The#1 issue affecting hunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimss

WKR
Here in Colorado it seems like wildlife related decisions are based on politics and $ rather than science by our CPW!

Hunting numbers aren’t growing and a ton of hunters in their 60s and 70s are aging out of the game.

IMG_3617.jpeg

Hunting numbers aren’t growing and a ton of hunters in their 60s and 70s are aging out of the game.

View attachment 629628
Hunter numbers are not exactly plummeting either.

We’re losing habitat faster than we’re aging out hunters.
Thus the problem we have all over the US.

The single greatest barrier to hunting and hunter satisfaction is access to an area and related hunter pressure in available areas.

The Bowmar's chucking spears at bears on video didn't help anything. And any influencer from Utah for that matter. We are one more rich dentist killing a named lion away from being done with hunting in this country. Hunt quietly and please don't be an attention seeking dumb ass.

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
Habitat loss and fragmentation. The crowds would be a non-issue if we had resilient unfragmented habitat to support wildlife through drought and tough winters. Sometime between the 60's and 90's it seems like we were in a sweet spot for hunting access and wildlife populations rebounding from over hunting. We have now over shot that and are in a full development mindset and only the wealthy can afford land/access.

Gobbler36

WKR
What do you think the #1 issue affecting hunting is?
Overcrowding, social Media, overcrowding, social media and application services, overcrowding and f&g agencies being infiltrated by environmental nut Jobs, habitat loss oh and overcrowding.
not in any particular order though

Gobbler36

WKR
Technology. Progress. Advancement. It makes everything easier. Easier to research and apply for tags, easier to pay for when you don’t have to use real money, easier to know where to go and how to do it. Tech has broken down all barriers to entry. You don’t have to earn it anymore. And as humans, we’re more lethal. Dope cutting optics, Bluetooth scopes, ballistic apps, BTX doublers, thermal, nothing is safe.

Make hunting hard again.

1. Paper applications and no credit cards.
2. Fixed archery sights and 3 pins max.
3. No scopes and exposed ignition muzzleloaders.
4. 4x max magnification on centerfire rifles
5. Banish all “influencers” to a life of hard labor.
If we could only live in a perfect world

Gobbler36

WKR
Monetizing hunting and rewarding the system of influencers- some of whom took bribes from game departments to promote their states with no plan on the backend how they were going to adjust to the increased traffic and demand. In return they (influencers) have had a front seat view of reduced opportunity and increased competition.
The monetization issue will eventually lead to a system where hunting is only for the rich and property will start to get gobbled up. Profits will be more important than management. Ranches will become sanctuaries but will apply for depredation permits and then sell them off to the highest bidders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Start?!?
this is already happening everywhere

Bears

FNG
Liberal policy is the greatest danger and seeks to destroy the way of life of hunters, fisherman, outdoorsmen.
The demonization of a tool (gun) in the name of safety, "gun violence" as a term all point to the goal.
(Ever heard the media use the term "Knife violence"?)

The 2A, and even the Constitution have been called "living documents", "relics","antiquated".
Just what part of it do you think these folks are referring to? Certainly not their rights to shove their DEI agenda down your throat.

The number 1 issue??
I'd say the hunting community suffers from 2 things. We suffer same thing the republicans suffer from. There is no lock step push behind issues. When something comes up for a vote 1/3 of us get behind it. 1/3 think that the legislation isn't good enough and won't support it. the final 1/3 think that a proposed fix goes too far and won't support it. Democrats get behind their legislation even if they think its not effective or its overly effective. Its a win for them regardless. We need to do the same

Number 2 is that most of us just don't engage on any issues politically. There have been lots of studies of vote demographics and it seems like A LOT of people that hold hunting licenses & are eligible to vote, are not voting.
IF a lot of people can vote and are not voting, that means they are not showing up for proposed changes in state or federal DNR type changes and legislation.. That means all the feel good, save all the animals groups are having their voice heard.

I'm guilty of not getting involved in DNR changes so I'm pointing the finger at myself right now too

skeptic

FNG
. Democrats get behind their legislation even if they think its not effective or its overly effective.
That is true. This speaks to the sheeple mentality they seem to subscribe to that became so prevalent during the abomination of time referred to as the "covid years".

Politicians aren't going to fix the issues we have in the field right now. Hell, we have an entirely "red" legislature in my state and I disagree with alot of what those muppets propose when it comes to "managing" wildlife.

Coordinated movement en masse is the trick, but that is few and far between these days.

JRay

Lil-Rokslider
We’re always playing defense against the anti’s. We need to collectively go on the perpetual offense in preserving and protecting hunting rights.

Lytro

WKR
Hunters seem to be more effective at creating divide than any anti-hunting organization has ever been.

Without mentioning all the illegal shit some dirtbag hunters partake in, we do a pretty good job at eating our own. Posting stupid stuff on social media, trophy hunters thinking that's the only acceptable way to hunt, hunters advocating for the reduction of opportunities for fellow hunters, landowners vs public land hunters, residents vs nonresidents, etc.

hunt1up

WKR
1. Popular podcasts telling everyone they should be eating awesome elk meat. Note: I don't dislike Joe Rogan and I listen to his podcasts occasionally.

2. Instagram and Youtube hunting personalities.

3. Wealthy individuals (generally nonresident) buying up large tracts of private land. This is a midwest thing. 1000s of acres owned by just a few people.

4. The political stuff is a distance 4th on the list for me.

s-l1600.jpg

Gobbler36

WKR
1. Popular podcasts telling everyone they should be eating awesome elk meat. Note: I don't dislike Joe Rogan and I listen to his podcasts occasionally.

2. Instagram and Youtube hunting personalities.

3. Wealthy individuals (generally nonresident) buying up large tracts of private land. This is a midwest thing. 1000s of acres owned by just a few people.

4. The political stuff is a distance 4th on the list for me.

s-l1600.jpg
I like his non hunting podcasts but hate when he does this shit, meanwhile he goes to hunt the tejone ranch for elk.

Lytro

WKR
I like his non hunting podcasts but hate when he does this shit, meanwhile he goes to hunt the tejone ranch for elk.
Same. I've listened to his podcast for about 6 years now, but I can't stand when he talks about hunting. His view is a little distorted since his only hunting experiences come from disneyland-like ranches.

bozeman

WKR
People are the #1 issue impacting hunting......laws, regulations, perspectives, social media....all are driven by one root cause.....People!

Status
Not open for further replies.