Suppressors - first round impact shift

OP
H

hibernation

Lil-Rokslider
This is the first I caught wind of this issue, I got a DD wolf hunter in jail right now so its a concerning thing to hear.
Yeah, sounds like a crapshoot. Going to test mine a little more tonight / this weekend, but likely purchasing another suppressor with more consistency. Looks like you've got an AB Raptor, how're you liking that one? No issues with first round impacts, or accuracy in general?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah, sounds like a crapshoot. Going to test mine a little more tonight / this weekend, but likely purchasing another suppressor with more consistency. Looks like you've got an AB Raptor, how're you liking that one? No issues with first round impacts, or accuracy in general?
Like it. I haven’t noticed anything abnormal to date but don’t have a super high round count on it yet and am shuffling it between guns currently. The DD wolf hunter purchase was intended to reduce said shuffling.

TreeDog

Lil-Rokslider
Just got approved for a DD STi. Waiting for it to ship from Capitol Armory. This isn't making me feel great about my choice...

OP
H

hibernation

Lil-Rokslider
I put a lot of rounds thru the Lti without any odd impacts. My high 1st shot impacts are a recent anomaly that I have yet to pinpoint.
Yeah, I'm not sure if mine is a recent development or just something I didn't notice earlier. I was shooting it a lot on a 223 but trying out different ammo, swapping scopes, etc, so the POI was usually shifting at the start of a range session anyway. It was grouping well enough with some ammo once warmed up that I don't know how well I paid attention to first round impacts.

TreeDog

Lil-Rokslider
I put a lot of rounds thru the Lti without any odd impacts. My high 1st shot impacts are a recent anomaly that I have yet to pinpoint.
That's super interesting. Do you think it could have something to do with carbon build up throwing something off? Strange for it to become an issue now and not from the beginning.

TreeDog

Lil-Rokslider
2x makes every rifle tried shoot terrible. 1x makes every rifle but one shoot badly. We have not worked through it all yet.

I have had a single can, not like a single barrel or muzzle device once or twice. I have never seen multiple cans make multiple rifles shoot poorly.
Is there any correlation with issues and age of the cans? Like older vs new production? Or round counts?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Is there any correlation with issues and age of the cans? Like older vs new production? Or round counts?

They are all new cans.

All-

This behavior is NOT normal or expected with suppressors. The issue I/we are seeing with these cans are an anomaly- do not presume or think it is normal.

wapitibob

WKR
That's super interesting. Do you think it could have something to do with carbon build up throwing something off? Strange for it to become an issue now and not from the beginning.

I pulled it off so I could check that later today, provided the wind dies down.

ElPollo

WKR
I have an AB Raptor 8-stack that has had a couple thousand rounds run through it and I’ve never seen a first round shot impact shift or any accuracy issues. If I had seen it, I would be documenting it with pictures and communicating that to the company to get them to fix it.

I like the specs and performance figures I’ve seen from DD cans. But the accuracy issues I’ve been hearing might give me some pause about starting the paperwork process on a Wolf Hunter.