SWFA, what’s the deal?

I got a 3-9 SWFA scope delivered yesterday as a replacement for the one i sent in December 2020. Its a good thing i didn't need it :ROFLMAO:

That's insane...and folks here continue to sing their praises. Blows my mind
I'm still a fan. I'll take a product that works over one that's more likely to fail but have a replacement delivered within a week every time. In the case of the scope getting replaced it took a hard fall objective bell first onto solid ice. I wouldn't bet on any scope surviving that fall. The fact that they replaced it is enough for me. Had it just shit the bed on it's own i'd be pretty unhappy though.

Well I’m kind of miffed. I backordered a 2.5-10X Ultralight back in December, periodically checked up on it over the next month or so but figured it would arrive when it arrives. Logged in the other day and it says “order completed”… but they never took money from my card and I never received the scope.

Emailed as an inquiry about the order status, and this was the response…
“Your order has been cancelled by our fraud department. If you would like to place an order we require that the order is paid with a money order.”

WTH? Anyone else have this experience?

ElPollo

WKR
No. Call them and ask and then check with your bank to see if there are any issues with your account that might have caused it. There could have been an error in the card number number you typed in. Or, if you are like me, I get a fraud alert on my card once or twice a year and my bank sends me a new one. Most of the time I forget to update my subscriptions and automated payments. My experience with talking with people at SWFA has always been good.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I just got an email that every single item, over the course of 2 orders was canceled. Total nonsense and preventable. Don't advertise a huge sale then fail to fulfil. Poor business practice.
As I have defended them in the recent past, in all fairness I would not order anything from them unless at a steep discount or one of their scopes. Anyway, just figured I should acknowledge my error.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
My card initially flagged the SWFA charges as fraudulent and cancelled the charges. No idea why. A couple phone calls and worked it out.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
As I have defended them in the recent past, in all fairness I would not order anything from them unless at a steep discount or one of their scope. Anyway, just figured I should acknowledge my error.

Right on, it’s all good.

I have spent a lot of money with them over the years, and feel this was a crappy move that was totally avoidable.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Is it possible that it was a tech glitch and not done on purpose?

Is it possible that it was a tech glitch and not done on purpose?

It’s definitely possible, but when I asked if I could re-order, SWFA refused to honor their sale pricing if I were to order again.

This was a tech glitch on their end, they could have reached out in some way to prevent the randomly cancelled order, but they did not and now won’t honor the sale price.

Like someone said above, don’t advertise a huge sale then fail to fulfill. Pretty annoying imo.

Tod osier

WKR
It’s definitely possible, but when I asked if I could re-order, SWFA refused to honor their sale pricing if I were to order again.

This was a tech glitch on their end, they could have reached out in some way to prevent the randomly cancelled order, but they did not and now won’t honor the sale price.

Like someone said above, don’t advertise a huge sale then fail to fulfill. Pretty annoying imo.

I'm really surprised to hear this... When I had scopes on backorder the most aggressive sale pricing seen during the backorder period was applied when delivered, this happened with 2 scopes that I backordered in the last 6 months. Given what I've seen, I have a very hard time believing that if you called them there would be a problem.

I'm really surprised to hear this... When I had scopes on backorder the most aggressive sale pricing seen during the backorder period was applied when delivered, this happened with 2 scopes that I backordered in the last 6 months. Given what I've seen, I have a very hard time believing that if you called them there would be a problem.

IMG_5556.jpg

Shraggs

WKR
My visa had marked swfa as fraudulent and would not allow any purchase. So the other away around. I had many heated discussions with my visa and they claim swfa is not ear marked, but the first line customer rep said so on my first call. But I suspect the others here above aren’t swfa but the credit company telling swfa declined for fraudulent use. I was able to make several purchases non related same days I tried. I had no problem with Amex and another card.

Something is amiss here but not sure it’s swfa