Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure why any LEO supports the dems…they are the party always playing whack-a-mole with LE…too strong a response, not strong enough, defund, get out of schools…

Meanwhile, the drunken Irishman who pretends to be Hispanic calls for supporters to get in face of conservatives who care about the 2A:

Serious question, do you really get your news and form opinions based on Breitbart? You’ve posted a ton of their articles in this thread and they hold about as much water for me as CNN. The Onion makes for better reading.

BjornF16

WKR
Serious question, do you really get your news and form opinions based on Breitbart? You’ve posted a ton of their articles in this thread and they hold about as much water for me as CNN. The Onion makes for better reading.
Just one of many sources of news…

Point out their misrepresentations, please

As far as opinions, I don’t let news media dictate my opinions. I think critically

GSPHUNTER

WKR
It is a hard decision now as to whether we support LE blindly anymore. I imagine I will continue to stop and help an officer that may need assistance as I have my entire life. But I will also be very assertive/careful about my rights when dealing with LE initiated contacts and also will video all of those when I am able. Not just this incident but other incidents over the last 10 years have shown me that LE is lacking good officers in general and we really have to assert our rights as much as possible. The cop stops you walks up and asks 'do you know why I stopped you' is asking for a confession so you have no way to fight the violation he cites you for. Using officer trust to manipulate you to give up your rights without actually realizing what your doing. Lotsa bad stops happen every day where the cops do not uphold their oath to honor the US constitution. That is really just a basic example of how the whole 'protect and serve' thing has flown the coop. Lotsa bad LE officers....right up to the top and the doj/dhs is example of that.
Always be prepared to defend your own life and others...do not expect any help and you will not be disappointed. Cops have no obligation to protect anyone.
You took the words right out of my mouth. weird.

BjornF16

WKR
BTW…in what world does 2 comprise “a ton”?

Classic liberal straw man attack…you can do better 🤣

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
It is a hard decision now as to whether we support LE blindly anymore. I imagine I will continue to stop and help an officer that may need assistance as I have my entire life. But I will also be very assertive/careful about my rights when dealing with LE initiated contacts and also will video all of those when I am able. Not just this incident but other incidents over the last 10 years have shown me that LE is lacking good officers in general and we really have to assert our rights as much as possible. The cop stops you walks up and asks 'do you know why I stopped you' is asking for a confession so you have no way to fight the violation he cites you for. Using officer trust to manipulate you to give up your rights without actually realizing what your doing. Lotsa bad stops happen every day where the cops do not uphold their oath to honor the US constitution. That is really just a basic example of how the whole 'protect and serve' thing has flown the coop. Lotsa bad LE officers....right up to the top and the doj/dhs is example of that.
Always be prepared to defend your own life and others...do not expect any help and you will not be disappointed. Cops have no obligation to protect anyone.
I'd bet I've gotten out of at least 6 tickets from when LE has pulled me over for minor traffic violations and they asked me if I knew why they pulled me over. My response is always, "Yes, but I don't want to admit guilt". And then I hand them my license, registration, proof of insurance, and CCW permit. Then promptly let them know I have a loaded firearm (or several) in the vehicle, and they are willing to inspect the firearm and anything in my vehicle. Totally changes the conversation away from the reason why they pulled me over in the first place. My wife laughs now, calls my CCW license my "get out of jail free card". I tell her that its not about that, its about being respectful to the officer and letting them know upfront they aren't talking to a criminal. I've gotten one ticket when having my CCW and that was me being a dumbass who deserved it.

Back on point - always respond with "Yes, officer but I don't want to admit guilt". For a lot of traffic violations, they know the violation couldn't be proven and just leave a warning.

Never been a LEO. I have however, devoted the better part of my adult life to closing with and destroying the enemies of my country. I've been in many dozens of gunfights over the years, against adversaries more heavily armed and experienced than a 19 year old kid with an AR-15 and a pistol. A fair few of those gunfights have been at ranges well inside 35 meters. I can very definitely agree that the cops didn't react, because they are incredible pussies.

Maybe not all of them, maybe just the ground force commander (or whatever cops call the senior guy on the ground). If there were two cops with a set on them, why didn't those two react? Following orders? That didn't work for the Gestapo, SS, Einsatzgruppen, etc...so why should it work in this situation? Following orders isn't a viable excuse. Even in the Army, I am only required to obey orders that are moral, legal and ethical. If an order doesn't fit that criteria (and I can justify it before a courts martial), I can refuse to obey it. In my opinion, any order to not enter that classroom, is immoral, unethical, and quite possible illegal.
Too bad you weren't there then. Still wondering why we're all talking about the response and not the cause though.

Two things: 1) Hardened targets; 2) An aggressive police response. I don’t mean a reckless response, but a mindset and willingness to take calculated risks.

For too long, members of my profession have believed they have “the right” to survive their job. That they owe that to themselves and their families. Older cops who trained them told them, “Make sure you go home alive at the end of your sift.” This has to stop. Again, I’m not advocating recklessness, but a mindset and willingness to take calculated risks - risks that you may not survive.

I once read an article that said many gangbangers like to think of themselves as “street soldiers.” Cops must go forward from here with a mental two sided coin. One side of the coin has to say, “Officer Friendly.” The other side has to say, “Street Soldier.” Be able to turn the coin back and forth instantly.

The other stuff you mentioned, the social/societal stuff, are fine thoughts and worthy goals, but it’s generational and won’t right itself overnight.
That's all fine and good if the benefits meet the risk. Civilian officers don't get near the benefits of someone who has served in the military, even though a higher % of military will never actually risk their life compared to civilian officers. Considering what they are paid, why would an officer ignore the "make sure you go home" advice?

You can make a lot more working at Wal-Mart than you can in a small town police force, and probably have better benefits. But we want and expect people to take these jobs and leave the "go home at the end of the shift" mentality at the door? I don't think it works that way.

There is a shortage of good public school teachers and good civilian officers for the same reason. They are not valued. And that right there is a big part of this problem.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Still wondering why we're all talking about the response and not the cause though.
The causes are many, but quite frankly things have gone down the tubes in a hurry since God was taken out of schools......and our nation. We are no longer a God-fearing nation, but a God-mocking nation. We can't expect blessings when all we do is mock our Creator. Would we as fathers give blessings to our children when all they do is mock us, disobey us, and refuse to obey? I don't think so. We have turned into an immoral society that rejects God, His Word, His Commandments (and I'm talking way beyond the 10 Commandments), and His Son Jesus and His sacrifice for our sins. It's no wonder we have so much mental illness running rampant throughout society.

Godlessness, immorality, mental illness, and a refusal by leaders to even address those root problems. Law enforcement, military, Congress, government, society, and even churches are not exempt from the effects of all this. But we all should at least know how it all ends. That's spelled out pretty well in His Word, and we're seeing most of that playing out before our eyes as the "last days", which was also prophesy from almost 2000 years ago.

But it's easier to just point the fingers at law enforcement (in this case) and guns in general as the problem. Law enforcement is in most cases a reactionary force that comes in after the fact. They can't be everywhere at all times. And even one SRO doesn't really provide much help when things go bad. Law enforcement and SRO's aren't the problem. They're bandaids to try to control the problem. And banning or restricting guns, would be like banning or restricting forks and spoons to fix our obesity problem in America. That's all fine and dandy and feel good legislation........but that also doesn't fix or even address the "problem". These are like putting those bandaids on cancer. The cancer (root problem) still exists even with those bandaids, and will continue to grow and be a problem for us.

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The Word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Too bad you weren't there then. Still wondering why we're all talking about the response and not the cause though.
Because we will never know the full cause or motive, we can only speculate. What we do know is the response, the scene, the death toll, and the weapon. The automatic weapon in this case was the reason for the slow response… along with the lack of bravery.

Wrench

WKR
I posted this on the other thread, but it applies here as well.

It amazes me how people are so quick to decide how others should live their lives. Most people can barely run their own. Failed relationships, financial mistakes, personal choices that were selfish....most can BARELY run their own lives well yet are more than happy to guide others through life.

As this bickering continues we have law makers increasingly using this to work against us. They throw a tax on bullets then a fee on guns, a license to carry.....all with our support because we know better than the neighbor.

Look back at the last two years and how America and the entire world was held captive by big pharmaceutical companies over rona......now do a little research on how many of the school shooters were on psychotropic drugs. The answer is damn near all if not all.

We're not gonna stop the madness until we start at the start....until then, we'll just keep telling the neighbors how we're smarter than them and exactly how we can tax our way out of this mess or which freedom eliminated from me will stop you from doing bad things.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider

Zigzags - is this source okay for you? I hope it is.

We all need to be harder targets. It’s kinda how nature works. Soft targets get taken first. Firearms are the great equalizer. It lets a wheelchair bound granny smoke a 250lb man looking to take advantage of the size differential.

This video isn’t nearly the same as a school shooting. But hey, A lady carrying concealed who clearly knew how to use that tool stopped a lunatic with a semi auto.
We need to make our communities hard targets. It’s only one piece of the puzzle but an important one. As a Florida sheriff recently said, something like “you’ll be graveyard dead if you try that shit in my town.” I’d post a clip but I can only see one from Breitbart and it’s probably a deep fake.

As for the underlying issues that lead to these horrible events..
The morality has evaporated from American life. Maybe that has something to do with the loss of our collective religious underpinning too. Who knows.

The solution is not more government policies. If anything we need to put a freeze on law making for, oh I don’t know maybe 20 years minimum. Let’s all focus on what’s on the books and get out the scissors even.

I for one do not want to hear a ******* thing from anyone in the house, senate, Oval Office, 3 letter agency, cabinet, and hell even the janitor who works for the parks department.

Everyone saying the underlying cause is a lack of morality - you're not wrong. However, hoping for a return to morals isn't going to work and you can't legislate morality. So we need to deal with the situation we have instead of thinking and praying for a different situation.

If two boys are in a playground and one boy is hitting another boy with a sick, clearly it's the boy who is at fault. But every single one of you would still take the stick out of his hand.

Until we find a way to create a more virtuous nation, steps need to be taken to make it harder for immoral humans to have easy access to destructive tools.

We all learned to live with seat belts and child car seats even though I remember all the grumbling and complaining by the adults back in the 70's and 80's. I know people today who still complain about having to wear a seat belt. LOL Those laws and modifications to vehicles have saved countless lives. Most folks here, like me, are pro-life. There are reasonable things that can be done here if we turn off the "all or nothing" finger pointing mentality and work together. But working together for the benefit of the nation requires compromise and caring for others, and both of those seem to be on the brink of extinction anymore.

Wrench

WKR
Everyone saying the underlying cause is a lack of morality - you're not wrong. However, hoping for a return to morals isn't going to work and you can't legislate morality. So we need to deal with the situation we have instead of thinking and praying for a different situation.

If two boys are in a playground and one boy is hitting another boy with a sick, clearly it's the boy who is at fault. But every single one of you would still take the stick out of his hand.

Until we find a way to create a more virtuous nation, steps need to be taken to make it harder for immoral humans to have easy access to destructive tools.

We all learned to live with seat belts and child car seats even though I remember all the grumbling and complaining by the adults back in the 70's and 80's. I know people today who still complain about having to wear a seat belt. LOL Those laws and modifications to vehicles have saved countless lives. Most folks here, like me, are pro-life. There are reasonable things that can be done here if we turn off the "all or nothing" finger pointing mentality and work together. But working together for the benefit of the nation requires compromise and caring for others, and both of those seem to be on the brink of extinction anymore.
My daughter had the cops show up when she was 9 years old. She had beaten a 11 year old boy with a stick. The cops asked what happened and she told them the boy was hitting her younger sister with a stick, she told him to stop, he did not and she whooped up on him. He was showing the scratches and marks. The cops told her not to do that again, I cut him off and said let him go next time when he starts running.

The cop laughed and agreed.

Good thing she had a stick and confidence.

Reactions: JJJ
My daughter had the cops show up when she was 9 years old. She had beaten a 11 year old boy with a stick. The cops asked what happened and she told them the boy was hitting her younger sister with a stick, she told him to stop, he did not and she whooped up on him. He was showing the scratches and marks. The cops told her not to do that again, I cut him off and said let him go next time when he starts running.

The cop laughed and agreed.

Good thing she had a stick and confidence.
My oldest daughter literally knocked a kid out in 4th grade once. Never got in trouble and was a straight A student her whole life, but one day in the gym a boy was bullying her friend and she took care of things right in front of the whole class.

Nobody ever said a kid shouldn't defend themselves.

In the situation I described, everyone here would take the stick out of the kid's hands.

Yarak

WKR
Wow !!!!
How is it the tool and not the person
Blame the person and let the law sit squarely on the perp but dont blame me
Taking away my rights because of the actions of others is never the answer but it is a deceptive way to stay in power and usurp your ideas over others
Why is there even an argument about this when all the info about the shooter hasnt come out yet but then it likely never will

Status
Not open for further replies.