CO Firearms Discussion - Help Needed!

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
I am not seeing this discussed but it needs to be.

CO is once again trying to trample 2A rights. Multiple pieces of legislation are being put out that have a solid chance of passing.

This effects CO Residents and NR alike. Contact your representatives:

Not an all inclusive list!

HB24-1292 Prohibit Certain Weapons Used in Mass Shootings​

Basically bans a lot of guns. You will be "grandfathered in". Not sure how this applies to NR coming to hunt with semi autos. Bolt guns are good to go...for now.

"The bill defines the term "assault weapon" and prohibits a person from manufacturing, importing, purchasing, selling, offering to sell, or transferring ownership of an assault weapon. The bill further prohibits a person from possessing a rapid-fire trigger activator. A person in violation of the prohibitions will be assessed a first-time penalty of $250,000 and $500,000 for each subsequent violation."

(I) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS THE CAPACITY TO ACCEPT5 A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, OR THAT MAY BE READILY MODIFIED TO6 ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, AND HAS ONE OR MORE OF THE7 FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:

(D) A MUZZLE BRAKE
(G) A THREADED BARREL;

Some others:

HB24-1348 Secure Firearm Storage in a Vehicle​

The bill prohibits knowingly leaving a firearm in an unattended vehicle unless the firearm is stored in a locked hard-sided container that is not left in plain view or that is in the locked trunk of the vehicle. Unsafe storage of a firearm in a vehicle is a civil infraction, punishable by a maximum $500 fine.

Another

HB24-1270 Firearm Liability Insurance Requirement​

The bill requires firearm owners to maintain a liability insurance policy that covers losses or damages to a person, other than the policyholder, who is injured on the insured property as a result of any accidental or unintentional discharge of the firearm (firearm liability insurance). Failure to maintain a firearm liability insurance policy is a civil infraction. A first offense is punishable by a minimum $500 fine, half of which may be suspended if the person has obtained firearm liability insurance. A second offense within 5 years of a prior offense is punishable by a minimum $1,000 fine.

Last edited:

def90

WKR
There are a few more as well.

One of the bad ones:

The "sensitive" spaces bill which would make concealed carry illegal in most public spaces.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
And the Dems / Polis just exempted themselves from the open meeting law... the weasels are running amuck in the hen house.

(I) A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS THE CAPACITY TO ACCEPT5 A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, OR THAT MAY BE READILY MODIFIED TO6 ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE, AND HAS ONE OR MORE OF THE7 FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:

(D) A MUZZLE BRAKE
(G) A THREADED BARREL;

So an AR without a threaded barrel is OK? Lol

Jbehredt

WKR
It’s a done deal. They’ve got big enough majorities that they aren‘t worried about pissing off the generally quiet minority anymore. A couple lost seats won’t matter. Eventually it will be squashed in court but they’ll enjoy paying their attorneys with our money the whole way up.

So an AR without a threaded barrel is OK? Lol

Nope, still illegal,
Because in the bill, all specific manufacturers and models are named and banned.

So DD (for example ) cant just come along and make a non threaded barrel AR because DD is banned.

Another example
A .22 FN pistol with threaded barrel will be banned, but a .50 Desert Eagle without a threaded barrel will still be legal.
Makes sense, eh?

Nope, still illegal,
Because in the bill, all specific manufacturers and models are named and banned.

So DD (for example ) cant just come along and make a non threaded barrel AR because DD is banned.

Another example
A .22 FN pistol with threaded barrel will be banned, but a .50 Desert Eagle without a threaded barrel will still be legal.
Makes sense, eh?
Crap there goes my grouse gun!

OP
R

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Nope, still illegal,

Another example
Makes sense, eh?
There is an exemption in the bill for rimfire guns. 22 LR would be ok. Still BS when this state can't even police their own in Denver that are just shooting randomly on Colfax nightly.

There is an exemption in the bill for rimfire guns. 22 LR would be ok. Still BS when this state can't even police their own in Denver that are just shooting randomly on Colfax nightly.

Not according to this chick, that owns/works at Dragonsman in Colorado.

Skip to the 3:00 mark for her interpretation.

I haven’t read all the legislation, but if it accepts a magazine and has a threaded barrel, it’s banned.

Nope, still illegal,

Another example
Makes sense, eh?

Which would violate the Interstate Commerce Clause in the US Constitution? The very same document CO said they would uphold as the supreme law of the land to gain statehood?

Maybe?

OP
R

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Not according to this chick, that owns/works at Dragonsman in Colorado.

Skip to the 3:00 mark for her interpretation.

I haven’t read all the legislation, but if it accepts a magazine and has a threaded barrel, it’s banned.

"(b) "ASSAULT WEAPON" DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY FIREARM THAT HAS BEEN MADE PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE; AN ANTIQUE FIREARM MANUFACTURED BEFORE 1899; A REPLICA OF AN ANTIQUE FIREARM; A FIREARM THAT IS MANUALLY OPERATED BY BOLT, PUMP, LEVER, SLIDE ACTION, UNLESS THE FIREARM IS A SHOTGUN WITH A REVOLVING CYLINDER; OR A FIREARM THAT CAN ONLY FIRE RIMFIRE AMMUNITION." "

Unless I'm interpreting that differently, rimfire are exempt.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider

This guy explains it well.

This state is becoming a real drag. My great grandparents that homesteaded here are rolling over in their graves.

"(b) "ASSAULT WEAPON" DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY FIREARM THAT HAS BEEN MADE PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE; AN ANTIQUE FIREARM MANUFACTURED BEFORE 1899; A REPLICA OF AN ANTIQUE FIREARM; A FIREARM THAT IS MANUALLY OPERATED BY BOLT, PUMP, LEVER, SLIDE ACTION, UNLESS THE FIREARM IS A SHOTGUN WITH A REVOLVING CYLINDER; OR A FIREARM THAT CAN ONLY FIRE RIMFIRE AMMUNITION." "

Unless I'm interpreting that differently, rimfire are exempt.

I think it has to do with a threaded barrel.

Same lady explained, a lever action with a detachable mag AND muzzle device, is banned….even though on your cut/paste, it says lever action is legal.
Same as pump. A pump with pistol grip is banned, a pump with regular grip is legal.

So that .22 FN with detachable mag AND threaded barrel, will be banned.

I could be wrong, or she could be..
But it reads, ANYTHING with a MD and TB will be banned, regardless of caliber.

All that aside, and it’s all totally F’ed and I F’ing hate Colorado now, after being a resident for nearly 30 years…

The fact that when you die, your guns will not be able to be passed down.
I don’t even have anyone to pass my gun too, but that was just something that really stands out as exceptionally twisted.

Rich M

WKR
Seems like a single shot rifle for NR travel hunts…

The insurance thing seems wise but they’ll use it to backdoor a gun owner list.