Tarptent scarp 2

Philsummers21

Lil-Rokslider
Getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these. As far as I can find it’s the lightest 4 season tent that I can find. Any thoughts, reviews before I do it. Have been looking for a tent for about 6 months now and I just can’t seem to get away from tarptents. At under 4# for the floor space it seems like a no brainer. I don’t plan on camping in the snow but late season hunts it does come.
8710d1cc213e916a86139d5b799da062.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s still under 4lbs with the solid body Or is that with the mesh body?

3.75# with solid walls. Less with mesh then with the additional load support poles I think adds 16oz. So 4.75# for a solid snow tent

had a solid snow tent once. Till it snowed slush and froze on the tent. And collapsed it breaking all the poles.

I don't have this tent but do have 4 Tarptent models. Great products and great company.

I also do not have the scarp, but concur with the above... Excellent company, excellent products. I only have two though. Purchased the stratospire 2 first and found it to be gigantic for a solo shelter. I bought the notch the following year and it's awesome for solo backpacking. Very well conceived designs. If the scarp fits your needs I'm sure you'll like it. If you do decide to purchase, let us know what you think!

I have a stratospire 2. It's huge for one guy, and decent for 2. Vestibules are huge and it's nice to each have your own door. I'm looking at selling it tho, only because I want to try a floorless shelter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a stratospire 2. It's huge for one guy, and decent for 2. Vestibules are huge and it's nice to each have your own door. I'm looking at selling it tho, only because I want to try a floorless shelter.

I have the Stratospire 2 and love it. Mostly go solo but wanted a 2 man when i have a buddy. Love the extra room and going to a 1-man didnt seem worth the minimal weight difference. Had the Double Rainbow and it seemed tight to me even with 1 person but I like extra room to sit up and move around without hitting the sides. S2 is the perfect tent for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Great tent. I've only used it on one trip but was impressed. Lightweight, easy to setup and plenty of room for one plus gear.

Why not just take the nest out of the stratospire 2? That would be a very light floorless shelter with plenty of room

Ended up getting the Nemo dagger 3p. For the same weight as the tarptent I get a bigger floor. Yeah not as weatherproof but enough I hope. Will report back how it is

How do you feel about the strato? That was on my list also

Apologies for just seeing and getting around to this...

Stratospire 2 is a really nice tent. It's huge and ridiculously lightweight, but that said, you need quite a bit of room to set it up. Since I currently do most of my tenting in eastern deciduous forests, it was a bit big for those end of the day- light is fading fast- setups. If you're setting up in a meadow or forest environment that isn't as congested it would be very nice. My daughter is getting old enough to come along and the SS2 will probably make it into the rotation more than my solo notch. During one trip down the rabbit hole, I saw a SS2 setup with a small Kifaru stove. Looked pretty neat but haven't tried it myself.... yet.

Haha. Yeah I’m coming from a wall tent with a wood/coal stove so this will be a different year that’s for sure. Tired of walking 2-3miles in and out every day so

Back