The 6UM

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
70b6877c2c20c4148d6156ec6fb64233.jpg

Almost there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m amped to see what velocity numbers you come up with.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
How would you say it feels compared to a non nitrided tikka? I am seriously considering sending mine off but would like to gather a few more to cut the cost down if I do end up going through with it.
It’s definitely better how much is hard to say. I will be doing all of mine going forward.

amassi

WKR
How would you say it feels compared to a non nitrided tikka? I am seriously considering sending mine off but would like to gather a few more to cut the cost down if I do end up going through with it.

I’ll have an action and 2 bolts ready in a week or so. Count me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
I’ll have an action and 2 bolts ready in a week or so. Count me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. Wonder if we can send them at same time for some sort of group run? Who do we send them too?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Got out to 700 yards over the weekend. The wind was howling and that's as far as I could get in this spot. I'm pretty happy with this 7 shot group. This was out of the back of my car with my pack up front and a rain jacket as a rear support. I input a 15mph wind. Looks like it was actually 12 mph and the angle was slightly different as well, that would account for the location of the group. It's two tenths low and right, just over 1 MOA.
This thing is a blast to shoot. Watching impacts with near zero shift in the FOV at all is lots of fun.
PXL_20230812_191116210.jpg
And a picture of the modified stock. With this geometry I'm usually within 1 MOA of my hold after the shot. Still lots of field practice to be done.
PXL_20230802_233254398.jpg

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Got out to 700 yards over the weekend. The wind was howling and that's as far as I could get in this spot. I'm pretty happy with this 7 shot group. This was out of the back of my car with my pack up front and a rain jacket as a rear support. I input a 15mph wind. Looks like it was actually 12 mph and the angle was slightly different as well, that would account for the location of the group. It's two tenths low and right, just over 1 MOA.
This thing is a blast to shoot. Watching impacts with near zero shift in the FOV at all is lots of fun.
View attachment 588630
And a picture of the modified stock. With this geometry I'm usually within 1 MOA of my hold after the shot. Still lots of field practice to be done.
View attachment 588674
love the frankingun!

What's the MV?

RMM

WKR
Well I was convinced I was going to do a 7PRC build but after this thread, I think I'm settled on a 6UM.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
@Ryan Avery how hard is it going to be to get a brass manufacture to head stamp brass for you? Is it an issue with tooling startup and needing a certain amount or be ordered up front?
Peterson said they would consider a run of 6UM when they run 6.5 and 7 SAUM.

Sounds like we would need to order 50k pieces or more.

Sorry should've said it better. I heard on the shoot to hunt pod that Unknown was doing Tikka builds in a mcmillan. I was toying around with the idea of getting one and wondered if anybody had any pics yet