Texas school shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny post. ya keep telling yourself that. You can defend immigration all you want it’s taxing on local border towns, it’s not political it’s fact.
Lol, “I know a guy“ of 30 years and was in his wedding. Passing through STX, ha. I pay taxes in Aransas and Cameron counties, and leased Webb, Kinney and Zapata for decades. I pretty much spend the summer fishing Laguna Madre inshore and off. So ya 40 years of pass through STX…..

Hilarious someone brings up a valid point you try to toss a distraction out, get called on it and then again try to change subject.

Just passing through. Lol

View attachment 414855
View attachment 414856
Sounds like we've both been down here long enough to have formed our opinions.

The "distraction" was bringing the border issues into the topic of school shootings. Doesn't belong here.

If those officers waited, it had nothing to do with the border. It was because of training or orders they received.

Pretty amazing how eager some people are to make excuses for the cops’ selfishness and cowardice, saying things like “there’s no way anyone else would confront an active shooter, either”.

Well, that’s demonstrably false: a normal human reaction is to try to save children from being killed, without regard to your own safety, as the teachers and parents on the scene actually did.

Meanwhile, the cops’ actions made the situation far worse. Yet we’re supposed to believe that they should get even more resources and power when they won’t even do anything for over an entire hour in a situation where they’re heavily-armed and outnumber the shooter by at least 19:1? :unsure:

View attachment 414863
So "chief" is plural now?

Help me wrap my brain around this. Drunk driving kills 10000 people a year, many of them children. Yet I never hear the media mention the bottles of booze or the vehicle used. You can buy alcohol anywhere in the US. Yet when it comes to a shooting, it is always the gun. When we as a society change the way we deal with people, is when things will change. One more thing....ban the killers picture or name used in any media source. These assholes should not be made famous for even a second.
Are you suggesting alcohol shouldn't be restricted to people over 21 and drivers licenses shouldn't be required?

I find it ironic when people who rely on other people to protect them, call their protectors names.

Fact is, until you put on that badge and gun and wander out into a community, you have no clue what it's actually like to be an LEO. Just like until you step foot into a public school classroom, you have no clue what it's like to be a public school teacher. Same with the members of our military. Sure doesn't stop folks from thinking they do however.

Last edited:
How did you come to that absurd conclusion?

I just find it ironic when people who rely on other people to protect them, call their protectors names.

Fact is, until you put on that badge and gun and wander out into a community, you have no clue what it's actually like to be an LEO. Just like until you step foot into a public school classroom, you have no clue what it's like to be a public school teacher. Same with the members of our military. Sure doesn't stop folks from thinking they do however.
How did I come to the conclusion that Norcan is from Norway and only trolling this thread to keep it heated? That is pretty easy. He posted in other threads where he lives and it is obvious by the screenshots he keeps dropping and the little comments he makes when this thread slows down.

The biggest issue I see happening on this thread is that most haven’t served in any capacity and don’t understand the need to follow orders. I think we can all agree, knowing the info we have now, we would all do something different. We also all have to take in mind what it was like on the scene and the info they had.

Bottom line is the guys in the hallway follows orders, right or wrong, and the border patrol (Federal Agents) are not required to follow what a local commander says. They made the right decision, just made it way too late.

norcan

FNG
I think it's okay to have an opinion on LEO's or teachers or our military so long as you have all the facts and so long as you take into consideration the sacrifices these people make daily, that you don't.
What sacrifices?

Cops love to pretend that they have some uniquely-dangerous job to justify their ridiculous budgets and hardware — while it’s not even close to being the riskiest profession — yet when a situation comes up that might remotely warrant such resources, they consistently chicken out.

Sorry, but fewer and fewer are buying the propaganda any more.

The biggest issue I see happening on this thread is that most haven’t served in any capacity and don’t understand the need to follow orders. I think we can all agree, knowing the info we have now, we would all do something different. We also all have to take in mind what it was like on the scene and the info they had.

Bottom line is the guys in the hallway follows orders, right or wrong, and the border patrol (Federal Agents) are not required to follow what a local commander says. They made the right decision, just made it way too late.
Bingo.

I find the whole LE response discussion to be a distraction from the actual problem however. It's called a 'response' for a reason.

Tired of acting like there is nothing we can do about these events.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
Some of you are taking this 1st amendment right too far. Scribe ye scroll and post in the square.

It does not say it protects your anonymous speech upon the internet.

Perhaps another fine place for additional fines, fees, rules and regulations.....all permissible for a tax, of course.
Hey the disinformation board is hiring. If you’re into full on dictatorial control and whatnot.
Just a heads up!

KurtR

WKR
What sacrifices?

Cops love to pretend that they have some uniquely-dangerous job to justify their ridiculous budgets and hardware — while it’s not even close to being the riskiest profession — yet when a situation comes up that might remotely warrant such resources, they consistently chicken out.

Sorry, but fewer and fewer are buying the propaganda any more.

While the decision not to go in was wrong your barking up the wrong tree. No better than the defund the police crowd. I have never been a cop but wore another uniform and until you have walked that line how can you sit back and generalize all le like that. I could blow this thing up with news stories cops putting it on the line every day. I also know there needs to be constructive criticism of them and ways to do shit better.

FLATHEAD

WKR
How did I come to the conclusion that Norcan is from Norway and only trolling this thread to keep it heated? That is pretty easy. He posted in other threads where he lives and it is obvious by the screenshots he keeps dropping and the little comments he makes when this thread slows down.
The ignore option is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.