then on the way back up.
Heck, I wasn’t making anything in the savings account, and we plan on opening accounts for the boys and moving their picks when they turn 18.
Now to learn about ETF’s....

You’re a braver man than I getting into oil stocks right now. Get ready for that dividend to get cut.

I know absolutely nothing about trading but it has a 52 week high of 83 and it’s been around 35. Not sure what’s going on with the Saudi oil but I work in the oil industry in Boston harbor and I’ve never seen so many ships and barges, everyone is buying low. Buddy works offshore drilling for Chevron and they are balls to the wall. Way I look at it is Exxon isn’t going anywhere may be the lowest entry point I’ll ever see. It hasn’t been this low since the late 90’s. The company I work for is around 10/share down from 21 and they have zero concerns of making it through this, in 08 it went down to 9/share and in a few years it was 44 with a good dividend. But who knows

4ester

WKR
Exxon isn’t going anywhere, as well as the other larger oil and gas companies that are somewhat diversified. When all this fear has passed people are gonna want to gas up their cars and travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoKid

WKR
Just wondering who's taking advantage of this little dip in the market to buy some stocks on sale?

I like cruise lines. Carnivals always a good company and the Oil companies are getting hit.
Just wondering who's taking advantage of this little dip in the market to buy some stocks on sale?

I like cruise lines. Carnivals always a good company and the Oil companies are getting hit.

I am not a financial genius but as Warren Buffet said years ago: "Try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful.".

MHO is the market will go down further and the long term economic effect of the virus on trade and profit margins will make for some opportunity. But as I am lousy as an investor, I will probably go with:. Walmart, Costco and Berkshire B.

Morrid7

FNG
I’m not an investment manager, but it seems like shorting an ETF of retail stocks and buying Amazon and Walmart might be a good, albeit crowded, trade for this market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
End of the day Believe in America.

I left a lot on the table being scared during the Obama years. Just some nice companies you'd like to own and then get back to enjoying life. IMO

Get time to get young people in to IRA's also. IMO