Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzH

WKR
BuzzH, where did i say no federal budget goes to schools?

What I said was my ideas can be done without REQUIRING any new federal law or budget, big difference.

The things i suggested (which is what people on here have asked “what can be done to help protect the kids”)can he done locally with local money. Yep, will require money. But my suggestions do not infringe on anyones rights, and work to protect kids.

So please, read before you write, and lets work through some Ideas that do not take away law abiding citizen rights.
Good luck with the bake sales, the only thing Americans hate more than any violation of the 2nd is paying taxes.

Put me down on the 2A extremist list.
Not a constitutional right to drive a Prius.
Bingo. The bill of rights is something I’m not willing to infringe on to make people feel better about something like this. Gun ownership isn’t the problem. Further dumbass regulations aren’t going to fix it either. With freedom comes responsibility and the reality some will abuse it. Live with it or move to another country.

BuzzH

WKR
How many billions do we send/give/waste every year? You’re telling me we can’t find the money, it costs too much?

Once again, how much money have we sent to Ukraine? Or, what if Biden sends an invoice to Afghanistan for all the equipment he left over there? We could put that money to use also.

Its the bellyaching and the fact tax payers throw a tantrum over discretionary spending, including funding of public education.

Ever read any threads on public schools between mass shootings? Teachers are over-paid, administrators are over paid, public schools indoctrinate kids, they're a waste of money, every school teacher is a libtard, demonrat, blah, blah, blah. Then when local tax payers are asked to kick in for paying for extras at schools, its things like what was asked for here in Laramie for the new high school. A cool million for fake turf on the football field, another few million for an olympic sized pool that seats 3,000 people in the balcony, better stadium seats for the football field, and a theater. Nothing for improved security, better science labs, computers...sorry, we just don't have the funds for those things.

Here's the problem, 60% of Americans between 16-70 years old, read and comprehend at the 6th grade level. About 75% of Americans haven't read a book in the past year, the other 25% half are probably lying claiming they have.

Many get their ideology from bumper stickers, meme's, instagram, and fakebook.

You expect these people to understand tax codes, discretionary spending, the federal budget, and on and on and on?

Dream big if you're going to I guess...reality is what it is.

Good luck with the bake sales, the only thing Americans hate more than any violation of the 2nd is paying taxes.
So what, you would rather just let the govt shred the constitutional rights of all of us when we know from experiences in almost wvery big blue city thay gun laws DO NOT work?

But you forget that moms are hige supoorters of their kids, you dont think that if every school class was tasked with helping to fund these ballistic closets, the moms wouldnt find a way?

You either are not married or you are a chauvinist and an idiot…

Give the people locally a way to make it happen and i can almost guarantee it will happen. And as mentioned, no feds to worry about

Flyjunky

WKR
Its the bellyaching and the fact tax payers throw a tantrum over discretionary spending, including funding of public education.

Ever read any threads on public schools between mass shootings? Teachers are over-paid, administrators are over paid, public schools indoctrinate kids, they're a waste of money, every school teacher is a libtard, demonrat, blah, blah, blah. Then when local tax payers are asked to kick in for paying for extras at schools, its things like what was asked for here in Laramie for the new high school. A cool million for fake turf on the football field, another few million for an olympic sized pool that seats 3,000 people in the balcony, better stadium seats for the football field, and a theater. Nothing for improved security, better science labs, computers...sorry, we just don't have the funds for those things.

Here's the problem, 60% of Americans between 16-70 years old, read and comprehend at the 6th grade level. About 75% of Americans haven't read a book in the past year, the other 25% half are probably lying claiming they have.

You expect these people to understand tax codes, discretionary spending, the federal budget, and on and on and on?

Dream big if you're going to I guess...reality is what it is.
Pretty simple to me.

Ask people to fund protection or stop bitching about nothing being done.

Didn’t seem like it was too much trouble to send 50+ billion overseas in the last month.

BuzzH

WKR
Pretty simple to me.

Ask people to fund protection or stop bitching about nothing being done.

Didn’t seem like it was too much trouble to send 50+ billion overseas in the last month.
Here you go, here's how parents prioritize keeping their kids safe at school via a county bond ...not a single thin dime for security.

BTW, I voted against this bullshit, if it were the same amount of money for security and education related things like better science labs, vocational labs/shops/equipment, you know things that are actually worth investing in, I would have voted for it no problem.

What a load of chit:

— An 8-lane, 36-yard swimming pool with attached diving board and moveable bulkhead. Projected cost: $10.5 million.
— Four research and design STEM labs. Projected cost: $1.75 million

— Athletic stadium seating for 2,100 people, field lights, restrooms, concession stands, locker rooms and tickets booths. Projected cost: $2.28 million.
— Auditorium/theater expansion with seating for 1,000 people. Projected cost: $3.77 million.
— Commons area expansion/larger auxiliary gymnasium. Projected cost: $3.25 million.
— Artificial turf athletic fields. Projected cost: $2.175 million.
— Five outdoor tennis courts. Projected cost: $250,000.

Oh, and for the record, they jacked up the dimensions of the swimming pool...I guess for 10.5 million in Laramie, WY you just cant find anyone to get it right.

*zap*

WKR
913 posts to come to the conclusion that nothing is going to be done about this whole issue.

Carry on with pretending anything will change.
Well, we could make murder illegal.....

Not sure how adding a new law or regulation will make someone that plans on breaking an existing law change their mind.....and murder usually carries the severest sentences. More laws/rules is not the answer here.

Bans off my guns

Dream big if you're going to I guess...reality is what it is
Local problems dealt with with local elections. Last i knew it, school board seats are elections, not political appointments. If you do not like it, get out and fix it. Dont cry about it.

And indoctrination comes from stories like i read today where a preschool class in NC was found to be teaching colors by using flash cards that showed a pregnant male…how is rhat not a pure indoctrination lesson? No it isnt happening all over, but that kind of stuff is all over and its sick.

Bottom line, a dude in TX is not in charge (nor should he be) of things in laramie. You fix your stuff and we will fix ours. But lets just keep the feds out of this.

BuzzH

WKR
Local problems dealt with with local elections. Last i knew it, school board seats are elections, not political appointments. If you do not like it, get out and fix it. Dont cry about it.

And indoctrination comes from stories like i read today where a preschool class in NC was found to be teaching colors by using flash cards that showed a pregnant male…how is rhat not a pure indoctrination lesson? No it isnt happening all over, but that kind of stuff is all over and its sick.

Bottom line, a dude in TX is not in charge (nor should he be) of things in laramie. You fix your stuff and we will fix ours. But lets just keep the feds out of this.
You're sure doing a bang up job in Texas...pun there.

We sure are. Sounds like you guys up in WY are doing a great job too.

With a population around 1/60th of what texas does, i would expect a crazy person willing to do this kind of stuff to show up in WY about as often too, so you have a little while before it happens, but based on the HS you been whining about in Laramie, it sounds like you guys will handle things much better up there.

BuzzH

WKR
We sure are. Sounds like you guys up in WY are doing a great job too.

With a population around 1/60th of what texas does, i would expect a crazy person willing to do this kind of stuff to show up in WY about as often too, so you have a little while before it happens, but based on the HS you been whining about in Laramie, it sounds like you guys will handle things much better up there.
Yes, its pretty similar, minus 19 dead second graders and 2 teachers.

Oh got me there…yep my fault, texas’ fault.

Lets blame texas and texans for having a evil heartless killer amongst its citizens…

Bye felicia

Sorry your lefty solutions aren’t popular. You and a few others on here get butthurt because the rest of us don’t see the world your way.
No sane person wants kids to get killed. Hint - it’s a big reason people don’t want to see full term abortions backed by law.

More laws doesn’t equate to solutions. The root problem has been partially identified. That takes a long time to fix.
More laws is a bandaid solution that historically do not do a thing to help the problem. Taking away rights is not on the table ..another hint - we go by the constitution. Live somewhere else if you disagree.
In the meantime, more trained people with guns will stop the bad guys. Cops are a second line of defense, always. The first line is the shepherd of the flock. Always will be.
"lefty?" I think that's wishful thinking on your part.

Write me off as some nutjob liberal when in fact I'm a proud George Bush republican who admires people who can negotiate a compromise that's in the best interest of everyone.

What a lot of folks on either extreme are trying to do is apply an "all or nothing" solution to everything. Throwing up their hands and acting as if there is "nothing we can do." Meanwhile that's costing children their lives.

And don't presume to school me on shepherding a flock. You don't know my background friend.

Flyjunky

WKR
Here you go, here's how parents prioritize keeping their kids safe at school via a county bond ...not a single thin dime for security.

BTW, I voted against this bullshit, if it were the same amount of money for security and education related things like better science labs, vocational labs/shops/equipment, you know things that are actually worth investing in, I would have voted for it no problem.

What a load of chit:

— An 8-lane, 36-yard swimming pool with attached diving board and moveable bulkhead. Projected cost: $10.5 million.
— Four research and design STEM labs. Projected cost: $1.75 million

— Athletic stadium seating for 2,100 people, field lights, restrooms, concession stands, locker rooms and tickets booths. Projected cost: $2.28 million.
— Auditorium/theater expansion with seating for 1,000 people. Projected cost: $3.77 million.
— Commons area expansion/larger auxiliary gymnasium. Projected cost: $3.25 million.
— Artificial turf athletic fields. Projected cost: $2.175 million.
— Five outdoor tennis courts. Projected cost: $250,000.

Oh, and for the record, they jacked up the dimensions of the swimming pool...I guess for 10.5 million in Laramie, WY you just cant find anyone to get it right.
So, basically it’s priorities. Well, if people aren’t going to prioritize their children then the blame rests on them, not the guns.

Whether people can admit it or not, banning certain guns and taking away rights will not stop these events from happening. I think deep down everyone knows that. Matter of fact, it will cause more issues in the future. I believe it’s called unintended consequences..or, for one particular group, intended consequences.

You didnt answer my question…

How did my post say nothing would or could change?

I gave 2 very specific changes that could be made that do not take away anyones constitutional rights yet could make a hige impact on the ability of students to survive.

All i see you doing is chicken little…put your ideas out there and lets see how rhey stand to public opinion.

Yes my ideas cost money, but they can be implemented locally and would require zero federal law or budget to do. If enough people really “wanted to do
Something” there is a thing called the school board….demand safety measures instead of football stadiums
My question was in response to your "solutions" which include among other things, creating prison-like situations for our children, placing all the burden on the victims here.

I don't disagree there are better ways to spend money than on our Texas multi-million dollar sports stadiums that we've become famous for.

You brought up rights again, so when does a person's 2A rights begin?

BuzzH

WKR
So, basically it’s priorities. Well, if people aren’t going to prioritize their children then the blame rests on them, not the guns.

Whether people can admit it or not, banning certain guns and taking away rights will not stop these events from happening. I think deep down everyone knows that. Matter of fact, it will cause more issues in the future. I believe it’s called unintended consequences..or, for one particular group, intended consequences.
I agree, and the solution, since nobody wants to take it seriously is just build caskets and hope its not you or someone you know next time.

Certain guns are already banned. Certain so-called "rights" are already not available to a lot of people.

"there is nothing we can do" is not an adult response when children are being slaughtered the same way over and over again.

Bingo. The bill of rights is something I’m not willing to infringe on to make people feel better about something like this. Gun ownership isn’t the problem. Further dumbass regulations aren’t going to fix it either. With freedom comes responsibility and the reality some will abuse it. Live with it or move to another country.
So when does a person's 2A rights begin?

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
My question was in response to your "solutions" which include among other things, creating prison-like situations for our children, placing all the burden on the victims here.

I don't disagree there are better ways to spend money than on our Texas multi-million dollar sports stadiums that we've become famous for.

You brought up rights again, so when does a person's 2A rights begin?

Prison like situation for children? Pretty similar to masking children and putting plexiglass walls in between them for 2 years for a virus that overall isn’t dangerous for them. Yet most in the country supported it all the while kids were suffering from a plethora of obvious foreseen issues.

I don’t like the idea of a prison wall with barbed wire at schools, no one should support that. But simply having one/two main enterences in and out that lock and having an armed guard, and/or arming trained teachers that wish to do so is literally the only logical solution to stop the bleeding our children are experiencing. I had an armed police officer full time on my high school campus in the early 2000’s. No one was at all weird about it and it was so normal, cool guy to talk to everyday and he even gave me a ride along for my senior project. Didn’t have any kids with guns brought on our campus.

And bottom line is one side needs to give in to an opposing solution and fast. Our govement has a hard enough time enforcing existing laws and the background check system sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.