The joys of getting older

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been doing a straight buzz since I was 12. Late 20s and effectively bald, never realized my last chance to grow out my hair would be when I was in middle school lol.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
What a funny (and timely thread) for many of us, especially since I received my Medicare card recently.

I have noticed a few of the age related "features" mentioned in this thread, but the one that made me LOL was my "don't give a shite" or something like that is off the charts.

The needle gets pegged weekly and the bar has to be reset more often than that. :D

Eddie

Damn. Early 30s and I am already clipping my eyebrows, plucking the nose/ears, gray hairs, and finding new hairs. My Italian heritage has me starting early I suppose. I can’t wait to see what 40 and beyond brings 😂
Ears and nose=almost constantly.
The first few gray hairs you clip, then the avalanche begins and you give up.
Oh, and cry me a river, fratello. :mad::p😄

Trr15

WKR
I’m about to turn 44 and started shaving my ears 3-4 years ago. I’ve got crazy fliers in my eyebrows that I need to trim regularly. The hair on the back of my neck now connects with my beard and I have shoulder and back hair that I never imagined I would have. Somehow, haven’t lost a hair on my head yet. I just seem to be slowly transitioning into a werewolf.

grfox92

WKR
I'm 36 and have a thick full head of hair. My father was balding hard in his 30s, his father died in his 80s with a full head of hair. I'm hoping it skipped a generation and I'll be good.

I have recently however started waking up at night to pass. Sometimes twice a night which is a real bummer.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
I'm 36 and have a thick full head of hair. My father was balding hard in his 30s, his father died in his 80s with a full head of hair. I'm hoping it skipped a generation and I'll be good.

I have recently however started waking up at night to pass. Sometimes twice a night which is a real bummer.

Football?
JK: I knew you meant piss. I am in the same boat there as well.

Broomd

WKR

Get a PSA test, stay on top of that.

"old man" skin. I can handle the nose hair, ear hair, fading eyesight, a little loss in my step, but this crazy thinning of skin and every little bump and scratch causing bruising and skin just peeling back is just crazy! I bought some leather gauntlets to wear on my hands and forearms if I plan to do any serious work. People think I got beat with a stick!

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
"old man" skin. I can handle the nose hair, ear hair, fading eyesight, a little loss in my step, but this crazy thinning of skin and every little bump and scratch causing bruising and skin just peeling back is just crazy! I bought some leather gauntlets to wear on my hands and forearms if I plan to do any serious work. People think I got beat with a stick!
Something to look forward to. Thanks for the heads up.

BBob

WKR
Football?
JK: I knew you meant piss. I am in the same boat there as well.
As Broomd said keep a check on that. You don’t want prostate cancer to sneak up on you unchecked. Way better to deal with that earlier than later. As to the frequent piss, if it starts getting out of hand due to BHP or other issues Flowmax/Tamsulosin can be a welcome drug. Nothing is worse than crawling out of your tent in the cold backcountry and standing there freezing trying to get some relief with nothing but a slow painful trickle 🤣

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
As Broomd said keep a check on that. You don’t want prostate cancer to sneak up on you unchecked. Way better to deal with that earlier than later. As to the frequent piss, if it starts getting out of hand due to BHP or other issues Flowmax/Tamsulosin can be a welcome drug. Nothing is worse than crawling out of your tent in the cold backcountry and standing there freezing trying to get some relief with nothing but a slow painful trickle 🤣
Good advise. My neighbor just a few years older than me just passed due to colon cancer. After that I called to get the scope done, but they told me to wait until I was 45 and it would be covered by insurance. I am wondering if the PSA test is something they do at your annual physical or it you have to request it. I will check next time. Thanks for the info.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I drink water like it's going out of style, all day.......along with coffee. There are days where I won't piss once all day, and then I'm up three times that night peeing a quart each time. It's like it's holding onto it until I'm sleeping. That's pretty irritating. Kidney function tests check out, so have no idea.