SWFA, what’s the deal?

Bobbyboe

WKR
I had a 2021 model fixed 6x take a dump on an elk hunt last fall. It was returned to be exchanged in October and I still have not received a replacement. Every time I contact them, they have no timeframe on when scopes will be in stock. What’s the deal?

Is this a supply chain issue, or did they get crappy scopes and are going through another vendor to be produced? I have several of their older scopes and have been happy, but the failure of my 2021 6x scares me. So, is it supply chair or quality issues that are holding up supply?

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
Still waiting on a replacement 3-9 for the one I sent in December 2020..

What happened to your 6x?

The 6x was on a .50 cal muzzy. It abruptly stopped tracking correctly when dialed. With a 100 yard zero, dialing at 200 the scope would be off by about 10-11”. All screws were checked to confirm they were torqued properly. I could then re-zero at 100 and it would hold tight groups. Then when I dialed it would again be significantly off. Very frustrating since I’ve had good luck with their scopes on other rifles.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Durn shame and a crutch to lean on (sound familiar?) for days and days and days for Corporate America.

Good luck,

Eddie

my guess is supply chain.... how i understand it, they have been increasing their orders to keep up with demand, but demand keeps surpassing their production forecasts..... they sell out and have to wait for the next full shipment, they don't trickle in over time.

that sucks though, and i feel for ya. i like my 3-9X, but understand the reality if something happens to it, i won't have much support from them by default.... i'm buying another rifle setup in the near future and will likely just get a NF NXS so i have durability and company support if something happens. SWFA are known to be very reliable, but as the consumer you have to rely on that reliability, because if it becomes unreliable, you aren't getting it back in functioning order in a realistic timeframe

SWFA has long had issues keeping up with demand. Their most popular scopes remain in a near perpetual state of backorder and have for some time. Even with that, they happily ran Black Friday specials, knowing full well that they'd struggle to meet demand in a timely manner.

The simple fact of the matter is that at this point, they don't have to give a shit whether they fulfill orders or turn around warranty claims. People will continue to support them.

I spoke with them on the phone a week ago about a back order for a 3-9. The guy on the phone said they have absolutely no idea when they will be getting those back in stock and that they won’t charge your card until they actually have a scope for you.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
i would ask for the scope back until they can get you a replacement. at least you have the reticle to use. better than nothing.

Rob5589

WKR
Let's not act like Leupold and Vortex haven't earned those reputations for failures. But, you got a great warranty when you're 10 miles in and your scope craps out on you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Absolutely, 100%. About half of the Vortex products I've owned have gone back for one reason or another. Doesn't change the fact that the Super Chicken simply is not available and not even SWFA knows when it will be. So in essence, you're buying a scope with no warranty since they don't appear to repair, instead choosing to replace.

I was less than thrilled when I sent my 3-15 ffp and they kept telling me they "only allot a few scopes from every shipment for warranty" and I had to wait several more months. Luckily it was only about four or five months.

I really like the scope but I may just splurge for a SHV next time.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Here’s what’s really funny. Over the last year I’ve seen LOTS of posts about people complaining about swfa not having replacements for warranty. For a scope that’s been proclaimed 100% bullet proof I’m surprised at the number of posts about people needing warranty work. I had one. It was perfectly fine, and I’d like another for a budget rifle I have.

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
Here’s what’s really funny. Over the last year I’ve seen LOTS of posts about people complaining about swfa not having replacements for warranty. For a scope that’s been proclaimed 100% bullet proof I’m surprised at the number of posts about people needing warranty work. I had one. It was perfectly fine, and I’d like another for a budget rifle I have.

That’s my point, is the backlog an issue with quality control or are they truly out of stock. I never had issues with my other SWFA’s, just the 2021 model. Up until this year I haven’t heard of people complaining about swfa scope failures.