The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Johnboy

WKR
Interesting take from the clan at Stocktwits on CDEV, and worth the consideration...Okhotnik alluded to this:

Some of us have had iron hands with this one, but with the profound re-cycling and huge upside lost, maybe it is time to rethink.
Broomd, what are you referring to from Stocktwits? All I ever see in any of those stock boards is rocketships and rhetoric. I'm finding that website to be almost useless, aside from a select few who are clearly experienced.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting take from the clan at Stocktwits on CDEV, and worth the consideration...Okhotnik alluded to this:

Some of us have had iron hands with this one, but with the profound re-cycling and huge upside lost, maybe it is time to rethink.
I didn’t want to be the Debbie downer of the group a couple days ago, but I wanted to say y’all are crazy to not take profits above $2. CDEV has been down trending for years and at that level it was nearing pre-flu levels, as well as majorly overbought. It really does need to be treated like other penny stocks where you have huge upswings, only to give it back. I’m pretty sure I’d throw up if I bought in at $.30 and just watched it come back down from 2.40. Alas, everyone has different strategies and I wish nothing but the best!

ckleeves

WKR

The last time two times it’s ran I have sold and bought back in. Didn’t this time and regretting it. I thought this was the time it was gonna get up and stay up but that’s clearly not the case. Fool me once...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
You have to follow a couple decent people and ignore the rest. Many are scalpers, in and out. Some like FredADavis posts good long holds. I follow about 15 people on there, the good few with notifications so I can jump immediately if necessary.

Depending on futures tonight, I’m going to pick up option calls on VLO, HAL, and CCL in the morning. I may add to some of my oil stocks PM if they don’t run up too much.

EastMT

WKR
I’m with you on this one, I can’t remember what I sold at now, but cashed out. Bought in yesterday at $1.40, with today wasn’t happy so sold out again at $1.40. I think CDEV is a swing play, wait for a dip, buy hold sell, repeat.

It just doesn’t have a long term trend of shooting up, unless oil goes to $100, then maybe.

Broomd

WKR
Broomd, what are you referring to from Stocktwits? All I ever see in any of those stock boards is rocketships and rhetoric. I'm finding that website to be almost useless, aside from a select few who are clearly experienced.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Yeah there can be some mundane stuff; I look for links, futures updates, insider insight with the stock. I've learned a ton, in spite of a few boneheads there. Just the fact that many there have held this stock through fluctuation is commendable.
Whatever one thinks about the wash-rinse-repeat stuff, my CDEV is still up $15K due to my long hold of this stock--in spite of a 1860 down day.
That's down consdierably on my sheet, but I have 100% faith that it'll be back soon enough. This stock was $3.52 in February, it will be $3+ soon enough, Sept/Oct.? ..hell, it could be next month.

Part of the problem is the endless shorting on a stock that's trying to gain traction.

One last thing...all of these shales were trending down pre-covid. Some of these Permian stocks are solid companies that were pushed into a perfect storm.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
Why? Are you worried they won't come back up again??
No I was selling my work mutual funds so I could invest it all in VOO, VGT, VTI, and FSKAX lol glad I had good luck so I am going to wait to see what happens today.

EastMT

WKR
I’m looking at buying some CLSK on a dip to around $2. Seems to have a history of jumps to $4, so I’ll set first sale for 60% to sell at $3, set the last 40% to sell at $4. If it reaches $4 off hours and starts to dip I’ll go ahead and sell the rest. That’s all if I get in for about $2
46914b724ebbc1bcca83ec45ceab7975.jpg

Okhotnik

WKR
Looks like a fairly strong climb back in pre trading. The five per cent or more declines usually recover quickly based on history of market. Hopefully some of you picked up deals yesterday. Watch it'll probably drop again today. lol

Attachments

• stock market.jpg
    stock market.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 60

Bobbyboe

WKR
Is today a bull trap? Seems like quite a large bounce off of yesterday’s lows. Wonder it it’ll bleed all day and end near even. Possible sell off heading into the weekend?