SWFA, what’s the deal?

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
My visa had marked swfa as fraudulent and would not allow any purchase. So the other away around. I had many heated discussions with my visa and they claim swfa is not ear marked, but the first line customer rep said so on my first call. But I suspect the others here above aren’t swfa but the credit company telling swfa declined for fraudulent use. I was able to make several purchases non related same days I tried. I had no problem with Amex and another card.

Something is amiss here but not sure it’s swfa
This type thing has happened to me 6 times or more in six months. I try to use the most private and secure e-commerce while online. That is the problem now! The fraud is not me or you it's the companies and three letter agencies tracking purchases. If they can't track everything pertaining to a purchase(phishing attacks, cookies ect.) They accuse you of fraud and will not supply you with proof when asked. They ask for copy of driver's licenses, wire transfer, money order ect. Worst offenders so far natchez (all ways has primers when no one else does) euro optic and all of there subs, optic planet, all shopify e-commerce sites.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
This type thing has happened to me 6 times or more in six months. I try to use the most private and secure e-commerce while online. That is the problem now! The fraud is not me or you it's the companies and three letter agencies tracking purchases. If they can't track everything pertaining to a purchase(phishing attacks, cookies ect.) They accuse you of fraud and will not supply you with proof when asked. They ask for copy of driver's licenses, wire transfer, money order ect. Worst offenders so far natchez (all ways has primers when no one else does) euro optic and all of there subs, optic planet, all shopify e-commerce sites.
The companies eat it from their bottom line if they sell and it turns out to be fraud. Calling a company an "offender" for trying to prevent theft is hypocrisy as you try to be very secure with your own information.

Shraggs

WKR
Marbles I agree with that, but I’m wondering more what did or does swfa do to warrant a periodic status. It seems it happens with sporting or 2A tangent product related stuff, anecdotally anyway.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Marbles I agree with that, but I’m wondering more what did or does swfa do to warrant a periodic status.
I'm assuming we are talking about purchases getting marked as fraud by the card companies; rather than talking about the policies of individual companies.
It seems it happens with sporting or 2A tangent product related stuff, anecdotally anyway.
I think it is more that some products are easy to move, so get purchased by people looking to turn a stolen card into tangible assets. A recent purchase of a new phone from Samsung got flagged as fraud for me. The time before that was plane tickets. I don't recall ever having anything hunting or gun related flagged, those products fit in my normal pattern of purchases.

Shraggs

WKR
Good info. I buy mostly gun snd hunting related so my 3 incidents at separate times with swfa and my visa still baffle me.

Amex came thru tho.

FWIW

There are several SWFA scopes showing back in stock now. Several of the fixed powers (but not 6X) the 3-15 and the 5X20 illuminated all Mil Quad if anyone is interested.

My credit card was charged last week for an order I put in and Wendy said they should be shipping here shortly. They have a huge pile of scopes/orders to go through.

Last edited:

BLJ

WKR
I ordered 3 t-shirts on 05/12. Received an email on 05/24 that one was not available as it was now out of stock. Although it was in stock when I ordered. Received an email on 05/25 that my order had shipped. Tracking number shows expected delivery of 06/05. 3.5 weeks for 2 t-shirts. Not great.

I like my 3-15 and would like to have a 6x MOA for a 22, but they need to get some stuff sorted out before I order again.

uhcoog1

FNG
I placed an order about a month ago for some of their 50% off stuff, never arrived. I reached out, they stated it was marked as fraudulent, so we redid the order on the phone.
I asked why the big sale. They confirmed they're going to a business model where they only sell their own products, they plan to not carry anyone else's gear going forward.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to add an update after speaking with SWFA today. First off, I was on hold less than 10 seconds, a human answered right away and was very kind and helpful.

I ordered a 3-9x42 in early April and was hoping to get an update. She said there’s no timeline available and will likely be weeks-months for that to get filled.

I also ordered a 3-15x42 over the weekend thanks to their current sale and she told me that scope should ship out in 5-10 days.

As for cards getting declined, this happened to me too. My Chase visa worked fine to back order the 3-9 in April but then was declined when buying the 3-15 earlier this week. Fortunately, my Wells-Fargo visa worked fine and I was still able to order one.

While talking to the lady with SWFA, I asked their policy for filling back orders if the card listed gets declined and she told me they contact the buyer via email and give them 10 days to provide a new card or other form of payment before cancelling the order. Hopefully that provides some peace of mind to anyone concerned their backorder may be cancelled instantly if their card is declined.

Overall I was extremely impressed by their customer service and would recommend just calling if you have any questions/concerns.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Another Update: Just received notification that the 3-15x42 that I ordered on 7/1/23 has shipped and should arrive on 7/15/23. Hard to ask for more than that.

KenLee

WKR
I ordered a 6x on 7-3 and received on 7-11. One day being a holiday
Am I required to now buy a Tikka???
Are the included rings reliable?

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
You got it. You're now required to buy a Tikka, AND buy Sportsmatch rings.

At which point you can forget about gear shopping altogether, and just hunt instead.
I ordered a 6x on 7-3 and received on 7-11. One day being a holiday
Am I required to now buy a Tikka???
Are the included rings reliable?

still waiting on a 3-9 from 1/17. glad to see that some of the other scopes are shipping out in a more timely manner.

KenLee

WKR
You got it. You're now required to buy a Tikka, AND buy Sportsmatch rings.

At which point you can forget about gear shopping altogether, and just hunt instead.
I'd probably put the scope on a 30 yr old NEF single shot before I bought a Tikka...unless I ran across one dirt cheap.