Texas Gun Proposals

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Please don’t insult others. Also there is the black market and stealing.
Also don't forget. Saying your 18 and you might make a bad decision based on bad emotion is like saying your 18 and might father illegitimate children based on a good emotion, so you can't have intercourse until you’re an adult and I will determine the age that I feel you're and adult.

I have a fundamental problem with being able to be tried as an adult but not being treated as an adult.

Maybe we should treat our children as adults if we expect them to behave like adults.
@GringoBling

We don't need to convince 21 families.......we need to convince 330 million people nation wide. But on the other hand, logic and reason should convince them all very easily.......but we know that won't happen because over half the nation thinks with emotions.

When incompetent people (mentally or otherwise) get a hold of a firearm, they kill a few people and those families suffer. When incompetent voters vote........they ruin a nation and everyone suffers.
Not even slightly entertaining stricter gun laws to make it harder for incompetent people to get guns is the result of incompetent extreme gun rights activists. Im may be one of the only ones on here who thinks It should be harder for everyone to get a gun. Doesnt mean tou cant get one. But look at silencers. You can get them, but it takes some work. Guns should be that way in my opinion. Those who are gun crazy already have what they want so stricter gun laws to make purchases harder doesnt impact them I would guess. The whole ‘responsible gun owner’ argument seems hypocrytical if you arent for responsible gun laws.

Not saying Im right, but the brainwashing of both sides is full very illogical arguments. Im not saying ban guns outright, but why you need an AR-15 and large capacity magazine I’ll never understand. No argument has convinced me otherwise other than it’s like fireworks - they are just fun as hell.

Rip this apart, i dont vote cause the whole game is rigged. So you have nothing to fear from me other than the angst this post may stir in you. My concern is hunters lose less support when we dismiss every gun law as too far even if it would actually be better for everyone as a whole. there has to be a balance and right now its the wild west. Which i get some like, and some dont.

BigK421

FNG
The only thing I'll add to this is I'm a gun guy like everyone else. I don't own an AR style rifle, not sure if I ever will. Are they cool looking and fun to shoot, of course. I started hunting in the 90's and nobody around had anything like that. It was just bolt actions, pumps and some semi auto shotguns. Of course they were around then, just not nearly as popular as they are now.

I will say I've been at some public gun ranges before and there always seems to be this group of "bros" that show up with AR weapons, chest packs, etc like they're ready for a extraction mission in the middle east. They take over the range, shoot up the target backstops, hot brass flying everywhere and hitting you in the back of the neck while I'm trying to make some final adjustments to my hunting rifle.

I'm not generalizing AR owners because they're are plenty of good ol boys that have them. It just has attracted a different group of people to the gun ranges then I remember 20 years ago.

I will agree that everyone that preaches responsible gun ownership needs to be on board with responsible gun ownership whatever that may look like. What that solution is, I'm not sure if anyone really knows because you just have extreme people on both sides that can't even have a discussion.

If you all think the world is nuts now, just wait a few years.

15% of the millennial generation has considered suicide as compared to 2% of the gen x generation.

The mental health crisis in the USA is at an all-time high and it needs to be addressed WAAAY more than gun rights.

Last edited:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Not saying Im right, but the brainwashing of both sides is full very illogical arguments. Im not saying ban guns outright, but why you need an AR-15 and large capacity magazine I’ll never understand. No argument has convinced me otherwise other than it’s like fireworks - they are just fun as hell.

My argument.
To be on a semi level playing field weaponry wise as the goverment and the public to defend myself and family.
At this point the guns are out there in massive numbers.
To think that the can be collected or regulated at this point is silly.

IMO getting to the root of the problem WHY the shootings happen is much more important to me the HOW do they happen.

I will leave this here for food to think on. You will never be able to prevent pipe bombs or other IEDs from being made. Remove a weapon from someone that has desire to hurt others and they will just select another weapon.

I have been to the places where people were murdered in wholesale. I've also read enough accounts of the atrocities committed on entire populations across the globe in the past 100 years. I've also had my eyes open the past few years in this country.

People who don't understand why we should have the right to own these arms live an unbelievably nice life. I live a nice life but certainly don't think there is anything keeping those bad things from happening right here in my neighborhood.

Not even slightly entertaining stricter gun laws to make it harder for incompetent people to get guns is the result of incompetent extreme gun rights activists. Im may be one of the only ones on here who thinks It should be harder for everyone to get a gun. Doesnt mean tou cant get one. But look at silencers. You can get them, but it takes some work. Guns should be that way in my opinion. Those who are gun crazy already have what they want so stricter gun laws to make purchases harder doesnt impact them I would guess. The whole ‘responsible gun owner’ argument seems hypocrytical if you arent for responsible gun laws.

Rip this apart, i dont vote cause the whole game is rigged. So you have nothing to fear from me other than the angst this post may stir in you. My concern is hunters lose less support when we dismiss every gun law as too far even if it would actually be better for everyone as a whole. there has to be a balance and right now its the wild west. Which i get some like, and some dont.

Personally I have seen the Ukraine conflict as a real eye opener.

I'm not so worried about protecting myself from our government, but have increased concern of protecting myself from other governments. I don't think it will happen, but it can. Then chit can go crazy here too.

I'm also not under any belief that I'm not anything that a reasonably placed mortar can't take out. But do believe that I should be aware of my capabilities to try to defend myself and family.

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
The amount of guys on this site that are willing to give God given rights away to be "protected by the government" blows me away. If we just make the legal age 21 to buy a weapon then murderers wont murder? I am not owed to not have something bad happen to me or someone I love. I pray it doesn't happen. What I am owed is the chance to defend myself.

I have a fundamental problem with being able to be tried as an adult but not being treated as an adult.
So you think 14, 15, 16 year olds should be treated as adults??? Because every year in this country kids those ages are tried as adults!

It's a nuanced conversation. But I think people look at what are some easy ways to potentially help reduce school shootings and mass shootings. Because the all or nothing gamesmanship by both sides has resulted in nothing being done.

Access to firearms is the reason the USA has this many mass shootings. Full stop, the data sets show this in basically every study done. Now I believe in our constitution and the right to bear arms. I think what Canada is doing is a travesty! But I think having open dialogue about this especially when you have high profile shootings where the shooter waited to turn 18 and buy AR platform guns, is warranted. You can disagree and that's why we are a free country. But if shootings continue to happen with high capacity firearms, I expect at a minimum the age will be increased in the near future to purchase those weapons.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If a troubled and demented teenager wasn’t legally allowed to buy an AR at 18, he would not have been able to kill all of those innocent children.
Why was a troubled and demented teenager out loose in society? That's the real problem. The left doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so "we just have to accept everyone as they are"......."mentally unstable and/or confused" and all.......so they deflect to something that isn't really the problem.

Legal access to AR-15's or any gun is NOT the problem. The left likes to make people think that it's the problem, but they prey on people's emotions and ignorance to do that. Then the media jumps onboard as well and the general public become even more ignorant of the problem and the logic with it, so they all come to the same conclusion........guns or access to guns must be the problem. Heck, just look at a bunch of the comments on here......they've fallen into the left and media trap and believe guns are the problem. SMH

The left has always struggled with being able to accurately identify the problems and the proper solutions to the real problems. But identifying the wrong problem from the start is sabotaging any and all efforts for a solution to the actual problem. But that's all intentional. The bottom line is that an armed society is a problem to a group that craves power. If they really wanted to solve this problem, then they'd be focusing on the actual problem.

Last edited:

Will_m

WKR
Use that big brain of yours that comes up with those big words and read my post carefully using deductive reeasoning. If a troubled and demented teenager wasn’t legally allowed to buy an AR at 18, he would not have been able to kill all of those innocent children. Explain to me why a teenager should have an AR.
Surely you are not so naive as to believe that simply limiting the age for purchase would prohibit the possession of an AR platform by a minor. You want to see some deductive reasoning? A person who commits a mass shooting is breaking the law. However you want to look at it, it is a premeditated event. In other words, this person planned to break a law, a very, very serious law. Applying a deductive inference to that premise, one can logically arrive at the conclusion that this person would also plan to come into possession of the means to commit the crime, regardless of its legality. That, Mr. Big Brain, is called deductive reasoning. The same thing with guns applies to language. If you are going to wield something, you should probably know how to use it.

I could get onboard with the 21 thing........just as long the legal voting age is raised to 21 as well. If they aren't mentally competent enough to buy guns at under 21, then they certainly aren't competent enough to vote. They can do much more damage to the nation by voting than buying guns.
Lol good point. That would hit a stalemate since they'd greatly limit the blue voters

There's currently a lawsuit in my state over National Merit Honors now, because literally administration didn't want the students who didn't qualify to feel bad. They withheld results.

This is part of the problem with the education system, make everyone feel good. Probably do away with grading before long. It will be pass or retry since fail won't be reasonable language to use.

Why was a troubled and demented teenager out loose in society? That's the real problem. The left doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so "we just have to accept everyone as they are"......."mentally unstable and/or confused" and all.......so they deflect to something that isn't really the problem.

At some point you need to learn that sometimes you fail, sometimes you loose. You also deserve recognition for hard work, and consequences for actions and decisions.

tony

WKR
So you think 14, 15, 16 year olds should be treated as adults??? Because every year in this country kids those ages are tried as adults!

It's a nuanced conversation. But I think people look at what are some easy ways to potentially help reduce school shootings and mass shootings. Because the all or nothing gamesmanship by both sides has resulted in nothing being done.

Access to firearms is the reason the USA has this many mass shootings. Full stop, the data sets show this in basically every study done. Now I believe in our constitution and the right to bear arms. I think what Canada is doing is a travesty! But I think having open dialogue about this especially when you have high profile shootings where the shooter waited to turn 18 and buy AR platform guns, is warranted. You can disagree and that's why we are a free country. But if shootings continue to happen with high capacity firearms, I expect at a minimum the age will be increased in the near future to purchase those weapons.
I work in the WV prison system as a nurse.
Recently we had two “kids” tried and convicted as adults. 16 year boy shot and killed 4 family members including a 2 or 3 year little brother. His reason? To be with his 16 year old girlfriend. His family didn’t want him around her for whatever reason.
Her role I’m more familiar with as I work in the states only female prison. She helped plan his crime and when he called her right before he committed the murders she told him “to hurry up and do it and get over here.”
She came to prison at 18 and will serve 10 years. He got 4 life sentences plus I think another 40 years for various charges
He will serve 15 years total due to committing his crime as a “kid”.
Funny thing is the love of his life turned on him faster than a fat chick eats a Big Mac when she was facing life.
Look up the “pretty little killers” Morgantown WV more “kids”.
I have no answer how to fix any of this. Raising the age limit seems to be the most reasonable answer.
And it’s been beaten to death, yet a state with very strict gun laws had 2 mass shootings both with pistols. One being what the media called an “assault pistol“ 🧐
Some here want to remove the ar type platform from ownership. Man, just look up north to see what happens when the government just wants to take 1 or 2 guns that the sole purpose is to “kill”.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
If you all think the world is nuts now, just wait a few years.

15% of the millennial generation has considered suicide as compared to 2% of the gen x generation.

The mental health crisis in the USA is at an all-time high and it needs to be addressed WAAAY more than gun rights.
I wonder how many of the 15% are on prescription mood altering drugs?

I don't know if you've spent much time around adolescents, but there's a big difference in maturity, empathy towards others, ability to make rational decisions, accountability, etc. as teenagers grow into young adults.

Maybe it needs to be a couple years higher than 21. But, I don’t think anyone can dispute that a 21-year-old is more of an adult than an 18-year-old.
the vegas shooter had a cessna 183 airplane. Flying into crowd at night, loaded with fuel and other explosive elements, What would the body count been if he didnt have guns…..

Age restrictions mean nothing, other then typically coming up with far more lethal efficiencies.

just my 2cents.

regardless you are a TX resident and understand who currently controls the TX legislation and veto power. None of these go through

I wonder how many of the 15% are on prescription mood altering drugs?

There is no telling.

I was at a conference the other day and there was a guy there giving a seminar about the millennial generation in the workforce and to say it was eye opening would be a major understatement. No wonder companies can't keep people.

Last edited:

z987k

WKR
the vegas shooter had a cessna 183 airplane. Flying into crowd at night, loaded with fuel and other explosive elements, What would the body count been if he didnt have guns…..

Age restrictions mean nothing, other then typically coming up with far more lethal efficiencies.

just my 2cents.

regardless you are a TX resident and understand who currently controls the TX legislation and veto power. None of these go through
Probably less to be honest. And I don't think you want to compare licensing for airplanes with gun ownership.