SWFA, what’s the deal?

Just out of curiosity how does the turret post on the 3-9 differ than that of the 3-15?
HD is a splined shaft. With a single screw in the center. All the screw does is hold the cap on, twist tension is on the splines.
Classics are a smooth shaft with tension screws around the shaft, and the twist force is from screw tension.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
HD is a splined shaft. With a single screw in the center. All the screw does is hold the cap on, twist tension is on the splines.
Classics are a smooth shaft with tension screws around the shaft, and the twist force is from screw tension.
Gotchya, so it the post thicker or thinner than the 3-15? I’m just trying to figure out how the zero stop shims would differ between the two models other than maybe the outside diameter as I’ve read the 3-9s turrets aren’t as big.

amassi

WKR
Gotchya, so it the post thicker or thinner than the 3-15? I’m just trying to figure out how the zero stop shims would differ between the two models.
Different I.D on the turrets the 3-9 is smaller, around .905 and the fixed 1.025

amassi

WKR
Gotchya, so it the post thicker or thinner than the 3-15? I’m just trying to figure out how the zero stop shims would differ between the two models other than maybe the outside diameter as I’ve read the 3-9s turrets aren’t as big.
The 3-9 has a smaller I'd. Somewhere around .905 and the fixed have ~1.025

BBob

WKR
3-9 stop shims can be no larger than about .900" OD and no smaller than about .500" ID. Anything 7/8" (.875") OD with a min of 1/2" (.500") ID should work.

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
I received an email today that the 3-9x42 I ordered on January 1, 2023, that was placed on backorder, shipped today. If anyone else missed out on the last shipment they may be in luck.
Same, I already got 2 from the same order and this will be an extra that I'll probably sell after I get it

Jimbee

WKR
Kinda strange that a bunch of new SWFA scopes are available on Ebay. Even 3-9....

ChrisAU

WKR
Was told this morning that my order was still backordered, so I sent them the link to the eBay listing...