The joys of getting older

BBob

WKR
@rclouse79 Due to the trend of earlier and earlier cases of prostate cancer my doc started checking my PSA and doing the digital check (finger you know where) when I was 35. Way earlier than most. I had a friend die at 52 after complications with prostate cancer. He waited until the recommended 50 years to have it checked and it was way too late. At 50 his first digital check and subsequent MRI they found a tennis ball in there. He had no complications like having trouble taking a piss. His death was likely preventable with earlier checks. The earlier prostate cancer starts the more aggressive it is, larger chance of complications, larger chance of more invasive treatment and a chance of a shortened life go up. Check early and check often and don't skip the digital cause you're uncomfortable with it. PSA doesn't tell all. :)

Last edited:
At 58 I am well experienced with losing hair in places I wished it would stay, and gaining hair where I wished it would not grow, Crazy.

But the real pain is my little bride, who seems to notice these displaced hairs while I am driving and tends to want to extract them immediately!!

Nothing like driving and the bride tweezing nose hairs on I10.

She is kinda hard to argue with though, she still looks 35 and turns heads where ever we geaux so I have to try and keep up.

Crusader

WKR
63 y/o here. I was a natural, platinum blonde into my late 20s, then it faded to dark blonde over the years. So the good thing is that my hair doesn't really seem gray now, just dark blonde. Bad thing is, I started male pattern baldness in late 30s so I don't have much left! It is nice that my neck, nose, and ear hair is blonde and it's hard to see so I don't have to trim it all that often.

The thinning skin deal is really a pain though, if I scrub my forehead too hard with a washcloth it's likely to start bleeding. Also, the crepe-like hand skin is no fun either!

MJB

WKR
57 here and I just got a skin tag on my eyelid WTF never had one before.

Ear hair gets a bic lighter once a week

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
57 here and I just got a skin tag on my eyelid WTF never had one before.

Ear hair gets a bic lighter once a week
I knew I started this thread for a reason. If you guys don’t hear from me again, check the Boise obituaries for a man who died from third degree burns stemming from an ear hair fire that escalated from a planned controlled burn into an out of control crown fire.

I knew I started this thread for a reason. If you guys don’t hear from me again, check the Boise obituaries for a man who died from third degree burns stemming from an ear hair fire that escalated from a planned controlled burn into an out of control crown fire.
Woohaaahaaaa!!!!😂

Q child

WKR
I’m in my mid 30s. I have big, luscious, brown, curly hair. Seriously, women freak out about it. Strange women will come up to me and boing my curls - extend them out, and laugh when they bounce back into place. It’s crazy. Women love it, and I love the attention. Also, it’s a giant pain in the butt, so I buzz it all off once or twice a year. It takes me an infuriatingly long time to shower.
As I get older I get more and more grays. They’re crazy and more kinky than curly. Follow their own rules. I’m going to have a giant frizzy gray Afro in a couple decades. Looking forward to looking like a crazy man.

bdan68

WKR
I drink water like it's going out of style, all day.......along with coffee. There are days where I won't piss once all day, and then I'm up three times that night peeing a quart each time. It's like it's holding onto it until I'm sleeping. That's pretty irritating. Kidney function tests check out, so have no idea.
It could be your diet. Do you eat a lot of carbohydrates? If so, try going on a low carb or keto diet. Or better yet, carnivore. You'll very likely find your problem of getting up every night will be about 90% better. I did.

In fact many of the issues I'm reading in this thread being blamed on old age, could very well be due to a nutritional deficiency. I'm 55 now and feel much better than I did when I was 35, now that I'm on a carnivore diet. All my aches and pains are completely gone.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
Give it a couple decades boys then you can bitch about getting old 40’s was easy

*zap*

WKR
one day older is better than being in the ground.

prioritize actual fitness as you age. strength, aerobic capacity, mobility and agility and it will go easier. if your 30%+ body fat and bitching your the problem.